Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many friends have you lost to MMOs?

Uncle Evil Guest

Default how many friends have you lost to MMOs?

Just curious how many friends you guys have lost to MMORPGs or if you have fallen victum to them yourself? I have lost only 1 friend to them right now. he is highly addicted to Neverwinter Nights right now. I can hardly ever get ahold of him cause he is always playing that damned game. He laid down 80 bucks on WoW played it for maybe a week and went straight back to NWN.

Thanks

None, maybe. The fast always on-line Internet connections have come here just shortly, so people haven't yet had time to try that kind of games.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

I've lost about 2.
    Not including myself.

Thanks

I lost one friend to WoW, all he does is work and play that damn game. He has like a gf there...creepy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Only lost one, playing he was playing RO then playing morrowind, then coding for that, then poof disapeared from earth.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ive lost no one really. Have I grown apart? In some cases, yes, in others, hell no.

Thanks

I've lost myself several times in the past years while indulging in the fantasy worlds of video games. Amassing the memories together can only bring about dreaded desires to massacre the next congregation of adventurers that happen to pass near my hiding place while I rest in voiceless ambushment.
    Last edited by Kazuya; 22nd-April-2005 at 15:07.
    As long as you got the power and the pad, you'll get the womens.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... I know someone (well, he's a friend of my friend...duh) who is -to say it short- a fanatic a World of Warcraft.

When the game was released, he went to the shop with an electric shocker (or stunner, I dunno, you get the idea ). And when the crowd got too big, he used it.

He started playing it. He just...umm...forgot to go to school. Or, there were times he didn't even want to go to school. When others asked him on msn why he isn't coming, he just said "Leave me alone I'm playing WoW right now" and quit.

So WoW is a friggin' addictive game, that's for sure. Or the guy just doesn't like school at all.

Thanks

That's quite scary, with the tasering of the crowd and all. Weird.
    I guess it's the kind of person you are. Like, I have a friend who has an IV pumping WoW into his veins, and yet I play it as a distraction when I can find nothing better to do.

Thanks
    EP Points

The same friend that i lost to morrowind was talking about this damn game about everyday, and also stopped comming to school and stuff like that. It's really weird, he doesn't go out on saturday nights, he goes to sleep at 9pm but he's never there for school on morning. Sometimes he comes and starts talking about this coding how that and that should have been coded another way, how he made a character etc etc.
    He has no real social life except for school. :\

I wish i was able to bring him back sometime, but others times i just think: **ck that, i'm not his mom!

Anyone heard about the guy that comitted suicide because a girl in a mmorpg didn't like him? I saw tha ton TV the other day, and his mom said she wanted this type of game to be banned, because it was too adictive.
    The guy was going thru an hard part, fell into depression, the girl said she didn't like him "NET style" (haha stfu n00b!) then he commited suicide.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lenin.
    Like, I have a friend who has an IV pumping WoW into his veins, and yet I play it as a distraction when I can find nothing better to do.
    Yeah, I also play some WoW, but only when I want to... well, you said it right: as distraction, when I have nothing better to do. I just couldn't imagine myself playing it for about 2-3 years, 24 hours/day. Ugh.

Thanks

my friend gave up school to play on a ragnarok private server he failed first semester grade 11 then he went to a diff school and and is failing again probably because he never goes to school....

Thanks
    EP Points

Dont have that kind of problems %)

Thanks

There's the one I haven't seen since January sometime... Looks like RO is fun after all.

It doesn't bother me, though - she feels that the game is her life, and if that's the way she wants to spend her time, then I won't stop her. Would be fun to talk to her a bit more often, but oh well.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

my friend just told me there thinking of makeing him a GM lol now for shure he's not goona leave his house.... he hasent left his house for 2 weeks once he just stayed in the same spot playing RO although i used to play it but thats just tooo much