Thread: More of songtrack downloads not working... (can open, but not save)

Thanks

Default More of songtrack downloads not working... (can open, but not save)

In firefox, I can open and play the song through Quicktime. But if you try to save the page then, it gives you the error message "The link could not be saved. The web page might have been removed or had it's name changed." Supposedly if I uninstall Quicktime, it will start downloading. But I need quicktime for certain things on my computer. I also refuse to use Spyware & Adware infested DAP. The Open Internet Explorer -> Click on Media -> In the Media Bar (left side) click on Media Options -> Click Settings -> Play Web Media in the Bar seems to work, but I have no idea where it's downloading to because I just get the downloading icon in the corner without the downloading window. I've tried to download files directly (example: ftp://70.85.9.138/music/Metroid%20Pr...me%20Title.mp3 ), but I still get the "The link could not be saved. The web page might have been removed or had it's name changed." error. And because the links to the song on the site are html (why do people do that?! Why can't it just have the direct link?! It still automatically downloads!), I can't "save link/target as" nor use LeechGet. Oh, and bittorrent doesn't seem to work on my computer... or I just don't understand WTC it is.

I know this is a hefty request, but I've been searching for Video game music for years now, and this is the first place to have a lot all on one site! (and the first place I've seen music for games like Metroid, Mario, and SSBM) Could someone PLEASE help me? I said please!
    Last edited by Nintendo Maniac; 14th-April-2005 at 03:51. Reason: wrong words, spelling mistake

Thanks

Don't try IE. It's hard to manage. Try to get YSIGet and just drag the links of the tracks you want into the YSIGet Window. It'll just queue them. Don't worry, they should dl. I got all of the SSBM OST like that.

EDIT: You can get YSIGet from http://s24.yousendit.com/dmanagers.aspx.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go into Internet Options. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go into "Tools", then "Internet Options".
    Go in the advanced tab, in the "Multimedia" part, uncheck "Play song in webpages".
    Now it should prompt you to download and will not open it without asking.

Edit: I think that should do the trick, most of the time i'm using Firefox and not IE.
    Last edited by polobunny; 15th-April-2005 at 13:54.

Thanks

Hmm. Try using this link insted: ftp://emuparadise:[email protected]%20Title.mp3
    It's working
    To make links working just add emuparadise:gimmeroms@ before server adress.
    Last edited by MegaVolt; 15th-April-2005 at 14:34.