Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PJ64 1.6 Testing thread

Thanks

I used Default configurations and have tried a few games (system specs 1gb ram, 2ghz processor, Geforce 4), most work well some don't:

Mario Tennis: Still pretty bad effects have been v poorly emulated and some graphics show up as black objects.

Paper Mario: Graphics are fine but the sound crackles a bit.

Beetle Adventure Racing: Some graphical errors (e.g. black objects).

Otherwise, so far, so good, definitely a significant improvement over 1.5

However, I don't think that Project 64 will become the N64's ZSNES till at least version 1.8.

Thanks
    EP Points

To be fair the N64 is a tad more complex and less documented

Mario Tennis can be improved a little with Force Alpha + Force filtering/2xsai (from memory) + forcing D3D Transform pipeline will improve performance for many.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Mario Golf (U) [!]

This one is emulated very nicely. Only issues I had were with transparency. When you are standing idle, certain things (water, walls, rings, etc.) will appear through the ground, which is really annoying if you are attempting to play the miniature golf part of the game (see pix). This doesn't happen while moving to aim the ball or moving the camera.

Standing idle.

Moving around.

Thanks

Here's a report from a low-end system (P4Celeron-2000MHz, 512 RAM, Intel Extreme GFX2) using default plugins:

Mario 64: Works, but keeps giving me error messages (exception fault or whatever), no matter what settings I use.

DK64: Works great

Jet Force Gemini: Work beautifully.

Goldeneye 64: Way too slow to be truly playable. But at least it runs (1964 0.99 just gives me a black screen)

Thanks

I only know that the flickering problem in Paper mario hasn't beenfixed yet

Thanks
    EP Points

But the lighting has Seriously just switch plugin for the parts that flicker, Rices etc

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow
    Mario 64: Works, but keeps giving me error messages (exception fault or whatever), no matter what settings I use.
    No chance that you have a D3D8 error log in the logs directory? If so, zip it up and attach it. Jabo showed some interest in fixing that issue, but can't do so without error logs (or obtaining a machine with that card in it).

I think he has an idea what the issue is, and perhaps can fix it if there is a future release (a definate if, and not a when).
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 25th-April-2005 at 15:58.

Thanks

I don't even see a logs directory. Is there some way to enable it (eg will it start making logs if I creat a directory called "logs")

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm, there is a small error in Earthworm Jim, peter Puppy's head does not appear in Jim's brain I'll try and get a picture posted ASAP

Thanks

Default Hmm...

You have to go to full screen mode so the game will run faster and so the sound works. Super Mario 64 is as slow as heck if you don't do full screen.
    ENJOY YOUR PANCAKES BITCHES!!!

Thanks

Not sure if this has been said yet but Zelda: Ocarina of Time runs VERY smoothly with minor glitches. Basically it's fully playable

<a href="http://www.dohgames.com">Doh Games</a>- All the games, without the confusion.<br>
    <ul><li>Tons of Roms</li>
    <li>NO BS, NO advertisements, NO forced votes!</li>

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by koolguy49
    You have to go to full screen mode so the game will run faster and so the sound works. Super Mario 64 is as slow as heck if you don't do full screen.
    No you don't at all. It is a problem with your machine - notable your graphics card most likely. It isn't a PJ64 issue if your computer can not handle drawing in windowed mode!

So please stop spreading false information.

Thanks

I have the complete goodset of N64 roms.....but what version of the games should I try? the E or U or J ones? my computer is crappy but evreything still runs fine!

Thanks
    EP Points

They should be near identically supported. U are the ones I'd use though, unless the RDB states otherwise.

The E roms should be marginally less system intensive though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, I;m going to unsticky this now as it has served its purpose long enough as a sticky, it can still be used.