Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PJ64 1.6 Testing thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PJ64 1.6 Testing thread

The Purpose of this thread is generally Game testing and to put up results of how well games run under the new emulator, and should you run into any problems posting them up and if you are able to fix this problem also post that too. Much thanks to anyone that participates. I think Specs would also be a handy thing to put up as well if you want to post your findings so that Graphics cards for example can be considered when an emulator related problem arises

Thank you for your Time, Theo.

I Will start mine sometime next week, as I have some important work that I need to take care off first.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm going to allow double posting in here on the basis that the seperate posts have relevance, and that the seperate posts have seperate games in them.

My first one is all star baseball 2001.

I can see no real Graphical Glitches as such but I only tested it to the point to see if the game freezed, a glitch that was in other emulators and an earlier release of PJ64 and am glad to report that it isn't in this one.

Edit: sadly there is a freeze in this, but it does happen less now.

I will edit in my specs later for reference
    Last edited by Stark; 6th-April-2005 at 10:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

^ As noted earlier, there is a freeze that happens at random times. It can be 10 minutes or 30 minutes - but it does happen, and is not fixed at least with current .ini settings. I will experiment and see if I can find some settings whereby the freeze doesn't occur.

Just keep saving and you'll enjoy it though

I'll edit this post later with a game shot or something
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 5th-April-2005 at 16:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Killer Instinct Gold (U) (V1.2) [!]

Tested with Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 plug-in, set on it's default settings.

The game ran full speed for me. Only notable glitches were some slight artifacts on the sprites during the versus screens, and a weird drawing effect in the far background (see upper left part of the pic below to see what I mean). The sprites for various effects, such as the flash when attacks connect, and the fire on Sabrewulf's stage, no longer appear as single-color boxes as they did in version 1.5.

Some of my PC specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    512 MB RAM
    BFG Tech GeForce 6600GT OC AGP (tha shiznit)

(T.J. Combo reels from the effects of Sabrewulf's super butt-stink combo.)
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 5th-April-2005 at 22:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

For the wierd drawing effects, go into the advanced section of Jabos plugin (3rd tab) and try changing the D3D clear mode to, only per frame or always.

That should fix that issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Boy
    For the wierd drawing effects, go into the advanced section of Jabos plugin (3rd tab) and try changing the D3D clear mode to, only per frame or always.

That should fix that issue
    Thanks Del_Boy, that did fix the problem. I thought it might be a good idea that when posting we should include the actual GoodN64 filename of the game ROM, this way we can avoid confusion between game regions and bad, hacked, or overdumps of games.

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried WWF No Mercy and Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on this new one and i have to say there`s an improvment ... where at the start all the colour was missing it`s now back to what it should be and when you play the game it don`t top and start the way it did on the old pj64

Thanks
    EP Points

If there is no Objection I'm going to sticky this for a week or two.

Also can I ask that people who are testing if they could specify their Graphics Card. I ask this because I think some problems come from Graphics cards and the more we know that are hard to emulate cards, we can tell more easily if its a graphic card related problem, I could have phrased that better, but I think you get the message

Thanks
    EP Points

I just want to confirm that Donkey Kong 64 now runs pretty much perfectly. Nice solid frame rate and very few glitches. My computer specs:

Athlon 64 3000+
    512mb PC3200 DDR RAM
    GeForce 6600GT
    Last edited by Cosmic; 5th-April-2005 at 20:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Snap - pretty much perfect (pictures show up, camera is movable on first level, pictures are rated properly) - read the Gamefaq before starting.

Tested on Radeon 8500, Geforce 2/+ 4 ti

Should be fine on all cards that meet the recommended spec. Would be interesting to find out how it performs on the minimum spec card (Intel 810, SIS etc). When Copy RDram is on game will be slow, so only use it for the picture selection section.

Pokemon Puzzle League (All)

Near perfect, minor graphical glitches. Again recommended spec cards tested on. Non recommended spec cards should always expect problems (that doesn't mean they'll never work, just they ain't recommended for a reason).

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 (All)

Both perfect or near to - GB Tower untested by me, but I believe it should be the same as previous versions (ie does transfers, but not the other function whatever that is )

Starcraft64 (E)

Intro FMV works great with sound, menus look great, in game looks fine too. Minor issue with filters turned on (a line near the cursor).

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (All)

Works great.
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 5th-April-2005 at 22:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default WCW-nWo Revenge (U) [!]

Hmmm, I still have trouble with this one. It plays perfect control-wise, and it runs full speed, but I always find it odd how there is graphical garbage (flickering static) in the intro the first time the game is run. I noticed after the .sra file was created and the game is run again, the garbage is gone. I also saw the same sprite errors on the menu screen (see first pic) as in v1.5. The main thing I noticed wrong was that the sound doesn't sync up with the intro. The music is about 5 or more seconds behind what is happening on the screen. I can tell this because there should be an explosion sound when Diamond Dallas Page drops his arms (see second pic), but this sound doesn't happen until well after that part of the intro and also the music doesn't finish playing until well after the "PRESS START" screen comes up. I tried Jabo's plug-in with the sync option on and zilmar's plug-in, and both don't fix the problem. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by AKUMA™; 6th-April-2005 at 23:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the report on this, I'll get it all checked out later For the music sync issue, maybe worth going into rom properties and seeing if CF1 fixes it.

/Ignore CF1 advice, it's already on that for a good reason - on CF2 it runs very fast but flickers a lot. Sounds seems synced to me though.
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 7th-April-2005 at 00:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Boy
    Thanks for the report on this, I'll get it all checked out later For the music sync issue, maybe worth going into rom properties and seeing if CF1 fixes it.

/Ignore CF1 advice, it's already on that for a good reason - on CF2 it runs very fast but flickers a lot. Sounds seems synced to me though.
    Well, I tried the CF2, and it did flicker with that staticy looking garbage on the screen again, but it didn't seem to be any faster, rather it was slower graphically in some areas. I set it back to CF1 and it still did that. Then when I exited and restarted the emulator and ran the game, it was fine except for the music sync problem, which really isn't too big a deal.

Thanks
    EP Points

F-ZERO X (U) [!]

When I would play this game on v1.5 the backgrounds would sometimes flicker in some areas, but this seems to have been fixed in v1.6, probably due to the new Jabo GPU, which I prefer over Rice's GPUs because I never thought Rice's were as good as everyone said they were. Oftentimes the Rice GPU made things worse for me. Only thing that I noticed was that the ships still have a slight transparency/luminescence to them on the screen where you select the color and speed.

Jet Force Gemini - Kiosk (U) [!]

Version 1.6 says this game has a broken core, I am not exactly sure what that means. I tried to play it and it seems to work just as well as the normal version of the game, except on the parts where the screen fades to black it turns white instead with a little bit of static along the bottom of the screen.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (V1.2) [!]

Looks perfect, but the sound leaves something to be desired. It sounds somewhat muffled, even with the sound volume turned all the way up in the game's options.

Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!]

Looks better than on v1.5 IMO, but it still lags in some places which is to be expected. I haven't really played this one too much though, so I dunno if there are any glitches or graphics problems yet...

Star Fox 64 (U) (V1.1) [!]

Looks perfect, and I didn't notice any lag on the intermission screens even though this is stated as a known issue in the FAQ.

All-Star Baseball 2000 (U) [!]

Looks almost perfect, there are some missing graphics here and there, particularly on the borders of certain things (see pic). Also, the video is missing from the big screens on the scoreboards in every stadium. They all just appear gray. I don't know if the game freezes, I played for about 20 minutes just to try out some things, although during the Home Run Derby the game did hiccup a few times.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 7th-April-2005 at 07:43.

Thanks

Personally, my problems are that I just have a crappy computer

I still have problems with semi transparent textures showing up as a purple box, and in games such as Castlevania 64, the fiames, at close distance, are black, while at distance, are purple, red, or otherwise colored boxes, making some fights difficult.

The price of Nostangia

::O Wrrly?::

Steyr Fanboy
    Requests:
    Castlevania: SOTN (Saturn)