Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So.... is the pope dead yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall Z
    Hes done a lot of good and was a positive figure in this world. Its just a shame that all you people act so immature.
    Don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what has the pope done for you? Do not take this as "the Pope never did a damn thing for you"...

Thanks

One good thing the Pope did was he said sorry to the jews for all the bad things the church have done to the jewish people. Makes me happy because I'm Jewish.
    Helping people with emulation problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what has the pope done for you? Do not take this as "the Pope never did a damn thing for you"...
    Oh no i dont take that as disrespctful. But think about all those people hes actually help as far as changing their lives around. From your comments you could be really disrespecting them. Its not a matter of what he did for me because he hasnt been a driving influence in my life. But imagine people hes changed??? He may be looked as a father figure to people so anyone making the comments that have been shown in this thread would really anger others. Just imagine if someone said something to a loved one of yours?? now wouldnt u feel disrespect and anger towards them?? Its about the same thing.

Thanks

Not direct, ofcourse.. but the Pope helped hault the spread of communism in easten Europe, helped mend relationships with most latin american catholics, and campaigned for free elections in poland. He also tried to talk Fidel Castro into having Christmas as recognized holiday in Cuba. ^_________^

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Are you suggesting that unless someone does something for you directly, that there's no point in respecting his or her postive accomplishments?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saeveo
    The Pope has died. 9.37 Pm (GMT + 1.00) Oh well.
    Yeah, I saw it on CNN. It's a pitty, oh well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall Z
    its sad anyones death for the matter. But look at all you people who are very disrespectful for human life in general. Hes done a lot of good and was a positive figure in this world. Its just a shame that all you people act so immature.
    Well who really cares? I mean yeah he was a leader for a select amount oh people by what i dont understand is why his death should be on the news there are people out there doin REAL work helping people where is this guy read a book prayed and became the leader of what i like to call the virus religion. If you want to praise someone praise the people making a difference in your area. The whole point of this thread was to mae hell thke people think why they are making a big deal out of this guy when he really has done nothing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look man, I respect the fact that you don't give a shit about the Pope. Do me a favor and respect those who do.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Look man, I respect the fact that you don't give a shit about the Pope. Do me a favor and respect those who do.
    Its not that i dont respect them its i dont see the point in worshiping an person and idolsing them when they really aint doin nothing special just making a few speeches. If we treated the people doin real work for the people in their area wouldnt that the world a better place?
    Okay a MAN died he may of touched a few lives but why cant we praise the people doin real work. The world doesnt need more religion forced on them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    Its not that i dont respect them its i dont see the point in worshiping an person and idolsing them when they really aint doin nothing special just making a few speeches. If we treated the people doin real work for the people in their area wouldnt that the world a better place?
    Okay a MAN died he may of touched a few lives but why cant we praise the people doin real work. The world doesnt need more religion forced on them.
    I respect how you feel, and I wouldn't attempt to change your view. Nor would you allow me to even if I wanted to. The same goes for those who respected the Pope and what he's done.
    They don't need you to tell them what to believe, or in this case what not to believe. And they won't let you change their views. So why not respect them and their right to those views and stop trying to change them?

Thanks
    EP Points

Point noted. I just hope it gets people thinking thats all. i dont care if i change a view i just want to make people think if you knwo what i mean.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    Point noted. I just hope it gets people thinking thats all. i dont care if i change a view i just want to make people think if you knwo what i mean.
    you try to make people think? why not do so yourself? joking.

RIP Pope.

Now someone else is gonna have to dicipline the cardinals when they get frisky with choir boys
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I wasnt expecting too much of this thread considering the stupid title... but thanks to Nightfall and Cyber at least I'm glad cos I could read some wise words... immaturity Night said, well I dont know... lack of perspicacity or discernment, intolerance, insensibility or simply and pure egoism I really dont know, I guess it can receive many names... oh well

Thanks

I'm glad that there are some people here that at least have some respect for the Pope. I was starting to think that most of the people here actually thought the Terri Schiavo YTMND.com links were funny considering how they viewed the "Prince of Peace".

Don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what has the pope done for you?
    He might not have done anything for you in particular, but he did do more than just read the Bible. The Pope was one of the greatest Cold Warriors that helped free Poland and the surrounding Soviet satellites. The Pope coordinated the clergymen and resources of the Church to help alleviate poverty in developing nations around the world. He fought for everyone's human rights especially the right to life and opposes all wars and violence.

the leader of what i like to call the virus religion
    Catholicism is the "virus religion"? I'm sure the Islamists would agree because they have a cure for those pesky Catholics: Al Qaeda.

If you want to praise someone praise the people making a difference in your area.
    Catholic priests make a difference to the poor in our area, and the Pope is their supreme leader(below God). It isn't unheard of to thank the leader of a massive operation. EXAMPLE: Instead of just thanking the troops, I'm sure there were some tsunami victims that thanked Pres. Bush for sending the military's logistical support and aid to them. If you don't like my Bush analogy, substitute "Bush" for "Truman" and apply it to the Berlin Airlift.

The world doesnt need more religion forced on them.
    That might be a problem to you, but it isn't the Pope's fault. He didn't force anyone to do anything.

"At the millennium, John Paul II expressed sorrow for the two historic crimes of Christianity�the use of coercion in defense of the truth and the tradition of contempt for the Jewish people. But this Pope did more than say he was sorry. He put in place new structures of belief and practice, affirming peace and advancing tolerance, changing the Roman Catholic Church forever."
    Last edited by Reagan1980; 3rd-April-2005 at 16:09.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan1980
    I'm glad that there are some people here that at least have some respect for the Pope. I was starting to think that most of the people here actually thought the Terri Schiavo YTMND.com links were funny considering how they viewed the "Prince of Peace".

He might not have done anything for you in particular, but he did do more than just read the Bible. The Pope was one of the greatest Cold Warriors that helped free Poland and the surrounding Soviet satellites. The Pope coordinated the clergymen and resources of the Church to help alleviate poverty in developing nations around the world. He fought for everyone's human rights especially the right to life and opposes all wars and violence.

Catholicism is the "virus religion"? I'm sure the Islamists would agree because they have a cure for those pesky Catholics: Al Qaeda.

Catholic priests make a difference to the poor in our area, and the Pope is their supreme leader(below God). It isn't unheard of to thank the leader of a massive operation. EXAMPLE: Instead of just thanking the troops, I'm sure there were some tsunami victims that thanked Pres. Bush for sending the military's logistical support and aid to them. If you don't like my Bush analogy, substitute "Bush" for "Truman" and apply it to the Berlin Airlift.

That might be a problem to you, but it isn't the Pope's fault. He didn't force anyone to do anything.

"At the millennium, John Paul II expressed sorrow for the two historic crimes of Christianity�the use of coercion in defense of the truth and the tradition of contempt for the Jewish people. But this Pope did more than say he was sorry. He put in place new structures of belief and practice, affirming peace and advancing tolerance, changing the Roman Catholic Church forever."
    Islamists is an incorrect term... it's Muslim. And Al Qaeda is not Islam's response to other religions, it's a bunch of extremist twats that decided to interpret their holy writings as something violent. The Koran never states that Muslims take any actions against nonbelievers, nor does the text condemn any non-believers(a la Roman Catholic...). So stop linking Muslims to terrorists, they're religious folk just like yourself.

I also don't see how anybody has advanced religious tolerance within the Roman Catholic church, all the Catholics I know are fundamentalists that wish all non-Christians a painful afterlife in hell... either that or they go door-by-door trying to force their ideals on everybody. Hence why I find missionaries' actions gruesomely disrespectful towards non-Christians, same applies to missionaries from any other religion.

Edit: How many times have you been banned, reagan?
    Last edited by Soeru; 3rd-April-2005 at 16:33.