Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the hell do ppl forget to turn off their signal lights!?

Thanks

Default How the hell do ppl forget to turn off their signal lights!?

How!? I see this all the time. A car going down the street for miles with the signal lights on but never changing lanes...sometimes I slow down to let them in but it turns out they just forgot to turn off their signal lights. Do they not look down when they drive? Don't they not check their speed periodically? There's a flashing arrow for crying out loud...there's even an annoying click til you turn it off...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper
    there's even an annoying click til you turn it off...
    Maybe their's is broken.

I haven't seen any people ike this on the road, should be pretty annoying though.

Thanks

I've seen people do this on a few occasions...It's incredibly annoying, probably on the same level as people who never signal...

Thanks

People who do that are usually slow as drivers as it is and you never know when they actually will take the damn turn. It sucks being behind them. I remember some assholes were doing this. I was in the car behind them. As we tried to pass them, they immediately tried to turn into a parking lot. They crashed into some car that was coming out. We laughed as we went down the road.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, I see someone else here has the same pet peeve as me...I hate stupid drivers. Especially the ones who don't know how to use a turn signal. People jump in front of me all the time without signaling, and it makes me wanna pull an O.J. Simpson on their ass. I love to drive, and speed Don't get me wrong, I am safe about it all, I'm not a wreckless driver. But I always make sure to signal before changing lanes or turning. One thing I cannot figure out is why so many women drive SUVs. Hopefully none of the female members will take offense to this, and if the following remark does not resemble you please don't get upset, but I have noticed that like 90% of women drivers just don't really know how to drive. They can be really slow, not use a signal, or they wait forever in the middle of an intersection to turn even when no cars are coming, leaving me stuck at a red light when I could have turned. It's funny but one time even my girlfriend said women drivers suck, man I wish I had a tape recorder for that

Thanks

You know what's freakin' annoying? When you'r trying to make a left turn but the bastard in front of you won't inch up a little even though they have all this space in front of them so you can make it into the left turn lane...now you're stuck there looking at the green arrow...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Ah, I see someone else here has the same pet peeve as me...I hate stupid drivers. Especially the ones who don't know how to use a turn signal. People jump in front of me all the time without signaling, and it makes me wanna pull an O.J. Simpson on their ass. I love to drive, and speed Don't get me wrong, I am safe about it all, I'm not a wreckless driver. But I always make sure to signal before changing lanes or turning. One thing I cannot figure out is why so many women drive SUVs. Hopefully none of the female members will take offense to this, and if the following remark does not resemble you please don't get upset, but I have noticed that like 90% of women drivers just don't really know how to drive. They can be really slow, not use a signal, or they wait forever in the middle of an intersection to turn even when no cars are coming, leaving me stuck at a red light when I could have turned. It's funny but one time even my girlfriend said women drivers suck, man I wish I had a tape recorder for that
    Every female that I have ever seen driving an SUV is usually 1/8 the size of the seat she is sitting in. I don't get it. Why do women do that? Are they under the impression that the bigger the vehicle, the more secure it is?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Mckay
    Every female that I have ever seen driving an SUV is usually 1/8 the size of the seat she is sitting in. I don't get it. Why do women do that? Are they under the impression that the bigger the vehicle, the more secure it is?
    I think you may be on to something as I have often wondered the same thing. It may make them feel more secure, but what about the rest of us

Thanks

Luckily I haven't seen any that use their signal light too much. But I have seen to many people using them too little. Like someone drove behind me. I noticed he didn't use his signal lights at all. Not when he turned, not when he speeded past me (the hell, I was driving over-speed also and he still drove past me!). Just then I wanted to mark up the number of the car and call police... but didn't do that :\
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Heh, I think you should go easy on them, if they're like in my case. I have conditions where my mind sometimes goes ahead with too much stuff, and it's hard to keep up with yourself without going crazy. So to put it in different terms, I have to use a lot of mental resources to block certain processes while still doing any given task at hand. I just forget and blank out about stuff that is peripheral. I've even forgotten to turn my lights on during dusk at times, not a lot though but it's happened and were definitely a "doh" moments. And those little turn signal levers, they sometimes fail and don't retract automatically after swiveling the wheel back again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creature
    I've even forgotten to turn my lights on during dusk at times, not a lot though but it's happened and were definitely a "doh" moments. And those little turn signal levers, they sometimes fail and don't retract automatically after swiveling the wheel back again.
    That first quoted sentence just made my day

I have had opposite type of a problem: the signal lever goes back to original position even when it still should be active. I have to put it back on and I feel like dump for some people might think me stupid because I stopped the signal for a moment. But afterwards I find that amusing
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

These are those people that you just want to push a button and shoot some rockets out of your car at them. I say, when you get to about 80yrs old, you are not allowed to drive.

Thanks

I say, when you get to about 80yrs old, you are not allowed to drive.
    Agreed.

I don't drive, but even I get annoyed when people drive too slow or forget to turn their signal light off.
    And when they completely STOP just to turn.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
    How!? I see this all the time. A car going down the street for miles with the signal lights on but never changing lanes...sometimes I slow down to let them in but it turns out they just forgot to turn off their signal lights. Do they not look down when they drive? Don't they not check their speed periodically? There's a flashing arrow for crying out loud...there's even an annoying click til you turn it off...
    In India, people just honk their arses off if someone 'misbehaves' on the road. This must be so damn annoying, can imagine. But you know what's a tad worse...someone giving the wrong signal, that has happened so often with me, I mean it can't be too hard to differentiate b/w your left and right side, or maybe their arse is so big, there's practically no difference b/w the two so they can't tell b/w left and right.
    I realize the absolute irrelevance of the above statement. Please forgive, am exhausted.

Thanks

If you do see them on and they do not turn, they're music is up to loud. Stay clear of them they are most likey not paying attention to the road.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER