View Poll Results: Do you think this feature would work well?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 42.86%
  • maybe

4 57.14%
  • no

0 0%

Thread: A new feature that might be cool but I want other peoples opinion

Thanks

Default A new feature that might be cool but I want other peoples opinion

I have an ideal for a new feature that seems pretty cool, I think it may work well. Here goes....
    Have a feature where on the bittorrent tracker there is a request reseed. Where game torrents already uploaded have a little thing beside them to click on to request a reseed, which will accumulate in number but reset every day or possibly better, would go down a point as the completed number(done) point goes up.

That may be a good ideal and work better for letting someone know that something needs to be seeded, because most people, including myself, will not try to leech a seedless torrent first to show someone they want that game. However, they will click on the request button right by the torrent and be checking back to see if anyone has seeded yet. If a request number is really high people would probably seed and you could maybe have a top 10 and/or top recent seed requests on the bittorrent page.

I think it is a decent ideal, but I want to see what the majority thinks. If the majority thinks this ideal would work then I will send MasJ a message and see if he thinks that the new feature would be worth his time to implement into his website.
    To appreciate heaven well, you must first experience hell.

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

Thanks

Maybe the top requested reseeds could be shown automatically on forum's main page to registered users?

Well, doing that needs (some) tweaking in the forums' code and on the tracker too.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

I don't know that much about programming so I don't know how hard that would be. Thats what I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile enough to do the programming. I'm wondering if whomever would do the programming in those areas of the site would think so.

What you just said sounds like a good ideal also, maybe a better one, since there is probably a ton more people visiting the forums than the bittorrent tracker. So when you click on the request reseed button next to the game torrent it would show up in the forum. Yeah sounds pretty cool.

I'm not afraid to get shot in the head and die, I'm afraid to get shot in the head and live.

Thanks

I don't know about the torrent tracker program, but if the source is open to modifications and I knew some details about the server, I *could try* making that. But I don't promise anything.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

its an ok idea, but integrating it into the boards would be not too great an idea, maybe like a torrent reseed section on the mainpage or something but modifying the forum code could potentially screw something up and I would dislike that much.

if it is part of the main site then its ok but part of the forum would be slightly risky potentially wouldn't it? unless there is a good working VB hack already in existance.

so I vote: maybe.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think that you need to intergrate it in to the messageboard... but adding that kind of thing to the tracker is a good idea.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 27th-March-2005 at 02:14.

Thanks

Sounds like a good idea. The page showing the reseed request statistics shouldn't be part of the messageboard however.

Thanks

Yeah your right, there is already a request reseeds on the messageboard and it would make more sense to have the statistics on the bittorrent tracker.

Thanks

It sounded like a much better ideal when I was really sleepy. Having statistics on seed requests would be ok but I'm satisfied with the way this site is so I'm not going to bother masj with it. Nobody would need a reseed if they would check the bittorrent section every 1-3 days. I just needed some reseeds because it has been months since I have really been here. It would be kind of cool but this site is just fine the way it is, for me anyways since I probably won't ever need a reseed again.