Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ps2 controller wont lemme use joystick or rumble on epsxe

Thanks

Default ps2 controller wont lemme use joystick or rumble on epsxe

im using a PS-USB converter on epsxe 1.6.0, but for some reason, neither the analog nor the rumble work. i tried every setting, but it didn't work. anyone wanna help me. btw, its a standard controller that comes with the ps2-model number SCPH-10010

Thanks

I think it's the pad plugin you are using, you have to be sure your plugin supports rumble and analog.

I have a pc controller I use that is similar to a ps2 controller and it has analog n rumble but it doesn't work in epsxe cuz I don't have the proper plugins...
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

wanna gimme an idea where to get one

Thanks

hmmm.... alot of the sites with a buncha plugins have gone offline, but try this place http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php...ins-tools.html they have a couple diff plugins, I don't know which (if any) of them support the features you are wanting though.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The default plugin has rumble support and you can't change plugins anyway without using something like ePSXeCutor

You still need to configure it to use rumble though, through Config - Game Pad - Pad 1 - then look at the right hand side of the config screen for the Rumble config settings

P.S. FF8 and Metal Gear Solid the rumble just doesn't work (There are no known fixes for that either)

F5 in game turns Analog on and off also remember to make sure you have configured your Pad to use this aswell beforehand

Have you tested the dual shock of the PS-USB his in the windows Gaming Options found in the Control Pannel to check if it 1 has Dual Shock supported and 2 to see/feel it working (Some ofthe PS-USB converters didn't have Dual Shock supported but they usually worded the description of it as supporting Dual Shock pads, even though it didn't support the feature all they ment was is that it works with all the PSX pads including those that use dual shock even though the feature isn't usable)

If you are planning on trying a few other pad plugins get yourself ePSXeCutor or a diff emu like PSXeven (Just as good as ePSXe from what I have used of it) PSXeven will let you use any Pad plugin (Harakiri's Pad Plugin has the most Dual Shock types available)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-March-2005 at 09:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

wow, that was an earful, but actually i am playing metal gear solid. and i forgot about f5, thx a lot. it works now

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just a bit wasn't it

Glad you got it working anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Damn, where did you get your PS-USB thingy? I was looking around for one the other day but couldn't fine one.... Oh well, if I never find it there is always eBay right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKz
    Damn, where did you get your PS-USB thingy? I was looking around for one the other day but couldn't fine one.... Oh well, if I never find it there is always eBay right?
    yeah ebay or just make ur own. Its fun and easy i made one myself but winxp couldnt get it to work though. I think it was more of a problem with winxp though.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It was an XP problem if I remember rightly but I still say given half the chance I could of had that working for you, mine worked in XP fine

Shame mine died on me though, it even had PSX multitap support aswell :/
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-March-2005 at 03:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKz
    I bought mine from www.lik-sang.com very nice place. Nice and fast processing and good products.

Thanks

Oh crazy.... you guys even made your own right?

haha... yeah I'll probably eBay it..
    Lik sang is a cool looking place maybe one day I'll get stuff from there, I need a credit card and stuff like that first

Thanks

Radioshack sells the USB-PS2 adapters too.

Alusnova

Thanks

Question A bit unrelated, but...

Anyone tryed a PS1 controller? i have one (i think it's DualShock, but not sure) connected to my PC via DirectPad Pro. Rumble works fine, but i never managed to make both sticks work as analog, it's either only the left one, or only the right one. Never tried on a real console ;( Is it because of the controller, the driver, or "by design" only one of the sticks can work as analog ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I had PS1 and PS2 pads supported aswell as Dual Shock both Analog sticks and PS1 Multitap Support on mine though I didn't use DirectPad Pro, I used a different wire layout and different drivers.

I have no idea what problem it is that you could be having but I would presume it's the wires rather than the pad or the drivers
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-March-2005 at 11:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]