Thread: Bands with lyics you can't understand...

Thanks

Default Bands with lyics you can't understand...

Do you listen to any bands with lyrics in a language that you completely don't understand? If so, do you still bother to learn the lyrics and their meaning? I know this has been done before, but I'm bored so fuck me.

I listen to some bands with Finnish lyrics: Mokoma, Moonsorrow, Children of Boredom.

Swedish: Finntroll, Therion(some songs in Swe, some in Babylonian or some other shit?).

Polish: Vader have some songs in Polish.

Norwegian: Darkthrone, old Dimmu Borgir, Storm, Borknagar, Vintersorg.

German: Rammstein(how surprising), Nargaroth(krieg, bitches!), Sodom, Destruction, Kreator(some songs are in Ger).

Japanese: Asian Kung-Fu Generation... (all the Jap metal bands I know have English lyrics...), bunch of pop songs from anime I don't listen to anymore...

Those are all I can think of. I do memorize/read most of the lyrics(mostly phonetically, as I can't be bothered to learn how to pronounce all those symbols in Swe/Nor/Fin, but I think I can pronounce most words correctly now), but I don't always bother to look for their meaning. I know a hefty amount of Rammstein, Storm, AKFG, Finntroll, and Vingersorg lyrics... but I don't know the meaning to all of the lyrics, just some Finntroll, Vintersorg, and Ramm.

Edit: I think this would also be a good place where to request translations from people that do speak such languages. I wouldn't mind translating any lyrics in Spanish, I can also give an accurate translation from French unless it's something deeply philosophical.
    Last edited by Soeru; 27th-March-2005 at 20:34.

Thanks

This reminds me of that Finnish language thread where Howie asked translation for various Finnish language songs

Of all the bands I normally listen to, almost all of them sing in language I understand, mostly English.
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Back in like, 99/00, I was a huge Rammstein fan. But now not so much. COnsidering the plethora of albums in my collection there's probably some that have slipped my mind...