Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you live life?

Thanks

What can I do if I'm dead?

What can I do if I'm alive?

There must be some difference...
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

Why not live? Life came to me... and I came to life. So I might as well enjoy it and do whatever the hell I want while it lasts. I live for myself, even though I don't have any ultimate goal, maybe I live because I want to find a goal. Yes, that must be it.

Thanks

As far as anyone can be certain, it is the only thing happening. When you think of life and death and that death is the end (theres no more) you find yourself short of breath. Life seems to become third person instead of first person as they should. Possibly that is why I go on living. Nothing bad is happening. Life could be the only thing, ever. But on the other hand, it could be level one of an entire bigger picture. Or it could be level 6 for all I know. Thinking like this really makes you wonder. But heres a tip to anyone that is considering suicide: As soon as you wake up in the morning, think to yourself, "It's going to be a good day " And most likely it will be. Whenever something bad happens, "look at the glass half full instead of half empty" I know I am starting to sound like a hippy but it really makes me feel good and I live my life like this. Nothing really gets me down either. Be an optimist. It's one of the best things you'll do.

Thanks

I live life because life is a gift, and it wouldn't be very nice of me to return it.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

Has anybody made the obligatory post concerning the philosophy of life according to Tyler Durden?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I live to form a good remembrance of my stay in this world

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    But heres a tip to anyone that is considering suicide: As soon as you wake up in the morning, think to yourself, "It's going to be a good day " And most likely it will be. Whenever something bad happens, "look at the glass half full instead of half empty" I know I am starting to sound like a hippy but it really makes me feel good and I live my life like this. Nothing really gets me down either. Be an optimist. It's one of the best things you'll do.
    From an IRC quotes collection of a place I frequent:

why think positively when stuff is just gonna suck anyway?
    [11:12pm] <ToastyX> I'm sorry to say but I think services is hopeless
    [11:12pm] <ToastyX> just my opinion
    [11:12pm] <ToastyX> it's got too many problems
    [11:13pm] <Don> glad to see you dont let optimism burden you
    There's a certain point in there.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    But heres a tip to anyone that is considering suicide: As soon as you wake up in the morning, think to yourself, "It's going to be a good day " And most likely it will be. Whenever something bad happens, "look at the glass half full instead of half empty" I know I am starting to sound like a hippy but it really makes me feel good and I live my life like this. Nothing really gets me down either. Be an optimist. It's one of the best things you'll do.
    From an IRC quotes collection of a place I frequent:

why think positively when stuff is just gonna suck anyway?
    [11:12pm] ToastyX> I'm sorry to say but I think services is hopeless
    [11:12pm] ToastyX> just my opinion
    [11:12pm] ToastyX> it's got too many problems
    [11:13pm] Don> glad to see you dont let optimism burden you
    There's a certain point in there.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Hmm, an interesting question I s'pose. I guess I would ask why would I kill myself? Life is indeed a gift, and it would be shameful and selfish to throw it away.

I live for myself, for my family and friends, and just random people I meet. I live for when I can be that person who gives another hope knowing they aren't alone in this fucked up place. All I can do is my best and make the most of every moment.

However Dingy, just opening that topic and not stating your own opinions is rather cruel.

Thanks

Life is given, so live on and experience it. There is so much things in life that cannot be told by any means of writing or from people to people. Purpose is a kinda self-finding journey. It doesn't drop from the sky or out of no where. Its a discovery for someone who wans to find it. As for me, i still wanna chase my dream, to be a game maker or a game artist or even a game producer, something that is related to games which is i adore since the first day i hands on the 8 bit nintendo controller. Life maybe hard, but if everything is so smooth sailing, it may be that fella is born with a silver spoon or he is damn lucky.But IMO hardship will bring out a man in him, whether he will fall or raise, its the path he has to make. Just think life is a RPG, its alot of unforseen shit and stuff is ahead, but when it is beaten, the reward will come to you. Dun worry be happy

"Heihachi Mishima is dead.......or is he isn't....?"

Thanks

anyone ever seen it's a wonderful life?

just imagine how different things would be if you had never been born. gets you thinking.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

My life is rather empty and meaningless, and after 6 years of suicidal thoughts I can laugh at the idea of killing myself, or anyone doing the same.

Your life may not be as good as other people's, but you already have it much better off than A LOT of people, so be thankful for that.

Plus, alcohol and video games, what else do you need to enjoy your stay here on this t-shirt producing planet?

A question like this reminds me of "American Beauty"... damn, that was a great movie.

Thanks

I've stayed up very late many nights, pondering this very question. Do I have a purpose in life? It actually makes me quite sad to say that I cannot think of one, other than to influence other peoples lives. I dont feel as if I've made any lasting impression.. Then again, I'm a rather young musician and I also love computer software programming.. We'll see where that takes me.

Thanks
    EP Points

When my dad died i used to stay up and think what do i give to the world then i used to get 20 msgs a day asking how i was and shit like that peopel making sure i knew that i ment something plus i go told by a very special girl that if i died she would kill herself we were drunk but i could tell she ment it.
    But im loving life right now.

Thanks

Dingy is my reason for life
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER