Thread: Good Manga site? or cheap store???

Thanks

Default Good Manga site? or cheap store???

I recently started reading manga from a new store in my town and was wondering if anyone knows a good site or 2 to get manga scans, or if there's somewhere I can buy manga very cheap ( I had to pay $15 for a trigun manga that took 3 hrs tops to read). THANKS
    Last edited by Themikemachine; 19th-February-2005 at 02:48. Reason: didnt work
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Themikemachine
    I recently started reading manga from a new store in my town and was wondering if anyone knows a good site or 2 to get manga scans, or if there's somewhere I can buy manga very cheap ( I had to pay $15 for a trigun manga that took 3 hrs tops to read). THANKS

Try discountdanimedvd.com ... they seem to have good prices for both their DVD's and Manga.

Thanks
    EP Points

$15 for 3 hours of entertainment with good re-read value?
    Isnt that about the same as or better than say, DVDs?

Is that for the entire of trigun? if so I know I'd pay that for sure.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Somebody liked the Trigun manga? I'm suprised, it sucked bad IMO

It's hard to find sites with manga nowadays, generally you need to visit groups IRC channels to get stuff. So if you don't mind IRC just look for what you want on http://www.manganews.net/

Myself, I kinda dislike IRC and collecting single chapters, so I get most everything from Anime Reactor with eMule. It's not as slow as you'd expect from eMule cause the community there is great. It's the best way to go IMO, if you wanna give it a try I'll PM you their url.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

I buy my manga direct from Japan from a friend of mine, costs about $3 (canadian!) per volume..
    For english translated manga I don't know..they all cost around $25 around here.

I do manga scanlations on the side at http://www.aikouka.com/cidsa/

Check out Manga Jouhou for information on many series, including the groups scanlating them. http://www.manganews.net/

Most of the sites distribute over IRC, a good channel to start at is #mangareaders on www.irchighway.net
    This is Inane's channel, however due to the large amount of people, you'll probably find anything you want with the @find command.
    I translate for Inane as well..Our releases are things like Spiral, Whistle, Naruto, Etc

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cidsa
    I do manga scanlations on the side at http://www.aikouka.com/cidsa/
    Hmm, where would one be able to find the adult doujinshi listed on your site I don't have English versions of most of those...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Hey I went to animereactor but they seem to be remodeling or something cuz it says: coming soon. Or maybe I was using the wrong url? If so pm me asap.
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks

www.directmanga.com is a good site for manga scans. They have a lot of stuff I've never heard of. Check them out, that's where I first got my Bleach manga scans.

Thanks

i suggest Manga Crystal Nova

A great place for non licensed scanlations.

Thanks

Mangascreener is a pretty good group/site