Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL Megaman Gamers Unite!

Thanks

Thank you, Dr. Obvious...

They actually called Blues "Bruce" once... I think it was MM3...? Heh...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    But when Megaman was to be released in USA they had to change the name of Rockman to Megaman because Rockman didn't sound cool
    I don't think that's quite it, which would mean that everthing said after that point in your post wasn't the truth. Unless you can find a definitive source that states otherwise, in which case I'll have to pretend that I never said anything here. Something you should look into doing.

Thanks

Well I'm collecting MegaMan Battle Network games and I couldn't understand why capcom didn't translate their special edition of MMBN3
    MegaMan Battle Network 3 Black into english (it's only in japanese and I don't know japanese ).
    As for the logo I agree with Crusher their Japanese logo is much better than European.
    And for the name I'd like Megaman better than Rockman

Thanks

i can see how they would mess up the PS2 stuff, but the GBA games boggle the mind. after all, GBA is neither NTSC nor PAL. it's unique just like a PC video signal or something...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    I don't think that's quite it, which would mean that everthing said after that point in your post wasn't the truth. Unless you can find a definitive source that states otherwise, in which case I'll have to pretend that I never said anything here. Something you should look into doing.
    I think he's right, though... I mean, it's either that, or they were forced to change the name because the rights for it were already taken in America, which I think is rather unlikely...

The name "Rockman" does sound kind silly... It's one of those japanese quirks and name play... "Rock" turns into "Rockman"...? It does seem like they decided to change the character's name because it sounded cooler that way... Same goes for Protoman... "Blues" isn't very awe-inspiring, eh...?

All the musical references are quite obvious... BTW, crushy-poo, Trebble = Gospel in Japan...

This is pure speculation, though... Remember, I'm usually full of it and think I know it all...

http://july.fixedreference.org/en/20...pedia/Mega_Man

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Castlevania
    I think he's right, though... I mean, it's either that, or they were forced to change the name because the rights for it were already taken in America, which I think is rather unlikely...

The name "Rockman" does sound kind silly... It's one of those japanese quirks and name play... "Rock" turns into "Rockman"...? It does seem like they decided to change the character's name because it sounded cooler that way... Same goes for Protoman... "Blues" isn't very awe-inspiring, eh...?

All the musical references are quite obvious... BTW, crushy-poo, Trebble = Gospel in Japan...

This is pure speculation, though... Remember, I'm usually full of it and think I know it all...

http://july.fixedreference.org/en/20...pedia/Mega_Man
    Yeah, you are full of it. I mean, they could've changed it to make it appeal more to Americans, rather then because it didn't sound cool. There is a difference there.

It's not that Americans wouldn't find the name Rockman cool. Hell, we've gotten shitloads of retardedly named games leading up to that. It's just that maybe Megaman sounded more "American", which is why they went with that. Eh, who knows? That's why I asked Crushy-baby to give us some sort of official proof to that, y'know? It just sounds stupid that in that era of gaming, they'd change a characters name cause it didn't sound cool. Kid Icarus isn't a very cool name, and we still got that one, did we not?

Thanks

LOL! You're talking about Nintendo there, there's a huge difference!

And yeah, I think you're on to something... Indeed it appeals more to the American ear, but if you think about it... Well... Americans like cool, flashy names on their super heroes...

So yeah, a little bit of both... Tehcnicality's the name of the game...

Let's just point and laugh at crusher for getting those ugly localized versions...

Thanks

yeah they slaughtered the boxart

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I've searched every corner of the net but I can't find the interview... I was almost sure it was over at GameSpy or The Megaman Network but I can't find it... :\ So sorry Cyber but you have to take my word on it. Perhaps something is said in the interview you can unlock in MMAC for GCN? Anyone seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Castlevania
    BTW, crushy-poo, Trebble = Gospel in Japan...
    You don't say... :eyeball:

Thanks

You should flood Capcom Europe's Email account with complains about and get others to do the same. You can also complain at the fact that it is misleading(Zero only has one saber).

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey you are right. I never really thought about the saber thingy. But he certainly only has one. Sucky Capcom EU.

Thanks

That's a great idea! Flood their mail inbox (digital et physical) with tons and tons of complaint letters (keep away from the cursing, you're trying to make a point here...), and get the people who sign the petition (chuckle) to do the same... Beats the crap out of a stupid petition, wouldn't you agree...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Why yes of course I would... But I don't think I'm up for the job. Too lazy etc.

Thanks

Why TF are you complaining, then...?

Jeezbeez, you make me so mad sometimes...

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm riding on the wave, as they say.