Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lokitorrent is gone.

toadlord Guest

Do we even know for sure the MPAA got any logs off of him, or if so, how extensive they were or how far back they went? All I've seen is "by court order he must supply access to any logs... etc". That doesn't necessarily mean there *were* logs... Maybe there were no logs, or only sketchy ones, & the MPAA's just tring to be scary...?

Thanks

'It is estimated that the film industry lost approximately $3.5 billion to movie piracy in 2004'

OK, & if those fuckers gave up their cocaine habits then that should even the books up a little
    Last edited by subversion; 12th-February-2005 at 00:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    You can share legal things with BT too.
    Are you talking about "The PBay" Deach?
    That's why I didn't know if it was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by toadlord
    Do we even know for sure the MPAA got any logs off of him, or if so, how extensive they were or how far back they went? All I've seen is "by court order he must supply access to any logs... etc". That doesn't necessarily mean there *were* logs... Maybe there were no logs, or only sketchy ones, & the MPAA's just tring to be scary...?
    I think the logs only had like details of what was uploaded and downloaded. Without IPs and stuff. Logs probably wouldn't be enough evidence to prove anything anyway. Anyone can make up logs.
    Last edited by Deach; 11th-February-2005 at 20:46.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CCDART
    Well, they said we were engaging in illegal activity, but it didn't say we had to remove them here persay, only that Lokitorrent wouldn't be a place for people to find them anymore. And that they'll most likely be looking at EP's BT Tracker. :/
    True but masJ took my N64 torrents down, the one with the content they were writing about. The Torrent on LokiTorrent did point to our tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer
    EDIT: Does this mean they will be tracking us here at Emuparadise now?! I mean, this must be the largest emulation site left. Ever since Cult of Kefka went down, now lokitorrent, all that's left to conquer is this site! Could they track the members here?! Are we at risk? Should we be cautious when using the Bittorren tracker? Is Dingy REALLY MasJ's girlfriend???
    They have been tracking us at Emuparadise for a while now, notice the FF/Pacman Torrent ban (not the first complaint EP has gotten).

They could track the members here, though i don't think they are allowed to infiltrate mesageboards.

You don't need to worry so much though, ESA goes after the distributors, not the downloaders, so if anything the tracker would get complaints to take some torrents down, and thus ban other games from the tracker. Also unlike RIAA and MPAA, the ESA will ask you to take the content down before they decide to sue you. They don't like to go to court

toadlord Guest

Can the MPAA go after you for downloading TV shows?

How risky is that to do, compared to dl'ing movies?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by toadlord
    Can the MPAA go after you for downloading TV shows?

How risky is that to do, compared to dl'ing movies?

The MPAA has nothing to do with TV shows. It's the Motion Picture Association of America. TV shows should not be as risky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    The MPAA has nothing to do with TV shows. It's the Motion Picture Association of America. TV shows should not be as risky.
    i wouldn't say that gundamnguy the tv industry has been stepping up to stop this although they don't have as strong as a case as movies do. Because Tv's shows are mostly shown for free. On another note. an article on www.torrent-news.com suggest that if you downloaded something from lokitorrent and i mean anything you should delete it and scan for spyware because they seeded some stuff with spyware. oh yea you should also delete any cookies, torrent files, anything related to do with lokitorrent on your computer.

Thanks

only if you're in the US and even then i wouldn't do it

Thanks
    EP Points

Canada could be at risk in this situation though. Damn, I hate to have US under us.
    Since Canada also started the fighting to piracy....

Thanks

lol canada is america jr. so all you brothers up in canada this is my personal warning to be careful out there in the downloading world...and i have a question if the MPAA has the logs which may or may not have information how do you think they'll contact us? However an admin on the lokitorrent site said that uploaders are what's in the logs that's damaging however if you had personal info (like name, addy, location etc. like i did dumb mistake on my part). he said that you should worry. so yea do you think they'll email me or mail me something?
    Last edited by TheStuntman; 12th-February-2005 at 09:09.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    You can share legal things with BT too.
    Are you talking about "The PBay" Deach?
    Yeah, but every BT user knew the sharing of legal things were like -5% of all torrents.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

Another reason why torrents suck. Piss slow downloads, and now the pigs are onto them

Thanks

Slow downloads? I've gotten almost a meg a sec on BT before so I think you'd better rephrase that..
    Oh, you probably capped your upload to -5k/s.
    And one more thing, well you're here refrain from saying the word pig again, I know police officers and I don't like that very much.
    Go ahead and read the Forum Rules as well.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCDART
    Slow downloads? I've gotten almost a meg a sec on BT before so I think you'd better rephrase that..
    Oh, you probably capped your upload to -5k/s.
    And one more thing, well you're here refrain from saying the word pig again, I know police officers and I don't like that very much.
    Go ahead and read the Forum Rules as well.
    Hahaha. Nobody except 40 year olds say the word pig in a serious fashion. It's quite uncool.

I'm on 1.5mbit and the fastest I've ever gotten on BT is 30kb/s.

I've tried like 10 programs too.

Thanks

First suprnova, and now Lokitorrent... when will the horror end!? I can't even think of any other torrent websites that even compare to them in PC Software/ Televised goods... it's a crying shame.
    Oh, from Pong Ping? Let's see what it says.