Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games u love to hate

Thanks

Default Games u love to hate

Which games do you love to hate, that is, which games are so terrible that they are a joy to play for the sheer hilarity of them. My pics would have to be "Knights of the Round" and "Dynamite Cop".

Thanks

I liked KOTR, it's awesome when playing with your mates... I used to play it in callus , Shadow of the Beast is probably the most frustrating game I've ever played... it looks great, and it's addictiveness comes simply due to the fact that it's almost impossible to finish without cheating

Thanks

Um...playing because fun becaue the game is just THAT boring....?

That makes very little sense to me.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

Oh... my... God...

Aydin Chronicles... Anyone else went near that piece o' shit...?

Man, I only kept going because I wanted to know what happened next (although the story was actually teh horrible)... It's just so bad, it's good...

But wait... What's the actual purpose of this thread...?

Games we LOVE to HATE...? Or is it games we LOVE even though they're overall BAD...? Thein title ist misleading, yah...?

Thanks
    EP Points

I game that ranks highly in smeginess I think is The perfect assassin for PSX

I'm glad I only rented that game out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dynamite Cop. Sucks big time arse.

Thanks

Pokemon colleseum.

I thought it would be great game. Turned out as dumb game in my opinion, I liked the music of the game though.

Thanks

Ah, Clock Tower: Ghost Head, anyone...?

I just remembered I strangely enjoyed that game, despite it being... Stupid...

The zombie-horde scene was one of my favorites!! Heeee!!! ^.^;;;

Thanks

Final Fight!!!

Awesome graphics...nice sound, but repetitive...easy when you get used to...it gets boring in a while...but I love it!

Thanks

all the pokemon games... they were stupid as hell but for some odd reason I enjoyed them.

when I refer to ALL the pokeomn games I mean red n blue, and the ones on the n64.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I just love to hate those so-called RPGs from Bioware, like Baldur's Gate and KOTOR. I think they're highly overrated just because there was practiccally no alternative for people to play. I mean it's not very RPG-ish when you have the basic choices of saving them all/slaughtering everyone/doing things only if there's money in it for you.
    Also, if you take the "evil" path, you'll surely have troubles gaining levels, as you are unable to complete certain quests because of your alignment.
    And I think many people would say that it has t o be an awful good RPG with that much dialog in it, half of which you probably shouldn't even read, it's so pointless. It's still only a "solve the riddles, kill the monsters, level up, then repeat" kind of game in my eyes.

Thankfully we have Fallout and Planescape: Torment. They're the only RPGs I've ever played on PC. I HAVE played Baldur's Gate, it's just that I mean RPG as in "role playing game", not hack and slash.

Thanks

i know i'll get flamed for this, but.....final fantasy. i mean i played 7 (or was it 8) it was good. but there's just too damn many of them. i like to see good games get sequels but this is rediculous

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psfan18
    i know i'll get flamed for this, but.....final fantasy. i mean i played 7 (or was it 8) it was good. but there's just too damn many of them. i like to see good games get sequels but this is rediculous
    in all technicality there is only one true sequel in the whole series, the only thing any of them have in common really is traits that they seem to share, which isn't neccesarily bad as most of these common factors are stuff like good story intresting characters etc.
    So I make games now sort of. Check the out the one I have in the IGF this year, its totally free: www.mackvswindows.com

Also add me on things.
    twitter: solidusjoe
    Game networks on my profile.

Thanks

Shitty games that I would have finished if I was interrupted physically:
    Unlimited Saga - This game was shit. Seriously. Yet, when I start a game, I won't just get bored and turn it off on my own will.
    Galerians: Ash - Shittier than Unlimited Saga for the simple fact that damn intro is about 30 long and you do the same scene over and over about six times before the game actually starts.
    Final Fantasy X-2 - This game completely ruined an already mediocre effort. FFX was a pretty decent Final Fantasy game with all of it's little changes and aditions, but this "sequel" was just utter shit.
    Druaga - My friend got this game because he thought it would be a pretty decent playthrough. Guess what? This game fucked it up with me by itself. I probably would have still been playing it if it wasn't for the fact that once you save, you have no choice but to turn off or restart the console.
    .hack/ - Boring. So damn boring that I actually pick it up from time to time with the full intention of finishing it simply to finish it. I never make it more than two hours past the part when you ask about Orca getting put into a coma.

Those are my games. This list is close to being, if not already, the epitome of shit games.

Thanks

heh, what are you talking about? Final Fight invented the big-sprited beat-em-up.

And I'd have to say, Thrill Kill for PSX. I can really make fun of myself now for thinking that game was awesome back then.