Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft won't unveil new Xbox in March

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No worries man. It's just that, if Microsoft lets Sony beat them to market again, they're going to be in the exact same situation they're in now. They'll be playing second fiddle once more. It might seem like a drastic measure, but sometimes being first to market can make a big difference, so it's sorta smart for them to get their machine out before the competition.

Mikey_ Guest

very true. i know xbox has more graphically power than the ps2. i woulda loved to have seen some FF and RE games on it. hopefully i will on the xbox2 (but good versions). btw, i thought xbox was 3rd fiddle right behind 2nd fiddling gamecube

Thanks

The XBox2 will get some Final Fantasy type games. I don't know if you read it, but the...uh...let's just call him the "head hancho" of the Final Fantasy series left Squenix and started his own company, Mist Walker. So far, two Mist Walker games have been made exclusive for Xbox 2. Microsoft is hoping to bring in some big money with these titles, but no one has ever seen games by this new studio, so they're (the studio) still a wild card.

Mikey_ Guest

should be interesting where all of that goes. i had no idea the head the final fantasy games left i wonder if this'll mean the end of classic FF games. if it did i wouldn't be mad or sad. they've had a long run.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by m79
    should be interesting where all of that goes. i had no idea the head the final fantasy games left i wonder if this'll mean the end of classic FF games. if it did i wouldn't be mad or sad. they've had a long run.
    Classic FF games died along time ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    True. FF VII = Death of classic FF games. (excluding FF IX.)

We'll have to see how good Mist Walker games are though. The founder of the company was the one who thought of FF: The Spirits Within and we all know what happened to Square after that.

Thanks

true true veri true. Last time a FF game is done less than 20 guys in the project and it rocks. But when it comes to PSX and the PS2, 300 pple are involved, mostly all involved in the graphic side and onli a small amount are on the gameplay department and see wat it has resulted.....

"Heihachi Mishima is dead.......or is he isn't....?"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh, it's all a matter of opinion. While I don't think the newer, post SNES FF's have quite the same feel, the same heart if you will, I don't think they're bad. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks

haha~ yah its just individual opinions. Oh well, we just have to see how things gonna evolve from now on.

"Heihachi Mishima is dead.......or is he isn't....?"

Mikey_ Guest

sad but true

Thanks

Have they shown any trailers for Xbox2 games? How much better can the graphics get? If anyone has seen any vids, do the games look better? if so, how does it keep getting better?

Thanks

Well, being an amateur game programmer, I can assure you that there is still a lot left to achieve in the graphics department, TestamentX. Go to your local library and look in the graphics books that detail the happenings of the Siggraph conferences, and you will see what I mean. For instance, do you know of any game that implements view dependent displacement mapping yet?

However, graphics aren't really <i>that</i> important anymore, at least in my opinion. Yeah, there is the *wow* factor that graphics provide, but they don't do anything to improve or innovate in the gameplay department. Graphics will improve, just don't expect anything along the lines of the N64 to Gamecube or PS1 to PS2 transition ever again.

Thanks

"do you know of any game that implements view dependent displacement mapping yet?"

I have no clue what that is but it does sound cool.

Thanks

just wait its not like that dont want us to buy it...lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick William
    However, graphics aren't really <i>that</i> important anymore, at least in my opinion. Yeah, there is the *wow* factor that graphics provide, but they don't do anything to improve or innovate in the gameplay department. Graphics will improve, just don't expect anything along the lines of the N64 to Gamecube or PS1 to PS2 transition ever again.
    GASP!! I love you!! It's nice to see someone dedicated to game design who thinks this way... I wish everyone else did...