Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question for the not-physically challenged

Thanks

All the recent adivice has me eating more and killing someone at birth. Eating=me getting fat AGAIN. (I just got 167, down 23 pounds from 5 months ago, so I'm not eating anymore than I am now.)
    On the whole protien/swallowing/death thing, keep personal attacks to a bear minimum. I don't want my threads to cause outbreaks of spam.

What I'm going on now will be 20 reps, 4 times, of 30 pounds. Does that seem ok?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Mikey_ Guest

hammer, u haven't exactly told us what it is ur trying to achieve by lifting weights. do you want definition? mass? symetry? proportion? strength? what? if u want definition i know (as pointed out already) you need to lift lighter weights and higher reps. mass lift heavy with less reps but not to the point of failure. strength? lift as heavy as you can for about 4-6 reps putting every ounce of energy you have into each set. symetry comes in when you have a low level of body fat and the shape comes through in ur physique. lol i had no idea so many people here lifted weights (like me)

Thanks

Go with Cartman. Beefcake. Beeefcake! BEEEEFCAAAAKE!
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

If you just want to lose body fat, then do aerobics or a lot of running/active sports, forget about wheights for now. Just don't eat too much food with high carbs and fat. So put that burger down, biatch. Seriously, when I used to be very fat and lost an incredible amount of fat just by cutting down almost completely on fatty foods.

Wheight is really meaningless, as muscle wheighs much more than body fat. So if you're think you're going to lose wheight by weight-lifting, you have some serious rearranging to do. I wheigh 210 lb(approx 100kg) and I have 5.5% body fat(reccomended is less than 15%), no one ever thinks I wheigh that much. You can get probably get tested at your physician with an electrode wheight thingy.

Or you know what, just look at yourself in the mirror and smile. Just be happy with yourself.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman
    Go with Cartman. Beefcake. Beeefcake! BEEEEFCAAAAKE!

Thanks

You forgot to fix your "weight" typos, Soeru.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Indeed... My fat fingers must've hit that h...

Thanks

Yeah don't worry about your weight because no one else will when you end up looking like Brad Pitt. If you don't lift and do just cardio, you are going to lose muscle as well as fat.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher
    We both wanted to kill you at birth?
    Is english your first language? Or is there some magical gap that I and your mother jumped to become "we" from your perspective?

Anyways, if you just want to lose weight, then cardio is what you're looking for. Running, Stairmasters, whatever. As long as you're moving around, you're burning calories. Also, start eating celery and carrots, they take more calories to eat and digest than they provide. You're going to hate them pretty quickly, but it beats being a lardass.

Thanks

I think im going crazy, I posted already and didn't get an error but my post isn't here, so here goes again....

You are supposed to work out til it hurts... Not excruciating pain, mind you, but a good hurt. When you work out, your muscles tears a bit. Your body repairs it, and adds a bit more, so you can pretty much assume the more it hurts (up to a point, a rip is very different from a small tear), the more muscle will be repaired, and more will be grown.

I learned this is Biology, Biology 2, my friend said this is right who takes three hours of medical class a day to be a doctor, physical science, gym, and another class i'm not ready to admit to taking.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

Thumbs up

LINKY!!!

This particular sentence is merely filler.
    Greatly enjoyed Monster Hunter
    Happily playing Guild Wars
    Sorely disappointed with Star Ocean 3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glutto
    LINKY!!!

This particular sentence is merely filler.
    I failed to see anywhere in there that had to do with building up muscle.... I skimmed, but in this skimming, I never found anything about working out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falados
    I failed to see anywhere in there that had to do with building up muscle.... I skimmed, but in this skimming, I never found anything about working out.
    Well, of course not!!!

I send the wrong linky.

CORRECT LINKY!!!!
    Greatly enjoyed Monster Hunter
    Happily playing Guild Wars
    Sorely disappointed with Star Ocean 3

Thanks

Now, that will be helpful to him. Although I did learn a lot about what a muscle is from that other link .

Mikey_ Guest

oh good lord everyone is basically now repeating whats been said already on the topic. hammer, go out and buy an issue of flex magazine and/or muscle & fitness and read