Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who is pre-ordering a PSP?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    It does come with the standard package

Well if their was a standard package... i would assume it would be part of it. However the article leads me to think otherwise.

The good news is that the Pack comes standard with a good number of extras that help make the purchase worthwhile, including a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case, and cleaning cloth.
    Im assuming that's a mistake.

Or it could be, that some of those extras that make the extra cash worth while are standard. Such as the adaptor and battery pack. Ether way it's still not to bad of a deal. Other then the fact that your paying for things that you may not want.

Which is why i ask, why not offer a basic package for those of us who don't want this extra stuff.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 4th-February-2005 at 03:13.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    No it's not that bad..., however i would like the option of not having to pay for the extras that i don't want, like the headphones. Why do we US citizens not get the option of buying the cheap package as well.

Question: Why would the AC adaptor not come with the basic package? Don't you need it to charge the battery.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that, but it's only what, fifty bucks more then the Japanese standard package price? Hell, if they sold the system alone, you'd end up paying about $250 for it and a 128MB memory stick duo. For the same price, you get that and a few other nifty (but not really necessary) doodads as well. It's really a pretty cool package if you look at it that way.

EDIT: You Don't have to accentuate anything in your post, GundamGuy. I get where you're coming from. I'm just saying that if you consider what I said, it really is a sound package. You'd end up paying about the same for the system and a memory stick (which is absolutely essential if you want to do pretty much anything with the system...), so why complain about getting some nifty extras along with it?
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-February-2005 at 03:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion

EDIT: You Don't have to accentuate anything in your post, GundamGuy. I get where you're coming from. I'm just saying that if you consider what I said, it really is a sound package. You'd end up paying about the same for the system and a memory stick (which is absolutely essential if you want to do pretty much anything with the system...), so why complain about getting some nifty extras along with it?
    True, however your only getting a 32 MB memory stick duo, which lik-sang reports sells for 30$

The price diffrence between the basic package and the extras package is $65
    I don't really want the Headphones, or the case and cloth (they shoud not really cost 30$). So that being said i could buy a basic unit and then buy my self a Memory Stick PRO Duo 256MB with the money i saved from not buying the extras that i don't want.

For the same price i get only what i want, and 8 times the storage on my memory card.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 4th-February-2005 at 03:53.

Thanks

I'd like to pick one up, but I'm not sure yet. Pretty pricy, and the games.. I don't know

Maybe I'll get a DS
    I like cookies.

And tacos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    For the same price i get only what i want, and 8 times the storage on my memory card.
    Right, well it's all a moot point anyway. We're discussing this using the Japanese pricing as a point of comparison, under the assumption that a US base unit would cost the same. For all we know, Sony could've chosen to release a base-unit package at $229 in the US. Since the only frame of reference is the Japanese PSP's pricing, and noone ever said the US price would be the same, it's hard to know exactly how much the extras are driving up the cost of the system.

I guess it would be nice to be able to buy the unit alone if that's how you want it, but you do get some pretty cool extras in the Value Pack, and for those intending to take full advantage of what the system has to offer, it's a cool buy. The only complaint I'd have is the size of the card included in the package, but it's a nice start, and I could always get a bigger one somewhere down the road.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 4th-February-2005 at 04:27.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll most definetly be getting a PSP. Some of the games coming out for it look very awesome. I can' wait for Gran Turismo 4 Mobile.

I also like how it can play video files and stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Trust me, you want the case lol.

1st million PSPs sold come with a free Spiderman 2 UMD movie

Thanks

I will definately not be getting a PSP... ever. Instead, I'll stick to my GBA, which still has another 20 or so titles I want to pick up. When I do upgrade my handheld, I'll get a DS on the cheap, because that thing friggin' rocks.

Thanks
    EP Points

5 online PSP titles at US Launch! Yay

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    5 online PSP titles at US Launch! Yay
    Which one's? That only some what suprises me.

Thanks

i'd love to get a psp but i know i can't afford it's upkeep , so i have to wait till u're able to download games for it and other stuff or it'll just be a glorified media player in my hands

Thanks

okay I'm with gundam guy on this I seriously don't need the stuff included in the american pack I have better headphones. I'm going to get a 1 gig memory stick and I don't want the carrying case.

so the pack is just overkill for me ,but I guess I'm buying it not so much for the games but for its potential. It's better than anything out right know in handhelds and is compatible with a number of systems the ps3,computers,wireless capabilities, and a possible feature of outside processing to increase the graphics processing of the system creating true ps2 quality games on the psp by the time the next gen consoles come out
    some days you just want to blow something up

Thanks
    EP Points

You want the case, trust me lol. The thing will be scratched in no time without it

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by achilles1785
    . It's better than anything out right know in handhelds and is compatible with a number of systems the ps3,computers,wireless capabilities, and a possible feature of outside processing
    So like does the PSP have a port that it could connect to the PS3 with...? I did not notice one when i last saw one...

Also, what does he mean by outside processing?

Thanks

okay so you guys don't know the system can possibly use another system to do graphical processing for it. Its in development on the ps3 system since there using (damn I can't remember the name of the developmental) chips

the wireless connection through the 802.11b is going to be used to probably have either the computer or the ps3 in an aforementioned hot zone for wireless connection take over the processing of the graphics and leave the psp graphics processor for controller input and ai control meaning it can crunch the polygons on the other system while all it has to worry about is making sure the computer controlled opponent does what it's supposed to

its just like how some companies have been giving out programs that allow the processors in sleeping computers to help out super computers to crunch out the numbers

and its possible they may just give it a 2.0 usb port on the ps3 to save time especially if it's linked up to the internet through the aforementioned wireless type
    some days you just want to blow something up