Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: EU considers banning Nazi symbols. Ohnoes.

Thanks

That's so retarded, what would Indian people do? The swastika is actually an Indian symbol for peace or something like that.

Thanks

Adolf was a great speaker, but I hear his writing sucked beyond belief. I've also heard that some Mein Kampf translations are very bad.
    You're right, he was a terrible writer.. 500 word sentences, ahoy!
    And if you are seeking to read it, the translation by Ralph Menheim is good.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    That's so retarded, what would Indian people do? The swastika is actually an Indian symbol for peace or something like that.
    Once again, it's present in numerous cultures/religions, not just Hindi(excuse me if this is inaccurate).

Edit: Good lord, 500 word sentences! A friend of mine can write (strangely good) sentences nearly as long... and (no joke) wants to study political science... I'll keep that translator in mind when I look into it.

German>English translations tend to be so... vague, with numerous, and very long, but incomprehensible, run-on sentences with countless commas(see what I mean? ).
    Last edited by Soeru; 21st-January-2005 at 01:00.

Thanks

Ban the swastika, because Prince Harry wore a nazi uniform whatsit, at a FANCY DRESS PARTY? I mean, the whole thing about getting him to publicly apologise pissed me off. It's like it's ok to dress as a WW2 soldier, as long as it's not for the opposing team, then it's instantly wrong, and now they're thinking about banning the swastika? That's not retarded, at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Once again, it's present in numerous cultures/religions, not just Hindi(excuse me if this is inaccurate).

Edit: Good lord, 500 word sentences! A friend of mine can write (strangely good) sentences nearly as long... and (no joke) wants to study political science...
    It was probably mentioned, I just didn't read the rest of the thread.

It's not that strange though, that people find this offensive over 50 years later. They did do a lot of shit...

Thanks

German>English translations tend to be so... vague, with numerous, and very long, but incomprehensible, run-on sentences with countless commas(see what I mean? ).
    I wouldn't know, but the Manheim book hasn't been terribly hard to read.. I'm assuming it would be hard to translate a book written by a terrible writer.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miles
    Ban the swastika, because Prince Harry wore a nazi uniform whatsit, at a FANCY DRESS PARTY? I mean, the whole thing about getting him to publicly apologise pissed me off. It's like it's ok to dress as a WW2 soldier, as long as it's not for the opposing team, then it's instantly wrong, and now they're thinking about banning the swastika? That's not retarded, at all.
    Damn, a piece of my brain just trickled down my nostrils. I don't know what you're trying to point out.

Wait a sec, is England... part of the EU? I thought they still used pounds, hence why this just came to mind. Why is the EU all in a fuss if a non-EU country's prince decided to be a wanker?

Thanks

Damn, a piece of my brain just trickled down my nostrils. I don't know what you're trying to point out.

Wait a sec, is England... part of the EU? I thought they still used pounds, hence why this just came to mind. Why is the EU all in a fuss if a non-EU country's prince decided to be a wanker?
    Because they can. And this will probably pass too.

Thanks

Edit: Good lord, 500 word sentences! A friend of mine can write (strangely good) sentences nearly as long... and (no joke) wants to study political science... I'll keep that translator in mind when I look into it.

I was talking to Ruby a while ago, and I managed to fit in four commas and two hyphens in a nine-word sentence ('That, or, "you, sir, are - in Truth - a retard."'). You're all lucky I try to simplify my language so you barbarians can understand it all.

Do you speak German yourself, on that note? From what I remember reading of it, German literature just is like that at times...
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Ok... You. Just... Go to school. Alright? Visit a class that deals with politics sometime, and pay attention. Jesus Christ.

The outrage of this is worth a double post.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

I'm pretty sure this will pass too, I don't think many representatives will vote against it. But will a law have to be passed in each individual country for this to go into effect? That would take a while... but will probably pass too... I wonder what kind of punishment you would get from wearing/showing a swastika.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Ok... You. Just... Go to school. Alright? Visit a class that deals with politics sometime, and pay attention. Jesus Christ.

The outrage of this is worth a double post.
    I apologize for my ignorance, but such knowledge is not available in US schools. And nobody really answered my question, is England part of the EU or not?
    Last edited by Soeru; 21st-January-2005 at 01:19.

Thanks

Burned at the stake.

Probably just short jail time, I can't imagine them going to overboard on this. Oh wait, yes I can.

EDIT: Yes, the UK is in the EU

Thanks

I wonder what kind of punishment you would get from wearing/showing a swastika
    Gas chamber.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    Gas chamber.
    Incinerator

Evil.

Thanks

I apologize for my ignorance, but such knowledge is not available in US schools. And nobody really answered my question, is England part of the EU or not?
    What knowledge is availible in US schools? I swear, your education system sounds worse by the hour...

England (or, perhaps more accurately, the UK) is a part of the EU, yes. It just hasn't joined the EMU (European Monetary Union), and is thus using the traditional British pound, rather than the euro. There are other EU countries that haven't joined the EMU, Sweden for example.