Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: EU considers banning Nazi symbols. Ohnoes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    I'm afraid he's permanently attached.
    Halt! You're giving Skinner a boner.

The Romans, Greeks, and Spaniards(etc.) all wanted to rule the whole of Europe... and came somewhat close at some point...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You know, I never knew democracy was Communist. Nor did I know that trying to help the poor was Communist. At least the EU is trying to overcome nationalism, something which played a key role in starting the Second World War, First World War, Franco-Prussian War, War of Schleswig, Austro-Prussian War...I digress. Unlike you and Joseph McCarthy believe, Europe is not just a bunch of tin-pot Communists, and while the EU is far from perfect, it's one of the best supranational organizations out there, and if it could establish a bit better system of accountability within the government itself and deal with the already-significant bureaucracy (Actually, with the power of the commissions, these sort of go hand in hand), I'd say it'd be a damn sight closer to ending the present mono-polar world situation, and in a way far better than just the PRC and USA.

Thanks

More or less exactly what I would've said if I didn't know Georgyw5k from before, and had decided to be a bit more serious about it. Good job, and all that.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you; I had a busy week...

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    It's about symbolism. That statue stand's for something that well the goverment should not be endorsing, or representing above others.

I don't really care, i don't think removing religious symbols, will get anyone anywhere...
    In my opinion, whether or not the government has the "stamp of approval" placed on the symbols they wish to employ makes no difference--the government will still think what they want to think regardless of the symbols employed (henceforth I strongly agree with the last paragraph of yours above).

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    You clearly dont care that they are their, however you don't like those who wish to remove such things. So you don't care if they are there, but think lowly of those who wish to remove them. Why?
    Because it's a waste of our judicial system's time and money, not to mention that people should be worrying about significant problems (if the issue may even be considered a problem).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha
    Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you; I had a busy week...

Because it's a waste of our judicial system's time and money, not to mention that people should be worrying about significant problems (if the issue may even be considered a problem).
    aw quite a good answer. I totaly agree. That's a much better answer then i get from most people, who i ask that same question.

BTW I don't think that the EU will really ban Nazi symbols... they are just playing off the public outrage to win over the public... you know Politicans all the same no matter what country your in.

Thanks

Living in Germany for a couple years, I can tell you guys that they have some seriously weird Anti-Nazi laws:

- Having a moustache to the same dimentions as Hitlers (he had it shaved to exact specifications) is illegal, fineable upto €200, depending on circumstance

- Hitler hairdos are also banned; as above, fine upto €200.

- Publically saluting or condoling the third reich is also prohibited, as with any kind of Nazi symbolizm.

- As is Hitlers book, "Mein Kampf"

- Castle Wolfenstein.. I'm not sure about that one. There was a German translated version of it that came out, so it may be legal. Who knows? WW2 documentary movies containing swastikas are legal, so why not a video game?

Thanks

- Hitler hairdos are also banned; as above, fine upto �200.

So you can't your hair parting on the left side of your scalp while sporting the old military cut?

I'm sorry, but I just can't help but laugh at that.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Markieman234

- Castle Wolfenstein.. I'm not sure about that one. There was a German translated version of it that came out, so it may be legal. Who knows? WW2 documentary movies containing swastikas are legal, so why not a video game?
    Videogames are not considered "Art" unlike movies etc. This is basically why swastikas are considered illegal in one instance and not in another.

Thanks

Living in Germany for a couple years, I can tell you guys that they have some seriously weird Anti-Nazi laws:

- Having a moustache to the same dimentions as Hitlers (he had it shaved to exact specifications) is illegal, fineable upto �200, depending on circumstance

- Hitler hairdos are also banned; as above, fine upto �200.

- Publically saluting or condoling the third reich is also prohibited, as with any kind of Nazi symbolizm.

- As is Hitlers book, "Mein Kampf"

Hilarity.
    A dead man can cause so much discomfort. I don't understand this perpetual need to find something to fear. Simply b/c potheads like princess Harry wear a swastika, why must people freak out. Yes, I do understand the extent of fear that the symbol had during Hitler's time, and there's no doubt that it freaked people out even after the Nazi party was dissolved and the whole 'denazification' scheme started...but banning a symbol associated with an almost redundant ideology makes no sense.
    I don't doubt the importance of an organization like the EU. However, to completely ban the use of symbols which are such an important part of the history of the world, is almost like ignoring a big chunk of our history.

Thanks

I don't think banning a nazi symbol would stop any nazis since they'd probably just make a new one.

In any case, nazis suck ass, their values are disgusting. After WW2 there is no way I can respect anyone who choose to abide such .. "values".

Thanks

^ You'd be surprised as to have many deviations of the swastika/other nazi symbols there are.

Also, thank you for your input. Nazi's everywhere will take into consideration your personal thoughts and feelings and will strive their best to please your moral standing.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/