Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revolutionary Idea

Thanks

I suppose what you two speak is true, but you know...what if some people get the wrong kind of pills in their medication bottle....that can happen too. But yes the satillite would have to be perfected.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    EP Points

Hell yes, but are you aware there is prolly more computer bugs each day than people dying because they got the wrong medication in their bottle?
    And since the satellite(s) tasks would be numerous, I guess PLENTY of bugs would appear.
    Hello beta-testing! Who wants to die first?

But it's something cool to think. I wish sometime everything was automated, but then life would suck arse.

Thanks

That stuff just scares and turns off many people.

Thanks

I don't know that such things will ever be satellite controlled; there's really no need for that. All medicinal deliveries would be dependent upon local sensor data that shouldn't have to be "beamed" up to some other computer anyway.
    Last edited by Golgotha; 14th-January-2005 at 23:58.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude that would be the coolest...Ill be the great "speciman"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha
    I don't know that such things will ever be satellite controlled; there's really no need for that. All medicinal deliveries would be dependent upon local sensor data that shouldn't have to be "beamed" up to some other computer anyway.
    thats kinda like what we were trying to get at. time sensored would be a great ordeal.

but yeah, bugs can happen. me and kosmo were just were just brainstorming because my arm hurt real bad and strongbad used up all the bengay, so we thought it would be rad to have a patch that could sense the pain and transmit a fix for it.

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks
    EP Points

any chance you could get the satalite to beam me down a curry?
    im frickin starvin over here

Thanks

we're working on it.....

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

How is a satelite going to transmit food or medicine? I don't think you can change radio waves into matter...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heratis
    How is a satelite going to transmit food or medicine? I don't think you can change radio waves into matter...
    Not without a whole lot of energy going into that transmission beam. Think of how much energy you get out of a single split atom, and reverse the equation...that's how much energy you need to create, from energy alone, one atom, ignoring such things as the compaction energy cost to get that energy waveform compacted enough so it can even act as a photon or other massless "particle" (wave-particle duality is fun!), equipment energy cost to maintain the equipment for compression (It would have to be in the patch, too, otherwise you may as well sling the food straight at the person from orbit and ignore the need for the energy beam, it'll have as much punch), and transmission energy cost to move the amount of energy required for everything else. It's not feasable, now or in the future. It may be possible in the future, but as Freeman Dyson said about his own theoretical creation, the Dyson Sphere, "A society that would need to build it could not, and a society that could build it would have no reason to."

But, that's already been covered by far more eloquent speakers than me in this thread.

Thanks

Furthermore when you split a uranium atom(they usually split uranium in nuke powerplants, mebbe plutonium or uber enriched uranium for nuke bombs) you only get 1% of it to actually convert into energy. To get like a pound of food it'd take many many hundred nukes. The thing about the waves though, is that waves actually do have particles e.g. photons, gravitons(gravitons are still theoretical though), electrons(they are weird... electrons are actually kinda in between a wave and a particle. Math dudes figured out that when an electron has no outside influence, its a wave, but as soon as you poke it, it turns into a particle. Noone has ever actually seen an electron in wave form, as that'd be impossible because to see it there'd have to be outside stuff bouncing off it to the viewing thingie, and thus it'd become a particle).

But if you go by String theory(still in the works, its looking nice though) then all the stuff is really the same, and they're really more like the diff notes you can get out of a cello string. CELLO RULES VIOLIN SUCKS!!!(i play cello and despise the fact that the celloes, who don't suck like the violins in my orchestra, still get stuck with shitty boring stuff)

So the answer is: YES, it's possible, NO, it will never ever ever ever ever happen. Even the patch won't happen, you'd have to change patches like 20 times a day unless said patch weighed like 10 pounds.