Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolutionary Idea

Thanks

Default Revolutionary Idea

with this being the Free for All, land of the oddballed and derranged, an idea which could or could not be used in the future is about to be explained...

youthquake and i were playing dodgeball one day and began to contemplate the idea of food and medicine. we were talking about the movie Soilent Green and how food pills were being used. then we came up with an idea or two about this being used.

when in fact pills are not used for food, its a patch. Like an-anti smoking patch. Except this patch works as a membrane onto your body. Using satellite technology, when the patch is activated it will trigger the satellite to beam radiation "food" through the patch and into the person's system.

lame, it may sound, but interesting to think about.

the same could work for medicines. instead of shooting a needle full of insulin into your body every day, you'll be able to roam the streets free without stopping and stabbing yourself. when the sugar level is low, the patch can activate the satellite and "beam" down the supply needed.

obsurd, you may think. feel free to discuss if you wish, haha, its just a thought. possibility perhaps? science can take us to many places, even those which once seemed unfathomable.

i'm sure youthquake may have more to speak on this subject....
    Last edited by Kosmo Yagkoto; 14th-January-2005 at 14:18.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

You and Youthquake would never see it. Understand, it will most likely happen, but don't count on being around to benefit from it. By the time they have the tech to do it, we'll be well into the 3000's.

Thanks

You're going about this patch thing the wrong way- It could help control overpopulation with euthanization from that big cool satellite that may or may not be pillaged by space Pirates.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not really sure it would be possible with radiation, maybe you could give people cancer at will instead?

Thanks

Yeah...how could you transmit food with radiation and the like? It would have to send such a large amount I don't see how it could be used...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    I'm not really sure it would be possible with radiation, maybe you could give people cancer at will instead?
    We can only dream.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Well since waves have no mass it is impossible for waves to be come food or medicen just by hitting a patch.

However if the patch was made so it reacted to waves, and then released the food. That might work. Except what's the point of the wave, if food is in the patch in the first place, it could just be time released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you heard about the US millitarys idea of firing iron bars from a sattelite to use as a weapon?
    Well maybe that could be adapted to less leathal means and provide supplies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    Well since waves have no mass it is impossible for waves to be come food or medicen just by hitting a patch.

However if the patch was made so it reacted to waves, and then released the food. That might work. Except what's the point of the wave, if food is in the patch in the first place, it could just be time released.
    Word-by-word, exactly what I was going to say.

Having a small machine with a supply of insulin and glucagon implanted inside ones body hooked up to the bloodstream could work quite well. Much like an artificial pancreas/liver/endocrine system, it would monitor the amounts of glucose in your blood and secrete insulin or glucagon when needed instead of having to take blood tests and poking yourself with a needle, a diabetic's dream. Getting it small in size and having work properly could cost a lot of cash though. I'm sure engineers will work something out like this very soon, if it's not in the works already.

That thing about having food zapped from a satellite... not really possible.

Maybe if they sold vitamins and minerals plus all the other stuff your body needs in accurate amounts as a bunch of pills together, along with some carbohydrates and protein like bread and meat... it would be the most practical meal ever, and few people would have health problems from not eating well.
    Last edited by Soeru; 14th-January-2005 at 21:05.

Thanks

Thats not what i meant....I mean the patch has whatever medication is needed and the satillite activates the patch to release the medication. I think i cleared myself up a bit.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
    Thats not what i meant....I mean the patch has whatever medication is needed and the satillite activates the patch to release the medication. I think i cleared myself up a bit.

True, but interference would make that impossible, you send them the medicen wave, and they get Food indstead, and besides, it's so easy to make waves... people could fake the offical wave and give them selfs a high off Cough Syrup. ... Or everyones in the city or state if the wave was powerfull enought.... good thing for terrorist...

The Idea of haveing a patch with the suplies you need is quite good, but their is no need for it to be triggerd by satillite, just have it time released.

Thanks

with this being the Free for All, land of the oddballed and derranged, an idea which could or could not be used in the future is about to be explained...

youthquake and i were playing dodgeball one day and began to contemplate the idea of food and medicine. we were talking about the movie Soilent Green and how food pills were being used. then we came up with an idea or two about this being used.

when in fact pills are not used for food, its a patch. Like an-anti smoking patch. Except this patch works as a membrane onto your body. Using satellite technology, when the patch is activated it will trigger the satellite to beam radiation "food" through the patch and into the person's system.

lame, it may sound, but interesting to think about.

the same could work for medicines. instead of shooting a needle full of insulin into your body every day, you'll be able to roam the streets free without stopping and stabbing yourself. when the sugar level is low, the patch can activate the satellite and "beam" down the supply needed.

obsurd, you may think. feel free to discuss if you wish, haha, its just a thought. possibility perhaps? science can take us to many places, even those which once seemed unfathomable.

i'm sure youthquake may have more to speak on this subject....

When you said anti smoking patch I had an idea. What about a food patch that makes it so you don't get hungry if you are overweight? Not sure if this is possible or has already been done.

Also about the satellite how could they do it. You would have to worry about the satellite giving too much medicine or too much food. It would have to be perfect in design to work and nothing is perfect if you think about it. So it could screw up and give you too much of what you need and kill you.

"The empires of the future, are the empires of the mind"

~Winston Churchill

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough"

~Albert Einstein

Thanks

True, but interference would make that impossible, you send them the medicen wave, and they get Food indstead, and besides, it's so easy to make waves... people could fake the offical wave and give them selfs a high off Cough Syrup. ... Or everyones in the city or state if the wave was powerfull enought.... good thing for terrorist...

The Idea of haveing a patch with the suplies you need is quite good, but their is no need for it to be triggerd by satillite, just have it time released.
    Yeah time released would work but not in emergency situations for some people. I mean like satillite activated so that the satalite activates the release of the medicine. This could probably be done because we do satalites out in space that could track many things.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah time released would work but not in emergency situations for some people. I mean like satillite activated so that the satalite activates the release of the medicine. This could probably be done because we do satalites out in space that could track many things.
    Yes and no, we don't have any satalites that track 6 billion things... if it was possible to make said Satillite, you would still run in to the problem that every one would have to have their own frequency. (you know like Remote Controled cars... ), at some point the frequences would be forced to overlap with other commonly used items, like cell phones or cordless phones, or wi-fi, or radio waves... it would be quite bad for someone to get a does of blood thinner every time the phone rings... or the microwave starts...

Thanks
    EP Points

The way to do it is less important than the results, like GundamGuy is saying.

Only one thing i hope will stop people from doing it, windows blue screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Server admin in year 3000
    Oh shizzle, server crash, 100000 people will die because they won't get their insuline dose!
    We can't rely on machines, sorry. Even though i'm going to be a computer tech later, I don't want my life to be controlled by a computer.
    If a satellite is going to feed and give you your medicines, I say it's slowly becoming computer domination. Take it as you want.
    And what about hackers?