Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBA Roms Pack 1864-1865 Torrent Problem

Thanks

Question GBA Roms Pack 1864-1865 Torrent Problem

For whatever reason, everyone who trys to download the contents of this torrent gets stuck at exactly the same place. Reason I say everyone is because I've been checking the download stats page of this particular torrent and everyone on the downloaders list is stuck at exactly the same place. What's the deal? Does anyone perhaps know an alternate place to get these two GBA roms?
    Last edited by dr.dino; 13th-January-2005 at 23:38. Reason: Forget a few things

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dino
    For whatever reason, everyone who trys to download the contents of this torrent gets stuck at exactly the same place. Reason I say everyone is because I've been checking the download stats page of this particular torrent and everyone on the downloaders list is stuck at exactly the same place. What's the deal? Does anyone perhaps know an alternate place to get these two GBA roms?
    Just checked the tracker. There are no seeds, so you won't be able to finish the download. You have two options...

Request a reseed of just 2 GBA ROMs (seems silly), or go to http://www.chinagba.com/down/ and download them.

EDIT: Eh. You won't be able to request a reseed anyway...

Thanks

Yeah, that ChinaGBA site is a great site, use to go to it all the time for all my GBA needs. But in the past couple of months now for some reason, I can't download their roms. I just get redirected to the download home page. Please let me know how I can download roms from their site.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that ChinaGBA site is a great site, use to go to it all the time for all my GBA needs. But in the past couple of months now for some reason, I can't download their roms. I just get redirected to the download home page. Please let me know how I can download roms from their site.
    Click on the link like I have circled in the attached pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Yeah, I know that, but still I just get redirected to "http://download.cngba.com/". I even tried clicking the other three links on that same line, but they all do exactly the same thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I know that, but still I just get redirected to "http://download.cngba.com/". I even tried clicking the other three links on that same line, but they all do exactly the same thing.
    Check for spyware. I clicked it just to make sure it worked, and it is fine for me.

Or try an alternate browser

Thanks

I'm fairly positive it isn't spyware, I have a few programs already that protect me and inform me of such activity. However the one thing in your little screenshot from before that's different from what I've ever seen is that is your screenshot, you see all these ?s everywhere in the text. I presume that simply means your browser isn't configured or something to read Asian text. Whereas with me, all the Asian text is there, I don't know if that's significant or not. Plus, I already use two browsers already, i.e. Internet Explorer (with all the latest updates and patches) and Mozilla Firefox. Both browsers give me the same results.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm fairly positive it isn't spyware, I have a few programs already that protect me and inform me of such activity. However the one thing in your little screenshot from before that's different from what I've ever seen is that is your screenshot, you see all these ?s everywhere in the text. I presume that simply means your browser isn't configured or something to read Asian text. Whereas with me, all the Asian text is there, I don't know if that's significant or not. Plus, I already use two browsers already, i.e. Internet Explorer (with all the latest updates and patches) and Mozilla Firefox. Both browsers give me the same results.
    I was using Firefox, and the ??? are indeed a missing Asian test plugin. I just tried again, and I can download fine. I honestly can't see any other explaination other than Spyware. You might try using "Hijack This!" (google it). It is a powerful Spyware detector, and you can remove things AdAware and Spybot miss.

Thanks

Here is a copy of the log generated by HijackThis. Also on a side note, I just tried getting the GBA roms in question via ChinaGBA on another computer in my house, but it's still the same result. But I have also noticed near the links to download the GBA roms, there is this bit of text above it that says like SHIFT+???. Does that perhaps mean that I'm suppose to hold down SHIFT, click the link, and then it comes up right? Or how exactly does the SHIFT key fit into all this?

----------------------------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 9:52:06 PM, on 1/13/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\ISSVC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    D:\Program Files\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\mqsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\mqtgsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    D:\Program Files\D-Link\Air USB Utility\AirCFG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    D:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
    D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
    D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
    D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe
    D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXE
    D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATISched.EXE
    D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
    D:\Program Files\BitTornado\btdownloadgui.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe
    D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    D:\Program Files\GrabIt\GrabIt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\OPScan.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Joel Meine\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - {E5A1691B-D188-4419-AD02-90002030B8EE} - D:\PROGRA~1\FlashFXP\IEFlash.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link Air USB Utility] D:\Program Files\D-Link\Air USB Utility\AirCFG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "D:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 7.0] "D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Distillr\Acrotray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "D:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks 2005 Premier\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Launchpad] "D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\launchpd.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI DeviceDetect] D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXE
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ATI Scheduler] D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATISched.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
    O9 - Extra button: ATI TV - {44226DFF-747E-4edc-B30C-78752E50CD0C} - D:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\tv\EXPLBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    O16 - DPF: {00000EF1-0786-4633-87C6-1AA7A44296DA} (F1 Organizer Class) - http://www.addictivetechnologies.net...b/72kd66fg.cab
    O16 - DPF: {15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/Cl...ridge-c356.cab
    O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/ca...C_1_0_0_44.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/Ms...Downloader.cab
    O18 - Protocol: cetihpz - {CF184AD3-CDCB-4168-A3F7-8E447D129300} - D:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\hpcoretech\comp\hpuiprot.dll
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: InCD Helper - Ahead Software AG - D:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: ISSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\ISSVC.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security 2005\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: WZCBDL Service - D-Link - D:\Program Files\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe
    O23 - Service: ZESOFT - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\zeta.exe
    ----------------------------------

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow. That is a heck of a list. How long does it take your computer to boot?

Well, you have a lot of services running, but they all seem to be legit, except for:
    O23 - Service: ZESOFT - Unknown - C: \WINDOWS\zeta.exe
    You might want to get rid of that one

Just for reference, here is mine...
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Sprung; 14th-January-2005 at 05:06.

Thanks

Could you maybe just provide me with the direct links to the GBA roms in question off of ChinaGBA? That way I can simply click on the hyperlinks you provide and that will be it.

Thanks
    EP Points

EDIT: Open the Main China GBA site before you click those. You have to be on site to download.

EDIT1: eh. It doesn't seem to work...

I just tried with Internet Explorer, and I can get them still...
    Last edited by Sprung; 14th-January-2005 at 05:15.

Thanks

I didn't mean those links. I meant the hyperlinks that link directly to the files themselves, like "1864 - Legend of Zelda, The - The Minish Cap (U).zip" or whatever the exact file names of the roms in question are.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't mean those links. I meant the hyperlinks that link directly to the files themselves, like "1864 - Legend of Zelda, The - The Minish Cap (U).zip" or whatever the exact file names of the roms in question are.
    Yeah, that is what those are, but they don't work unless you click them from within the ChinaGBA page...

Thanks

try diffrent trackers i get mines from ftp and http much faster for me