Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite film. Ever.

Thanks

Default Your favourite film. Ever.

Simple really. Post your favourite film and the reasons for your choice and you'll join the hallowed ranks of those who have replied to one of my (consistantly bollocks, I might add) threads. Marvellous.

Anyway, Im going to be incredibly cheap and say, at the moment, Gladiator is probably the best film Ive seen (even for all its gaffes - and there are many). It just all seems to come together, directing, casting, musical score, a non-too clich�d story - the film has it all. And I can do a wicked impression of Russell Crowe when he does his 'husband to a murdered wife...' bit. So it therefore naturally wins everything.

A controversial decision (or an easy cop-out) this may be, but I have seen many films. And I can truthfully say that none have engrossed me, or indeed immersed me into the world it attempts to create more than this film. Perhaps its my deep interest in the period it pictates, perhaps its because of the splendid battles, perhaps even its down somewhat to the poignancy of this being Oliver Reeds last film (the bloke, being the womaniser/alcoholic/etc that he was, was a legend). But something strikes me about this film that no other has thus far.

Anyway, before you start bleating on about how old this film is, cocky bollocks, the reason why I felt the need to mention this is down to me watching it (for about the 15th time, no lie) again the other day. A true spectacle.

Discuss.

Thanks

I think..... The Matrix: Reloaded (that *is* the name of the second one, isn't it?). I don't think any other movie I've seen has been so in touch with my way of thinking (specifically, the part where Neo talks to the old Matrix duder). And it's pretty, too.

Also, Spy Hard. With this disguise, I can look like anybody...
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

My favourite one is Platoon. Willem Dafoe and Tom Berenger are great in that movie. There are lots of moving moments, as well as the most thrilling action scenes that modern films don't have.
    Moreover, the movie has also one of the best scores I've ever heard in my life.

Mikey_ Guest

my fav movie would be the lion king. i'm a sucker for most disney flicks but this one stood out to me. mostly cuz i my dad died the same week of the terrorist attacks and the scene of mufasa dying infront of simba just kinda broke me down. its always a nifty movie. pretty funny sometimes

Thanks

Far too many films come to mind when I try to pinpoint my favourite movie.
    So I'll take the easy way out and say- I like ALL of them.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    Blog Entries

either Apocalypse Now or Pulp Fiction

AN because of the way it portrays the viet-nam war, and insted of being a "thins shit happened" movie, you can feel the emotions the soldiers are going through, and as a solder myself, it hits very close to home.

PF because its just a trippy story, and despite all the serious situations, tarantino managed to put in more humor than was probably possible.

the scores to both of these movies are unbelieveably great, i mean, who can beat the surf tunes or 'ride of the valkyries'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

....movies?
    oh.... talkies i understand now.

eh... i like alot of films, and it's hard to decide. I'm more of a tv person over movies, If there was a tv thread i could answer easilly....
    Frankly, I'm just happy that we got threw 6 posts atleast without anyone saying there favourite movie was lord of the rings, few.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karragh
    ....movies?
    oh.... talkies i understand now.

eh... i like alot of films, and it's hard to decide. I'm more of a tv person over movies, If there was a tv thread i could answer easilly....
    Frankly, I'm just happy that we got threw 6 posts atleast without anyone saying there favourite movie was lord of the rings, few.
    Learn to spell. Please.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

I'm not sure I like Hollywood too much, everything explodes to often.
    Although, I am a fan of the mobster movie. So, such classics as Scarface, Once Upon a Time in America, Goodfellas, etc. I own. Also, I like the 1925 classic Battleship Potemkin. USSR films = class.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Learn to spell. Please.
    is tht a nwe moderotor duti or somthing? des it realy mater if i mispel?
    Last edited by karragh; 13th-January-2005 at 02:46.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karragh
    is tht a nwe moderotor duti or somthing? des it realy mater if i mispel?
    Don't worry about Skinner. He has a face full of ego. You get used to tuning it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeikHunter
    the scores to both of these movies are unbelieveably great, i mean, who can beat the surf tunes or 'ride of the valkyries'?
    Adagio for Strings, by Samuel Barber

Thanks

Don't know what my favorite movie would be. I'm quite partial to Jet Li and Back to the Future however.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lenin.
    Don't worry about Skinner. He has a face full of ego. You get used to tuning it out.
    oh don't worry, i am used to skinner.... i believe a good time ago when the two guilds were around, i was a member of both the skinner kicks ass, and the skinner sucks guild

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks XGargoyle. i have the soundtrack, but not the case, so no tracklisting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.