Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaky DVD Player, why does it do that???

Thanks

Default Freaky DVD Player, why does it do that???

OK, I got a DVD player for my birthday last August. (the non-computer type, for you noobs)

Anyway, I hook it up and play it, perfect as can be, just has a few jumps, but after that it was ok. Then i turn it off, and flick through the channels, fuzz, fuzz, fuzz, on every channel, not enough to not see the channels, but it distorted the sound a bit. So I took the AV cables off my VCR, and I still got the fuzz. So I unplugged the damn thing, then it was fine. Then I plugged it into another outlet, fuzz again. I later found out that it doesn't do that when you have it on....

Why is this happening? Is it something with the frequency of the player fighting with that of the TV or VCR??

If you tell me just to always leave it on, I'll smack your ass off. My mom is so in the old days that when she sees anything on when we're not using it, she has to turn it off. there goes my chance for having my computer always on... even the fucking speaker lights.... grrr... I'm moving out as soon as I can....

Thanks in advance, all

Uncle Evil Guest

do you watch TV through your VCR or straght to the TV?

Thanks
    EP Points

You might have an av/tv style button on your remote, you could try that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bwahaha, macrovision strikes back.
    Plug it directly on your tv. Done.

Macrovision is to prevent people from recording DVD to VCR or other recording devices.

Thanks

Yeah... one problem... my TV doesn't have any AV ports, so the cable runs through the VCR, then to the TV. I have the DVD Player hooked to the VCR, the only way I can do it.

[edit] and the make of it is KDSS (looks like KOSS)

[edit 2] and even if I took the AV cables out, it would still distort the TV. maybe you missed that part... Explain...
    Last edited by master; 5th-January-2005 at 15:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you could read the faq I found on macrovision and see if it seems to be that http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK...roVision1.html
    Sounds like if it is that then the picture would flicker alot between very dark and very bright.

Uncle Evil Guest

just get an RF Modulator for your TV, ive been in that situation many times

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think that the RF Modulator is your best bet. If your TV doesn't have an AV input then it's probably too old to be handling a DVD player anyways and you should think about either getting a new one -- you can get a 17" for pretty cheap nowadays -- or attempting to make due without the VCR. DVD players don't really work that great when they've been hooked up through another device -- I had the fading problem when I was watching DVDs on my old TV, when I had it hooked up through a VCR. It was really annoying.

Anyways. That's my two cents.

Thanks

Is the DVD and VCR plugged to TV with antenna cable?
    You said that the TV doesn't have any AV ports. So it doesn't have Scart, no composite nor S-video? If that's the case, I'll say your TV sucks deep.

I have a very old TV here, and it does have 1 scart port on it. So I have my computer plugged to have TV as monitor #2. Works nice, if I'm watching anime during night, so I can watch them from my bed with the aid of my wireless keyboard
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

For one, my parents were dumb to buy this crappy, lowlife Tv in the first place. we bought it about 5 years ago, and it isn't gona change until it goes out. all it has is a place to attach your cable to and a little atenae on top. Not much. I still have to keep the VCR on for when my parents want to record stuff on VHS... so it's not like I have a choice here.

I do have my own TV (with AV, atanae, VCR built-in, and headphone jack for when I want to play at night when everyone's asleep) that I use for gaming and such, but It's such a hassle to take these cords off, put these on, blah, blah. It's especially hard when you go between a PSX, N64, GCN, and now a DVD Player. I as thinking of getting one of those switches, but just look at the price... I rest my case...

Also, I am waiting for a TV stand where I can store all my systems on the stand, maybe with my DVD Player, instead of it being on the ground.

Any help on this?

Thanks

Ok, I dunno why my last post didn't come through, but here's the fact you forgot ppl.

Even if the cables are disconnected, and only the power is plugged in, but the DVD Player is OFF, it makes the TV Fuzzy. I think It's a motor or something that runs when you turn the DVD Player off.

Uncle Evil Guest

dude read my post above get an RF Modulator, they arent expensive

Thanks
    EP Points

I did not forgot that "fact", and it IS a macrovision problem no doubt. Your only hope is the RF modulator.
    You can always get that switch, really useful.

Thanks

ok, straighten me out here, I'm in multiple knots...

What does the RF modulator have to do ANYTHING with the power???

If i have NO Cables, zippo, and plug it in, still leaving it off, the computer still fuzes. how can that have anything to do with the RF shit?!

I'm sorry, but you're not answering my question corectly, HOW CAN THE ABOVE BE FUCKING TRUE?!

ESCUSE MY FRENCH, BUT i'M GETTING FRUSTURATED HERE.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You said it was a fuzzing issue with your TV. Now it's your computer? Please clarify.