Thread: Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash The Video Game

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash The Video Game

been playing around with this idea for a while now just like to get some thoughts on this, I've come up with a basic concept of it, I was wondering if anyone, would like to look it over and comment on it?

Here it is.

Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash.

Ideas:

You can play as all three characters in this game.
    The three character stories intertwine.
    Beds could be a possible portal for Ash and Jason to the dream world or if they got knocked out (more of a possibility with ash), Freddy would probably have his own method to get into the dream world

Story:

Each story would be different for each character.

Ash:

Ash Finally destroyed the last of the deadites and unable to destroy the book of the dead, decided to bury it, �But ash was not that dumb not too make a map�. �but he is when he goes and loses the map� try to include some sort of Bruce Campbell humour. Find a possible group of people that find the map and the book and call all sorts of crap.

Freddy:

Freddy has gone into the dreams of someone who has come across a book that as much power in it, Freddy thinking to himself, knows he can possess a deadite much more easily then a human and finds out this book is powerful enough to �summon� him, this would be of great help to him.

Jason:

Jason, still angry after the trick Freddy had played on him before, still feels the need to punish Freddy, and searches Springwood for him. Jason comes across a page from the necronomicon (make quest harder seeing as he already has one page?) describing some rites to bring back the dead. Thinking of his mother he sets off to look for more passages.

Abilities:

Freddy

Able to travel Dream World and Real world when Fear meter is full (By frightening and killing people) also a possibility being that the less people are afraid of him he loses power, like in some parts of the films people note how they are not afraid of him, this could make his energy go down and also make him lose some abilities.

Jason

Brilliant Healing power, Limited knowledge.

Ash

Can use anything as Weapon??? Shovel chainsaw Etc. Gains things from helping people?? Just a human lol. In essence the average character so nothing really needs to be a disadvantage.

Locations:

I think all three locations in question to the three characters should be in the game. So I�m thinking Crystal lake, The cabin, and Springwood. I think a map location would be handy to link all these places and to have it so that all three places are linked. A feature I would like to include would be a Dream world, the question is should it be completely different or should it be a �darker version� of the original location, maybe items could be found there that are more valuable but its more dangerous there. Also Freddy has an advantage there. Also could you go into building in this. Would it be so that every building would be accessible or just some, or even better, in most games all the items are in the buildings that are open not giving much challenge, perhaps a few houses that did not contain anything. Even better have it so the item (s) would re-arrange every time you started a new game randomly.

Quests:

These quests would be slightly different, but I�d like to get a basic concept, that all three characters are after the necronomicon for their own reasons. How they will get it is a different matter.

Ash:

Would start his quest in the Forest on his way to the cabin. He was going there because he felt the evil of the deadites when the book of the dead was recited for this quest, Freddy would have possessed one of the people who found out about the cabin and used the tape. The possess character would turn into Freddy who in the real world would not have as much power at the moment so with a little difficulty Ash would dispose of him. (possible first boss fight)

Freddy:

Freddy would begin his Quest very weakened after his encounter with Jason, before Freddy could do anything he need to get a lot of his strength back (lost abilities that could be regained?). Note: Freddy wasn�t forgotten after Freddy vs. Jason, so he could still go into people�s dreams. Possibly portal method into someone�s dream? He could jump from dream to dream to find out about the book of the dead and with his fear meter full jump from people�s dreams into the real world or go to any point in the dream world and jump into the real world from there.

Jason:

Jason is Also looking for the book but also very angry with Freddy so a possible last encounter with Freddy might be good with some way that Jason, while not killing him, does something that damages Freddy big time.

The game:

The game will begin in different locations for different people, they have to search for the book of the dead, maybe clues to the whereabouts. Ash could ask where and/or do favours for people for information, Freddy could torture them, god knows how Jason is going to get info. I�ll try and include key locations in the film, such as bars houses and such. Also, maybe some pages of the necronomicon should be in the dream world? (a group of people have found it and then dropped them in their dreams?)
    Last edited by Stark; 3rd-January-2005 at 03:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

sos to double post but for some odd reason the thread isn;t showing up.

Thanks

Show's for me.
    I completed the internetz

Mikey_ Guest

sounds like the game version of freddy vs jason only with an extra character.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow. How observant.

Actually, there were talks that the sequal to Freddy vs Jason would feature Ash from the Evil Dead movies. That's where Theo got his inspiration for this, and it's why it seems like "the game version of freddy vs jason only with an extra character.", as you put it.

Theotheimpaler, good stuff man. I like what you've done with it. I had a similar idea to yours about how to handle Freddy's role in the story. Mine had him finding out about the Book of the Dead, and then attempting to find and use it to gain power over the waking world.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Wow. How observant.

Actually, there were talks that the sequal to Freddy vs Jason would feature Ash from the Evil Dead movies. That's where Theo got his inspiration for this, and it's why it seems like "the game version of freddy vs jason only with an extra character.", as you put it.

Theotheimpaler, good stuff man. I like what you've done with it. I had a similar idea to yours about how to handle Freddy's role in the story. Mine had him finding out about the Book of the Dead, and then attempting to find and use it to gain power over the waking world.
    Thanks Cyberxion, I've already started making some misc. models in G-max(animation tool). I made a coal skuttle (something that might be lying around) I was going to make a few more odd items you find lying around, but instead started on weapons, I couldn't resist. I got some basics for weapons, so far I've made some dynamite and a shovel and in the middle of the shotgun. I also started on a location. I've made the begining of Crystal Lake, only the lake part but just experimenting with the water effects I got. Also, I am concetrating on ash at the moment, I've an idea seeing as he always likes to make stuff perhaps a blacksmith option where he can find meaningless objects around, but if smithyied would be of a great help, also a reference to AoD being that maybe the wizards back there gave him a book of alchemy that he could take advantage of(magical ammo?) I've got so many ideas but if truth be told I'll probably only use a handful of them even though I'd love to use them all, I have a load morre ideas for freddy lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

[feelstupid] Um wow... [/feelstupid]

Up until this point, I thought Ash was the pokemon guy

I'll set aside 5 or 6 minutes for you all to poke fun at me...GO!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    [feelstupid] Um wow... [/feelstupid]

Up until this point, I thought Ash was the pokemon guy

I'll set aside 5 or 6 minutes for you all to poke fun at me...GO!
    lol, maybe that might be a better idea. Don't worry I shan't prod fun at you.

The fruits of a night's work lol, I still think I haven't got freddy's hat just right, plus I need to sort out some shading effects

Thanks

Why don't u try to make some 2D graphics like the great Splatter house saga?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by P.K.Dick2000
    Why don't u try to make some 2D graphics like the great Splatter house saga?
    I thought about it and just decided to go all out, plus I've generally been doing more in 3-D graphics. Btw, loved the splatterhouse games.

Mikey_ Guest

hey theo, do you know how to make guns on gmax?

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't make it with just one shape, you have to make different parts of the gun with different shapes, and group them.

Give me till tommorow and I'll post a six shooter with a few hints,

Thanks

That looks pretty cool.. I have been thinking of getting into 3D modeling and learning programs like Maya or 3dsmax.