Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: rpgs?

Thanks

I have heard quite a bit about Planetscape: Torment but I have never played it myself.

Is it as good as you guys mention?

Thanks

U can start with Final Fantasy VII

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suopermanni
    I have heard quite a bit about Planetscape: Torment but I have never played it myself.

Is it as good as you guys mention?
    Planescape. And yes, it most certainly is. Get it. Now.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Skinner8, you're on the right way to convince me to "dig" out my Torment CDs, and to play the game again!

Thanks

wow all those posts and like a whole 2 of the m mentiond FF which the ones i have played i liked also i like star ocean 2 i wanna get a ps2 so i can play my games again *tears* my playstation busted but im not sure if i wanna spend the money to buy a ps2 when probably this time next year theres gonna be some new hand held thats just as good......lol

Thanks

hmm..... get Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... "Any console appreciated" you say... then here I come:

All of the "Tales of..." games - I recommend starting with Tales of Phantasia for SNES, great game
    All Star Ocean games (there are many Star Ocean games, for SNES,PSX,PS2 and even Gameboy )
    Valkyrie Profile - for PSX, great battle system, and interesting story, but only if you manage to finish the game with the best ending... there are 3 endings
    Fallout 1-2 (PC) - no comment... best RPG ever made for PC
    Arx Fatalis - fantasy rpg, it's fun cuz you have to eat and you can also cook your own food
    Anachronox - the developers of Anox had a good sense of humour, I couldn't stop laughing

Try one of these, you won't regret it. And have fun!

Thanks

American RPG's > Japanese RPG's imo.

But anyways there are too many RPG's accross all systems to name,perhaps you can be more specific as to what "kind" of rPG's you like.

I personally like Stragety/RPG's and American RPG's (NWN,Baldurs Gate,Icewind Dale,etc) .

Alusnova

Thanks

I am personally a huge fan of all the "Tales" games. Symphonia has a great story, and the series has a really addictive battle system.

The Fire Emblem series is also pretty fun, but that's technically a Strategy/RPG, if you're interested in them. They all have really good storylines.

Thanks

I recommend Skies of Arcadia, which is on both Dreamcast and Gamecube, it's one of my favorite games of all time. Of course, I really don't know what you like in an RPG, so it might not be your cup of tea.

Thanks

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Don't let the Disney part turn you off, they're great games!

Thanks

i recommend seiken densetsu 3 for snes... a good old rpg... play it... many classes... and many fun.
    Please help reseed KIng of FIghters Kyo!!!

RESEED KOF KYO (very hard to get iso)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslime
    I am personally a huge fan of all the "Tales" games. Symphonia has a great story, and the series has a really addictive battle system.

The Fire Emblem series is also pretty fun, but that's technically a Strategy/RPG, if you're interested in them. They all have really good storylines.
    Yes! Tales simply rules!
    No! I don't have a Gamecube...

I first played Fire Emblem on the SNES. It was Japanese, though, so I didn't make very much of it. On the other hand, I couldn't put down the GBA version for quite some time. Even better than Advance Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticMan
    Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Don't let the Disney part turn you off, they're great games!
    Well, it acutally did. I'm quite sure I not going to play Kingdom Hearts, the cause is a lack of certain machinery (this mean PS2), but I tried out Chain of Memories. And the battle system wasn't half bad. Maybe I'll give it a chance sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Agreed. BEST. GAME. EVER. Hell, this one I played without interruption. And I mean it. Sometimes I had to go to sleep just not to die from exhaustion, but that's it. The only other game that had me addicted this much was Fallout 2. If it had less bugs, it could outclass Torment (disregarding the graphics) But, as of now, I've started that game 6 times already, and I got stuck before the end, thanks to the bugs. It is most likely due to the fact that I haven't yet tried it with the latest patch I have now.

Looks like it's time for another six rounds of mutant whippin'.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslime

Yes, yes, Tales games are the best, the BEST... I still can't forget that moment in ToP when I rushed at Dhaos with Cless, shouting "Ougi Majinken Kogahazan!"... ahh, good ol' days... Reputation already given to Darkslime

Thanks

Looking over my psx discs i realize im kinda a series nut. So lets see whats sitting in my bin.

Breath of Fire series (1 and 2 on SNES, 3 and 4 on psx) Skip the ps2 one

Tales of, been mentioned a lot. Really fun battles that consist of bum rushin casters (tales of phantasia snes been fully translated to english, destiny and eternia aka destiny 2 both on psx, symphonia on GC)

Lunar I and II, sega cd or psx.

Wild arms, 1 and 2 on psx, 3 on ps2. Personally i think 2 is the best of the bunch. Excellent puzzles in dungeons.

Star Oceans, 1 on snes is now fully translated to english. 2 is psx, 3 is ps2. Another fun battle system more caster beat downs

suikodens, 1 is real old school, along with wild arms 1 they are the first rpgs for the playstation. 2 also on psx is the best of the bunch, fyi you can unlock some cool stuff by using your save from suikoden 1. 3 is ps2, and just skip 4. I could sum up the whole game on a postcard . The real draw is finding all 108 characters(not all are usable in battle, but all serve some function)

final fantasy, snes or psx. bah who needs a reason

secret of mana for snes, and lufia 2 for snes.

if ya like strategy rpgs, tactics ogre for psx, final fantasy tactics psx, shining force genesis or gba. Arc the lad for psx, and although i wasnt overly impressed growlansers for ps2 werent too shabby.

Odd obscure PC rpg... Septerra Core. or Knights of the Old Republic for XBOX or PC. Hvent grabbed the sequel but here its more of the same goodness.