Page 56 of 160 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks

Finished watching Monster, now moving on to Eureka 7. From what I've seen so far, it seems like a decent show.

By the way, anyone know anything that's similar to Monster?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Finished watching Monster, now moving on to Eureka 7. From what I've seen so far, it seems like a decent show.

By the way, anyone know anything that's similar to Monster?
    No idea about Monster, but Eureka Seven you should watch. The first 10 episodes reveal nothing about the plot and are only there to introduce characters and develop the interaction between them. Beyond that, it becomes a great show that no one should miss.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chrno Crusade. Put Death Note on hold til I can put it on a DVD.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Watching Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Thanks
    EP Points

Finished watching Code Geass. Awesome on so many levels. And that's coming from someone who usually doesn't like mecha shows.

I'm watching Jigoku Shoujo at the moment. Almost all the episodes are the same, only the victim is different. I guess the only thing that makes me keep watching is the journalist character and his daughter. And the fact that they won't appear in the second season is pretty disappointing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'm watching Jigoku Shoujo at the moment. Almost all the episodes are the same, only the victim is different. I guess the only thing that makes me keep watching is the journalist character and his daughter. And the fact that they won't appear in the second season is pretty disappointing.
    The second half of the season (and especially the last arc) have a lot more plot to them. Worth the effort to watch? I thought so, but I'm a massive mark for the whole underlying "is the sacrifice worth it?" theme.

At the moment I'm watching Starship Operators. Good series, shitty dub. Which I'm only using because my current pc throws a fit with external subtitles.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finished DN Angel some time ago, and I've started watching Futari wa Pretty Cure even though I'm still downloading it. It's a conventional mahou shoujo anime, but I still find it quite amusing. I'm also downloading a massive Slayers compendium of all shows, movies, and OVAs, since I found the first series moderately amusing, and Lodoss War TV, since Sakamoto Maaya did VA work and someone made the joking comment "Lodoss War is so much like AD&D that you practically expect someone to shout 'Deedlit, attack while you still have your THAC0 bonus!". And I'm a bit miffed about Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, since apparently no one's subbed anything after episode 33, and there's no indication anyone's willing to continue.
    Last edited by Mistral; 11th-August-2007 at 20:40.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Now watching Trigun (again). Poor Vash seems to get into all kinds of trouble (mostly, seemingly, through no fault of his own)...

Thanks

Watching Last Exile currently after a couple of recommendations. Up till episode 7 and I'm very impressed.

Thanks

Saw the first ep of Afro Samurai.
    This show kicks ass, I'm gonna watch the whole series, too bad it's only 5 eps long.

Thanks

Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist. I just can't get enough of either of them <3
    *Still in the process of trying to come up with a signature that's not lame*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    anime stuff
    watch lodoss war ova first as it did come out before the tv show.
    mermaid melody was licensed by adv possible reason for no subs.
    i got halfway through slayers try and it got very repetitive i may revisit it but not anytime soon.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well ive seen and heard people talk about Lucky Star, so I decided to see wtf it is and wtf its about.

Yet anoter random humor anime with no stroyplot. I like it

I laughed my ass off at the first episode seeing Guile
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skakidd View Post
    mermaid melody was licensed by adv possible reason for no subs.
    That is the reason, but there's a nasty catch - the license was dropped when the TV deal ADV tried to pitch to the networks fell through, but no one picked up on subbing it again. No fansubs, no official release. I'll keep the other suggestions in mind, though.

Also downloading Bottle Fairy, Starship Operators (Hypnos), and Gakuen Alice, and I've decided that while conventional in some respects, Precure is actually fundamentally irreverent in others. Stuff like "I just said something weird again" after the first transform or learning new attacks (reference trope: In the Name of the Moon), or beating up an enemy for interrupting an argument (and they don't even need to resolve the argument there, either).