Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2389

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks

Lupin the Third

Thanks

finished Naruto and Fairy Tail. next show: One Piece or Bleach?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Town Where You Live for my bad anime podcast.

I knew it was going to be bad based solely on who created the original manga (go look up the current madness that is the Fuuka manga), but I was not expecting it to be a terrible adaptation to boot. The editing in this show isn't bad, but it's incredibly confusing and distracting. Like, they sometimes use a pretty still illustration instead of actually animating something, and it's clearly an artistic choice and not simply a cost or time cutter, but it doesn't really work.

And then there's episode seven. Words fail me.

Spoiler warning:
    The entire plot up to this point, which took forever to establish, is that the MC's new best friend is the boyfriend of an old crush he chased to the city, and he decided he was going to win her back and told him after much angst because teenagers are stupid or something.

Oh, and the best friend has a terminal illness.

Episode seven has a character reveal there's a surgery that might give him a chance he's decided not to take, but he's eventually talked into it and the show builds this up like there's going to be interesting drama and conflict resulting from him not having a finite lifespan.

He dies in the surgery, AND the show fails to tell us this because there's a long, quiet sequence of the MC and the tomboy walking somewhere and then the tomboy leaves an umbrella for a homeless person, and then ...CUT TO SIGN STATING THAT THIS IS THE FUNERAL FOR THE GUY WHO DIED THAT YOU DIDN'T REALIZE WAS DEAD YET.

DID I MENTION THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE SHOW WAS THE MC WHINING ABOUT HIS DUMBASS STALKER CRUSH AND UNNECESSARY FLASHBACKS SO WE BARELY GOT TO KNOW THE FRIEND CHARACTER BEYOND "LIKES MOTORCYCLES"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Beast King GoLion, a series for children whose violence and brutality could only come from the early 80s.

Kids today never get to see people burning to death. We need to change that.

Thanks

SPRIGGAN ALL THE WAY
    Mutants Unite!

Thanks

Finished watching Monster now I'm contemplating whether or not to watch Log Horizon or Zetsuen no Tempest next..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vesperia55 View Post
    Finished watching Monster now I'm contemplating whether or not to watch Log Horizon or Zetsuen no Tempest next..
    Highly recommend Log Horizon, one of the few light novel shows that manages to make the world building into the actual story and stay engaging the whole way through. All the political skullduggery is, quite frankly, amazing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cowboy Bebop
    Holy dapperdoodles! You found me!
    The Danielle Otaka Show and other goodies: http://www.twitch.tv./danielleotaka

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Neo-Human Casshern

Thanks
    EP Points

Currently watched the first episode of Berserk (original show) First time watching anime.

Question: They show a woman being forced to drink whatever was spilled on the table. Is that kind of thing dominant throughout the series? It's one of the reasons I expect not to get into anime. If so, alternatives?

Thanks

I am watching Boruto, the latest yugioh vrains, Made in Abyss (love this one a lot), Shingeki no Bahamut and Katsugeki Touken Ranbu.

Made in Abyss is awesome though. I can't possibly love it more than I do presently.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I finished WHO IS IMOUTO (aka Nakaimo) for my bad anime podcast and it's a shame the anime didn't get to the actually horrible parts of this mess. The premise is that a guy is trying to find his little sister at a school while also trying to find his future wife because he's going to inherent his father's business. He keeps constantly being terrified he's going to marry his sister and the series plays out like a mystery thriller with harem shenanigans and a scene where the tsundere imagines herself...well, I'm not sure I can say it here.

It's bad. It's really bad. But the anime doesn't even get into it.

Also watching Highschool DxD for the Halloween special of said podcast and am horrified that I actually enjoy it unironically. It's a stupid light novel harem action show, but damn if it doesn't just how that its complete trash. The main character's horniness actually saves the day on multiple occasions, up to the point that he gains the inner strength to fight one of the strongest angels in existence because he was promised he could bit a boob.

IT'S THE GREATEST MOMENT IN ANIME HISTORY.

Spoiler warning:

Also this is the first conversation the main character has with the king of Hell and

Spoiler warning:

Last edited by JKDarkside; 2nd-October-2017 at 01:02. Reason: disable smilies

Thanks

I am watching My Hero Academia 2

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm now watching Dragon Ball Super and English dubbed verison of Pokemon Black & White

i prefer old design of Pokemon from Original (where it all started as Ash meet Pikachu and it goes on) to XY, not new one as seen in Pokemon Sun & Moon

Thanks
    EP Points

Doraemon (1979). Some of the character models look weird if you're used to the manga or 2005 anime.