Page 37 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Which anime are you currently watching?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    Heh maybe the guys that did the subtitles for the 20 One Piece episodes i'm watching now are the same ones that did your Transformers Headmasters finale. They are called XeNo-HK.
    Well I usually downloaded them from TV-Nihon(amazing subbers btw) but this was a proffesionally made DVD box set on retail in the UK. Now here is my beef with it they used small white font throughout making it really hard to read especially when a white background showed up.

Also the subs were allover the place when people werent talking subs would appear. Now there is this huge major plot point on the weakness of Mega Zarak. What happens 3 episodes before that episode where it is revealed these dumbfucks put the whole text in an action sequence where nobody is talking.

Thanks

I'm watching Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu. It's old, but I hadn't had a chance to watch it, and it's very good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Springer
    Well I usually downloaded them from TV-Nihon(amazing subbers btw) but this was a proffesionally made DVD box set on retail in the UK. Now here is my beef with it they used small white font throughout making it really hard to read especially when a white background showed up.

Also the subs were allover the place when people werent talking subs would appear. Now there is this huge major plot point on the weakness of Mega Zarak. What happens 3 episodes before that episode where it is revealed these dumbfucks put the whole text in an action sequence where nobody is talking.
    Well after watching a few episodes subbed by Xeno HK i've noticed that they have completely different translations for the "last Time on One Piece" sequence at the beginning of an episode than what the translations were in the previous episode beforehand. They have no idea what the term consistent is I bet.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Yeah but they arent getting paid to do it. These guys who are supposedly proffesionals cant even hold a candle to TV Nihon guys who do it in their spare time its a joke.

I am watching Guyver-The Bio Boosted Armour tis a remake of my fav anime series of all time I dont know if it is following the exact same path been awhile since I have seen the original. Pretty good so far.

Thanks

I've always preferred fansubs to the "official" ones, as those fans who sub are really dedicated to the series so they think about their translations more.

~ love me ~

<marquee>I don't want to put a marquee in my sig!</marquee>

Thanks

Yeah like GeruSama and kaizoku-fansubs basically translate almost all of the series of One Piece and KF are working diligently to fully translate all the eps that Xeno-Hk and a few other subbers fucked up even though they currently aren't the ones translating the newer episodes that GeruSama are. Though I have yet to see any eps from GS I've heard that they are in just as good quality as KF ones.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

The anime club which I'm on the committee of actually has an affiliated subbing group, so while they won't let me help at the moment I do see some of what goes on behind the scenes (and occasionally QC). There's a lot of staying up until 4am or pulling an all-nighter just to get that next episode out before class.

~ love me ~

Thanks

Well you have to be very fluent with informal and formal Japanese. Formal is basically what you are taught in school/university and informal you usually have to learn yourself either by watching lots of anime or by atually living in Japan and learning from the locals.

Thanks

I wish I'd had a chance to learn Japanese, but my school didn't offer it and there's no time for me now as I'm doing a double degree with 25 contact hours a week. The translators for this particular subbing group are actually Japanese and half-Japanese, so they are quite experienced when it comes to understanding subtle nuances.

~ love me ~

Thanks

Well the subber group Xeno HK apparently just used the language translator called Babelfish, which being a program is highly faulty when it comes to the true mechanics of language translations.

Thanks

I watch Neon Genisis Evangelion Platium on dvd. But Adv films (German) is so shit they would first relase the last vol. on 5 December and they say they reales it in March I hate them so

Thanks

Finished GTO. Now onto Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai.

Thanks

Azumanga Daioh!

Thanks

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    Well the subber group Xeno HK apparently just used the language translator called Babelfish, which being a program is highly faulty when it comes to the true mechanics of language translations.
    I'd never watch anything from a group that cares as little as that! It sounds terrible.

~ love me ~