Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This question has been bothering me for a while...

Thanks

We would die or be permanetly handicaped. Have you ever tryed to look in two places with one on each. The optic receptors would go amuck and cause a few possiblities. One would be death, the next possibly blind in one of the eyes, the last being you would only be able to use one at a time and somehow we would adapt after a few centuries, where we could only open one eye at a time.
    "The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies."-Napoleon I

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."-Josef Stalin

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."-Adolf Hitler

"If the Gods want to punish us, they answer our prayers."-Oscar Wilde

"Tryanny comes in many forms but it is only through good men that we see the error of Tryanical Ways."-My Own

Thanks

You'd become an herbivore?

Thanks

umm what does that have to do with anything and eyes should stay put plus there so fun to squish between your toes (ooh eye jam

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by achilles1785
    umm what does that have to do with anything and eyes should stay put plus there so fun to squish between your toes (ooh eye jam
    The eye position of herbivores differs from that of carnivores and omnivores. In the case of carnivores and omnivores, the location of the eyes is the result of the fact that depth perception from telescopic sight is more important in catching the prey, and thus the eyes are positioned forward, with a greater overlap (As in humans or wolves). In the case of herbivores, however, depth perception is not so important, but a greater peripheral vision is invaluable in locating and avoiding predators, and thus, the eyes are located further to the sides, with less overlap but more area covered. As was said earlier, depth perception can still be achieved with slightly less capability, an acceptable tradeoff for herbivores, but not carnivores.
    TRANSLATION: KnightofNachos made a joke. Everyone laugh politely.

Interestingly enough, I found the hard way what happens when your eyes start taking in differing information when my right glasses lens popped out this morning and I had to try to find the relevant screw in a thick carpet. Considering that my sight is abysmal (at their thickest point, my glasses lenses are over a centimeter thick), I found my brain could adapt, with some difficulty and concentration, to making everything look somewhat normal, but then I couldn't do anything like search for a screw 3-4 millimeters long. I'd expect it'd be still worse if the eyes were taking in different origin scenes and still trying to process them as though they were the same, but given the difference as it had been, I can't say it would have been too much worse.
    Last edited by Mistral; 16th-January-2005 at 05:47.

Thanks

How would your perhrial vison be I wonder?

Thanks

I would just like to say 1 thing. This thread has made me laugh the hardest I have all day. If only we had a rating system.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um...we do, don't we? Rate Thread in the upper left corner for the thread as a whole, or those scales next to the date posted, post number, and the Report Post icon, for the poster in question.

Thanks

User ratings that is...

Anyways, I actually asked my chem teacher this today, and she took it seriously. She's a stoner, I swear.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    User ratings that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    ...or those scales next to the date posted...for the poster in question.
    You can also see another person's rating category (but not the specific value) by holding the cursor over the green box next to the person's username. In addition to that, by entering the User CP, you can see the reputation points you have received and the posts you received them for, as well as a reason if the giver wrote one.

Here, I'll give you get a postive rating just to show you that it's possible...well, I'll open the window for you. I've not paid much attention to ratings, and haven't actually given any out before.

Thanks

That's not the same as the old user ratings, though. With those, you gave a member a rating on a scale from 1 to 5, and it was more about how much you liked that member as a whole, yes?

Not that I see how the reputation points system would be worth any less in this situation, but yeah.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Internet Explorer!
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks

okay so the other one was based on popularity then what is this based on and how does it change with growth is there a faq on this somewhere

the eye thing been thinking about it also thanks about the herbivore bit I still don't think it's relevant but I guess that's what gives it meaning any animal made like that was better off dead and if there was then it's pretty much dead know matter of fact I don't understand the reasoning behind taking a persons eye out keeping it wet and trying to figure out whether or not they can see out of it if it's wrapped around to the back of their heads its kinda creepy
    some days you just want to blow something up

Thanks

You can also see another person's rating category (but not the specific value) by holding the cursor over the green box next to the person's username. In addition to that, by entering the User CP, you can see the reputation points you have received and the posts you received them for, as well as a reason if the giver wrote one.

Here, I'll give you get a postive rating just to show you that it's possible...well, I'll open the window for you. I've not paid much attention to ratings, and haven't actually given any out before.
    I never noticed that. I was referring to the star thing skinner pointed out too.