Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Sony-style fuck-up: defective PSP's...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I just tried to find it and ended up with the same link. Sorry, my memory failed me.

Thanks

i already read that topic, thats where i get the info on the battery life of the psp from. and its your opinion if you like action and adventure more then story filled games. and yes, i have play advance war. i still prefer fftactic advance better. and if you don't know anything about the loading disk, i will tell you, the more the disk spins the more the battery it use. rpg games takes less battery, since its a long time between loadings. i mostly play rpg and ds has crap. i was gonna point you to the same topic. but yead, read the end if its too long for you. i'll just summerize it for you. the battery dies at 4hours and 45min.

Thanks
    EP Points

The DS has plenty of RPGs... Just as many as the PSP if not more.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gamespot said 90 minutes to 3 hours.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1340-4-6-x

Wheres your 4 hours link?

Ridge Racers loads for about 15 seconds up front, and from there, getting into or out of a race takes another 10 to 15 seconds.
    Now, say you're going to get 100 minutes out of the game. For arguments sake, lets say the races last 5 minutes. That's 20 races for battery charge. However, the game loads for 10 to 15 seconds. Lets make that 15. (easier for the maths) 30 seconds a race then. (in and out)
    So for half a minute during each race you'll be loading. That means you'll get just 18 races from your charge.

I do accept these are extremes and that you should get more than that. However, even if the charge lasted longer than 3 hours (200 mins) you'd get just 36.36 races.

(Didn't realise a new page had started when I edited)

No one reads the last page, it's a fact.

However, 4-5 hours as you claim is still a very short lifetime.

Thanks

are you kidding me, if your talking about baten kaitos(remake), ff:cc(remake), and xenosaga(remake). the pokemons, the megaman, and the animal crossing(if you consider those rpg). what i mean is real rpg, like tales of eternia(remake), Ys, and the ffvii spinoffs.

Dave: if you even read what i wrote, you would know that i never said that your racer or whatever game was 4 hours, i said the average game is. and the link is the one you posted, or didn't you read it?
    Last edited by DomonX; 15th-December-2004 at 18:38.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RPGs don't make a console. Usually its the variety of games that make or break a console. However in the PSP's case, the main focus is on the hardware itself not being any good, and not the games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Still, I really wonder about the battery life. I wish Gamespot said how they came up with the 90 minutes to 3 hours on Ridge Racers.

Lik-Sang has an article were the writter states that after a whole day of playing, with 50% brightness and 50% volume, the battery lasted 6 hours and 3 minutes. I guess the brightness really hurts the battery alot. But the brightess level is just unncessary. The lowest is apparently fine enough. It's about as bright as the DS is.

Oh and the article: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3548

Thanks

dude, lets look at the past, sony has always made inferior hardware, thats a fact. they make it up by having lots of games. and they always have more rpg then the other console, and they always outsell the other console. ps kill n64, ps2 killed gc. why? not because of hardware but because of games, mainly rpgs. look at squareenix, all of their release break into the top ten most seller for that week, even remakes break a record. i dont' see any mario remake that sells at a huge amount.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm the 2 best selling games in the west this year were Halo2 and GTASA. The best RPG's I've ever played.

Thanks
    EP Points

90 Minutes is probably with volume, brightness max and wi-fi on. 3 Hours without wi-fi at least. Note: The DS doesnt have its access on all the time

Thanks
    EP Points

You mean the PSP right?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DomonX
    and gundamguy, so your only saying that millions people will be tick off "if" they have a flaw one, so you don't know for a fact that they are flawed or not. i can say the same thing. millions of DS owner will be tick off if they get a flawed.
    I never said they would not be ticked did i...
    Fact of the matter is, their are not millions of Flawed DS's.. the only reported DS flaw is the Dead pixal, and you cant blame Nintendo for that..

and the being drop from 2+ ft thing is just stupid, i wouldn't drop any system.

First, its the PSP... as in PlayStation Portable. Second, you go out side with it, and are just standing their and Oh no someone not watching where they are going bumps in to you and you drop your PSP... Accidents happen, whether or not you intend them to. Farther more Sony forgot one major thing when desing the PSP... it need's to be able to stand up to these little accidents.

and the UMD poping out might be a good thing. since if its stay in , it will damage the lens.
    First you know no idea how the drive works. Second, it will damage the disk to be ejected while in motion. Third the Disk Drive stands a good chance of being broken if the UMD pop's out and the drive opens when it's dropped.

[Evil plan]

I should accidently bump people who are walking around playing their PSP... so it falls and get's scratched/Breaks.

[/Evil Plan]
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 15th-December-2004 at 21:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

do you seriouly don't know the price or do you just try to make the psp look bad, its only 199. and every handheld has dead pixle. your pc probaly has dead pixle, are you gonna throw it away and get a new monitor?
    I seriously didn't know the price, thanks for enlightening me.

Every handheld doesn't have a dead pixel, my SP doesn't and the replacement DS doesn't either. My laptop doesn't have a dead one either, but if it did, yes, it would have gone back.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

are you kidding me, if your talking about baten kaitos(remake), ff:cc(remake), and xenosaga(remake). the pokemons, the megaman, and the animal crossing(if you consider those rpg). what i mean is real rpg, like tales of eternia(remake), Ys, and the ffvii spinoffs.
    Uhh, you really do sound like a fanboy :eyeball: You seem to be ripping into the DS for having remakes and non-true RPGs, then you point out that the PSP is getting the same thing... It's a simple fact that the DS has more RPGs upcoming, no matter how you slice it.

Here's everything upcoming
    http://www.rpgfan.com/releasedates.html

Read it, know what the games are before you flame me for insulting you.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

you actually us rpgfan's release date? man, i though you know about rpg. rpgfan has faster news and stuff, but their release date is crap. btw, their missing crisis core and tales of melfes. those are the only two i can think of when seeing that list. there are probaly more. the only remake is tales of eternia, and about a handfull of people has the original psx copy (including me). the others are never release outside of japan. and half of DS rpg is remake. and you can call me whatever you want, i can't stop you. people think that being call a fanboy is an insult but the your in this conversation so how would you describe yourself(probaly not a fanboy). but yead, iam a 2 year old sony fanboy.

gundamguy, like you say, millions of DS isn't flawed, millions of psp isn't flawed either, so when you say that millions of psp owner are going to get piss off if they have a flawed one, your just twisting words to make the psp look bad.

and sprung, iam sorry for my wrong price estimate, its more of 185 for the bundle and about 30bucks cheaper for the normal. so it would be the same prices as the DS.

why do you think gta and halo2 are the best seller? because squareenix didn't relase any ps2 rpg this holiday. wait until kingdom heart2, ffxii, and dragon quest viii come out. and your smart to put the word "west" in there because you know for a fact that dragonquest viii sales would have beat the crap out of halo2 sales, even with the population differents there are still as much copied of dragonquest viii sold as halo2.
    Last edited by DomonX; 16th-December-2004 at 01:29.