Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sony-style fuck-up: defective PSP's...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DomonX
    the bad pixle thing is true, only one or two, you can't even see it unless you try really hard. every thing else is crap, even if its true, there will be millions of customer who rather have a bad psp then no psp. beside, thats why its good for us non jap. they will find out major problem and fix it by the time for the US release. On the other hand, if a handheld(hint!) come out in the US first, we would have to deal with all the crap and the jap. gamer will get an improve version,
    Um... No... Millions of people would be royally ticked off if they had a flawed PSP(all that money for a flawed system)... Also... they might not be able to fix all the problems and release it anytime soon... ergo to be competive with the DS... they might rush the US release even if it has flaws...

Stop being such a Fanboy and admit it, Sony made a few mistakes, and it has serious defects.

(hint!)... the DS did not have any major flaws... OWNED...
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 15th-December-2004 at 02:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy

And the ones that are manufacturally defective, are quickly replaced with gracious apology from Nintendo.

Thanks

Um... No... Millions of people would be royally ticked off if they had a flawed PSP(all that money for a flawed system)... Also... they might not be able to fix all the problems and release it anytime soon... ergo to be competive with the DS... they might rush the US release even if it has flaws...

Stop being such a Fanboy and admit it, Sony made a few mistakes, and it has serious defects.

ah........WFT!!!!?

you don't even know if all this crap is true are not, how the hell do you even know if the millions of people who bough this got ticked off? and your telling me that iam a fan boy? what i said a bove is all true, if a system is flaw in the jap. release they will fixed it for the US release, common sense. they have serveral months. your saying as if its a fact that the psp is defective. for all you know its some ds "fanboy" like yourself is making all this crap up.

oh, i forgot, who was the one that was bitching at me for mentioning psp in a DS topic? and yet nobody said anything about this one. why is that?

Thanks
    EP Points

200000 PSPs, thats it for launch. Nothing more

And if its defective, its going back into the box lol.
    Dead pixels dont worry me really.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    Dead pixels dont worry me really.
    Really? Man it is broke.

How much? 299? 399? for a broke device? No thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

ah........WFT!!!!?

you don't even know if all this crap is true are not, how the hell do you even know if the millions of people who bough this got ticked off? and your telling me that iam a fan boy? what i said a bove is all true, if a system is flaw in the jap. release they will fixed it for the US release, common sense. they have serveral months. your saying as if its a fact that the psp is defective. for all you know its some ds "fanboy" like yourself is making all this crap up.

oh, i forgot, who was the one that was bitching at me for mentioning psp in a DS topic? and yet nobody said anything about this one. why is that?
    Saddly, you might have a point... had you read what i said.

Um... No... Millions of people would be royally ticked off if they had a flawed PSP(all that money for a flawed system)...
    Notice the Big If... I did not say millions of people are ticked off, or that the system is flawed at all, i said, people will be ticked of IF their PSP is flawed.
    what i said a bove is all true, if a system is flaw in the jap. release they will fixed it for the US release, common sense. they have serveral months.
    It took a few years to develop and they are going to fix all the problems, in the month or two before it starts getting manufactured in the US to meet the Q1 release... not likely. Not to say it couldent happen, but it's not likely that Sony will spend the 1,000's of dollars nessary to fix the system's inherant manufacturing/Structural flaws this late in the game...

your saying as if its a fact that the psp is defective. for all you know its some ds "fanboy" like yourself is making all this crap up.
    Their is at least one know and proven flaw.. and the UMD disk poping out because of a slight twist of the wrist/ being droped from 2+ feet is not a good thing.

BTW... the reasion i am concerned with the PSP's flaws is, that im planning to get one, some where down the line. Most likely after the price war's drop it's cost.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 15th-December-2004 at 04:01.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

The DS also had the dead pixel problem. You can't blame Sony on that one. Blame Sharp and nobody else.

And I'm still sceptical about some of these problem. I want an official confirmation from Sony or words from IGN or Gamespot.
    Last edited by crusher; 15th-December-2004 at 09:41.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    Really? Man it is broke.

How much? 299? 399? for a broke device? No thanks.
    do you seriouly don't know the price or do you just try to make the psp look bad, its only 199. and every handheld has dead pixle. your pc probaly has dead pixle, are you gonna throw it away and get a new monitor?

and gundamguy, so your only saying that millions people will be tick off "if" they have a flaw one, so you don't know for a fact that they are flawed or not. i can say the same thing. millions of DS owner will be tick off if they get a flawed.

and the being drop from 2+ ft thing is just stupid, i wouldn't drop any system. and the UMD poping out might be a good thing. since if its stay in , it will damage the lens.

and like crusher said, i am not going to bother with these accusation until i hear words from a reliable source.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't see the point in the PSP. I'd buy one to play on long train, coach etc journies. Or if I was out and about. However, with as little as 90 minutes battery life for the proper games, you'd have to buy an extra battery pack. And I'm quite sure they'd be expensive.
    Plus, it doesn't have SM64...

Oh, and Gundam Guy, Crusher stop the fanboyism please. It makes you look like 2 year olds.

Thanks

first, thank you for not including me in the list. please don't edit your post and add me in. anyway, the psp last at least 3-4 hours with full brightness while playing games. even when you watch movies it last over 2 hours. movies takes more battery than games. and the extra batt. pack is 50 bucks. iam not being a fan boy, just making sure everyone knows that fact.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I couldn't be bothered to add you. I could and should've done.
    Anyway, Sony have officially said that Ridge Racer will last anywhere between 90 minutes and 3 hours. Not good, not much point in buying either.

Thanks

i didn't get that first sentence, but if its an insult, F@CK YOU !!!!!!!

seriouly though. i didn't hear that,even if thats true i don't think that one game is gonna affect psp much, i didn't event hear of that game until you mention it. iam into rpg, so the batt. should last really long with rpg games, and the DS has almost no rpg. unless you count remake from the ps2 and DC.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

F@ck you too, whatever that means.
    If you can't be arsed to read a topic located three topics down then I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you in your ignorance.
    How does the DS having no RPG's affect the PSP's battery life? (rhetorical)
    The thing is, I'm not too keen on game storylines anyway (they're all shit, no exceptions) and keeping track of a story on the move doesn't seem like a good idea.
    You should try Advance Wars. It's the perfect example of turn-based battle on the move.
    The only thing on the PSP that appeals to me is the big screen. The games are just PS2 games made smaller. I don't see the point. Alright, the DS is N64 games but they were fun and are not so much in your recent memory.

And if you really care:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=25830

Might be too long a read for you though, so watch out.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Go away Dave I'm no fanboy. However it might be true that I defend the PSP a little too much. It probably is because...

A) Metal Gear Acid is the only game currently scheduled for either system that I really want.

B) Everyone nags on the PSP and well, sometimes they just speak out of their ass. Someone got to correct them, right?

And Dave, Gamespot reported that you can play Ridge Racers for about 4 hours. Not sure on what settings though. I've heard from other source saying 5-6 hours. I guess it depends on the brightness and volume.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gamespot said 90 minutes to 3 hours.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1340-4-6-x

Wheres your 4 hours link?

Ridge Racers loads for about 15 seconds up front, and from there, getting into or out of a race takes another 10 to 15 seconds.
    Now, say you're going to get 100 minutes out of the game. For arguments sake, lets say the races last 5 minutes. That's 20 races for battery charge. However, the game loads for 10 to 15 seconds. Lets make that 15. (easier for the maths) 30 seconds a race then. (in and out)
    So for half a minute during each race you'll be loading. That means you'll get just 18 races from your charge.

I do accept these are extremes and that you should get more than that. However, even if the charge lasted longer than 3 hours (200 mins) you'd get just 36.36 races.
    Last edited by D; 15th-December-2004 at 18:31.