Thread: StarCraft: THE TACTICS DEBATE THREAD.

Thanks

Default StarCraft: THE TACTICS DEBATE THREAD.

Yes. So. General Gaming is being pretty boring recently, since people only post in like 3 threads, so my suggestion is that you people start discussing things here. Strategies in games, interpretations of storylines, what ever.

To start things off.... I like Terrans. They're the best. And carriers equal instant win.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Battlecruisers own Carriers. All you need is 2 groups of them, and nothing in the GAME can stop them. Carriers - all the interceptors die really fast. Scourge - if you want to spend all of your money/supply limit on them, you can do it, but then you've got nothing, and most of them won't make it close enough anyways. They just smash everyone.

As for tactics... well, all I ever did was just build a massie wall of bunkers/missile turrets/siege tanks around the base until I could get 24 BC's, and then I won. I haven't played in a long time, though.
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    Battlecruisers own Carriers. All you need is 2 groups of them, and nothing in the GAME can stop them.
    Not even three groups of Battlecruisers? *Colon three*
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Uncle Evil Guest

I personaly think the wraith is better than the BC's cause they are quicker, faster, cheaper, and have cloak. yes the BC's are more powerfull but they are slow and it takes forever to build them, by the time you build up a very small fleet of them someone else could get a very large fleet of the wraiths and take your base out before you have enough BC's to realy do any defense

Thanks

Wraiths die against anything on the ground (that has anti-air capabilities..), though. And one Battlecruiser could still take out a lot of Wraiths.

And no one uses Battlecruisers for base defence, anyway..

Thanks

Granted, 3 groups of BC's could take out my 2, but then, 1) They wouldn't have any base defenses at ALL, 2) they would have no SCV's to repair, build, or get money, and 3) Hopefully, you don't let your enemy live long enough to get that many of them.

Also, I keep a science vessel with each unit - cloaking is futile.
    "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn't one I'll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it's worth it."

Thanks

Hmmn. How many Valkyries would it take to wipe out those two groups of Battlecruisers? Not that many, I would think...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    Hmmn. How many Valkyries would it take to wipe out those two groups of Battlecruisers? Not that many, I would think...
    If your enemy happens to be terran, and they happen to have I'd say around 3 or 4 units of valkyries, they'd have a chance, I suppose. I've never actually played against someone who did that, though... most people I've played against are Zerg or Protoss... they really don't stand a chance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo
    If your enemy happens to be terran, and they happen to have I'd say around 3 or 4 units of valkyries, they'd have a chance, I suppose. I've never actually played against someone who did that, though... most people I've played against are Zerg or Protoss... they really don't stand a chance.
    Oh yeah. Maybe some Protoss Scouts (and/or Corsairs? Don't know much about those) would have a chance if used well enough, or maybe high templars... The Battlecruisers certainly would have a big advantage, though.

Thanks

Scouts don't fire fast enough, and corsairs don't do enough damage. High templars work, but you'd need a lot of them, and the BC's would have to be clumped together. The only main problem with amassing large numbers of BC's is that it takes entirely too long. The enemy can have you on your knees easily before you get them.

Thanks

Hah Terrans are weak! Zerg is the way to go!

I like to line up 50 or so hive/nests in a row and mass produce hydras, then I build up mutas so I can take out those pesky photon cannons and anti air sites. Then I send in the hydras and the battles practically won.

Thanks

Ghost with lock-down and early detection our your friends against carriers.

Thanks

Thanks

I like terran the best, just because I find protoss so ridiculously easy, and terran is the only race IMO that is difficult for me to micro.

I usually just play lost temple and some hunters, so I don't usually end up with battlecruisers.

I usually start off with rines/medics, then I build some tanks and goliaths, and then I usually drop.

I don't like going carriers/battlecruisers because I find it way to easy to dominate newbies with them, but way to difficult to dominate good players with them(templars, arbiters, valks, wraiths etc.).

Yeah.