Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony PSP Launched With Long Queues In Akihabara

Thanks

Default Sony PSP Launched With Long Queues In Akihabara

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl...25249&from=rss

Posted by timothy on Sunday December 12, @02:04AM
    from the modern-epic-tale-of-survival dept.
    Juergen writes "At 7 a.m. JST, the first shops in Tokyo's 'Electric City' Akihabara opened their doors and sold the brand-new Sony PSP to the long queues of gamers (Mirror) who had waited already for more than 24 hours in a chilly 5 degrees Celsius."
    Meh...

5 attempts to post.

Thanks

What a mediocre note...

I mean, no details...? How many people were there...? Who got the first unit...? What kind of �ber leet gifts did he get...? A review on the system's peformance...?

Sheesh...

I'm not mad at you, Soeru...

Thanks

What's the point of telling us how many tries you needed to post the thread...? Everyone knows about the bug, get over it. Posting a "asdfasdfasdf" "3o4ubv3o5aerv" sort of thread and then quickly editing it to what I want it to be never gives me any trouble, on that note.

I also fully agree with the above post.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6114900.html

Like many other major retailers in Japan, Yodobashi did not take PSP pre-orders ahead of time. <b>As a result, over 1,200 hopeful game fans lined up throughout the long, cold night, some taking up their position as early as 3PM the previous day.</b> By the time the store opened, the quiet crowd snaked around two blocks. Interestingly enough, the line at this particular store seemed to continue growing even after the store started selling the PSP, the six launch games, and other assorted accessories. With overall supplies for Japan said to be in the neighborhood of 200,000 PSPs, it seems almost certain that this initial stock will disappear quickly
    Not the same store as Slashdot reported from...

Thanks

Heh, guess I won't be using /. for gaming news now.

Skinner, in case you are too dull to notice, I add that at the end of every failed attempt at posting since I have to change the post so it won't be rejected. And yes, sometimes my grammar is perfect.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Skinner, in case you are too dull to notice, I add that at the end of every failed attempt at posting since I have to change the post so it won't be rejected. And yes, sometimes my grammar is perfect.
    As I said, you can quite simply post a short random keyboard mashing sort of thread and then edit it to what you want. That seems pretty sure to work at once. Good job with the grammar, though. Gold stars indeed.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    Lolzorz.

... I seriously think it's going to be the other way around. There's a huge shortage of PSP's, and X-mas is coming up, so I think many people will be buying DS's instead.

A shame though, as I could care less for online gaming with a handheld. The PSP looks so much sleeker and apparently has better graphics, plus the games come in those funky disks. Too bad that Metal Gear Acid game seems boring though... but so does Sonic DS, so there, I hate both handhelds.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's great. Then leave them to those who care.

I'm going to get my pre-order set up as soon as Gamestop starts thier pre-order service. Though, considering there's still no firm U.S release date for the PSP, who knows when that will be....

Thanks
    EP Points

Like i said, ill have a full side by side comparison of the DS vs PSP when my PSP comes

Thanks
    EP Points

Sony said that they will make an announcement regarding the price and US/EU release very early next year.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, sure. That's not very promising. Especially considering the fact that they were only able to launch two-hundred thousand units in Japan. I'd be surpised if this thing comes out in March, as people seem to think. If it does, great. I'm not gonna hold my breath though...

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah I believe they will get it out. This "only be able to manufacture 200,000 PSP" blabla is just a typical Sony strategy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Um, yeah. And do you remember how hard it was to find a PS2 for half a year after it was released?

They might be able to make the alleged March release, but I'm not counting on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

No to tell the truth, I don't remember. PS2 was released in November here. I knew it wouldn't get a first batch console but I got one from the second batch. Around February I think...

But I do know what you mean. I've heard people talking about it. Yet again, that also could've been a Sony strategy...