Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Mega Drive/Genesis emulator!!

Thanks

Default A New Mega Drive/Genesis emulator!!

A NEW Genesis emu has just gonna out to the big WWW, its name is RazorX2004

The oficial web is http://www.emuhx.pt.vu but has it is currently down, the backupage it http://emuhx.com.sapo.pt/razorx/razorx.htm

The emulator still doesnt have many options, graphics or controllers options, save load etc, but already has sound and a very good speed and compatibility.

May i remember that this its is first ever public release, its next one will be at the end of this month i hope, and it will have alot of new stuff.

For more info, download and screenshots visit the official webpage!

Thanks

So... Are you the creator of this or something? There are plenty of good Genesis emulators about already, otherwise. Just wondering.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, I'm wondering that myself. I wonder why someone would bother signing up, just to tell us about an emulator that's not nearly as well featured as the alternatives. Maybe he's an emulator enthusiast or something, and he just has to tell everyone about every release to come down the pipe-line.

And while that's not a bad thing at all, especially given the nature of this place, I'd imagine that the emu-enthusiasts among us would already know of it, and the causual emulator users amongst us wouldn't care, given the fact that those afformentioned alternatives are far more compatible and full featured then this thing.

EDIT: The backup page is down too. Hmn.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 3rd-December-2004 at 13:37.

Thanks

Well, i knew i would come up with something like this, well, the emulator its still very "fresh" and nothing compared to Gens or Kega Fusion, but it is my goul to keep it running and work on it to at least, get somehere near those, that for years, have been (still are) my favourite emus for genesis/32x.

I started this project along time ago, but only now i had the opportunity to start some serious work on it.
    I know that to get near the "collossous" sorry the english, that are Gens and Kega Fusion i have a long way up, but i still whant to follow this project that for years i had in mind.

I posted here, and in some other 2 forums because i only released it ths week, and has it is its first release i whanted to have has much feedback from the comunity has possible.

I didnt expected ppl to change emulators or something like that, just for the hobbie and pleasure that emulation represents, to see it, perhaps just has "another" emulator around, but who knows were it might end.

Thanx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's fine man. If it's your project, you should be more open with it. You don't have to hide behind false pretenses to let us know about it. We're not closed to this sort of thing, after all.

If you present it as your project and ask for feedback, I'm sure people would be more then willing to help you out.

Thanks
    EP Points

In that case, good luck and may I reccomend using a free host with enough bandwidth that you CAN show people

Also, for later versions, it would be nice to include good networking (for both LAN and internet use, possibly on the TCP/IP suite).

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

I will now, with time, get a good free host or buy some decent web space for hosting the site, has i decided all this over this week and still hadnt had time to get all the details sort out.

Thanx for the feedback, i will release the next version sometime this month, because alot of the things i initialy had in mind are still in the "closet" mainly to get some bugs fixed, has for Networking Capibilities - really sorry for the english - its something that i will start working on after the initial graphics modes are completed has i intended initialy.

Edited: has for the save/load options, that arent still arent included in this version.

Once more, thanx alot!

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I for one would like to congratulate you, its quite a feat to make an emulator.

Thanks

Your English is just fine, actually. And yeah, nice job. I'll have to check this out at some point.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Thanx TheotheImpaler and Ziegfried for the support! Speding hours working on something just for pure pleasure of doing it is great (even if the girlfriend doesnt understand why and blame the time loss doing it), and even greatier when the results are recognized.

Thanx once again!!

Thanks

I'll check it out later also. I hope it becomes big.

"The empires of the future, are the empires of the mind"

~Winston Churchill

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough"

~Albert Einstein

Thanks

Thanx Drunk Samurai!

I will soon be ready to prove myself some tests with a beta 1.2, if all goes well and i like how things are going, the next version will be a very decent step has for actual 1.1.

Cheers 2 U all!! and once more, thanx u so much for all the feedback!!!

Thanks

Is your emulator on zophars domain yet?
    speed is really good it runs full speed on my old p2 350 128mb ram voodoo3 3000.
    Last edited by mighty; 4th-December-2004 at 02:18.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah this is really good for an early version. Flashback even runs pretty good.

Couple of minor points
    -screen flickers on open and close of emulator
    -the directory you got your last rom from isnt stored

I look forward to the next version, and hopefully some more graphical options.

edit: I tested on windows 2000, and its fine

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Thanx ALOT Norgus for the feedback on those bugs, that will be fixed on the next release.

Knowing that works fine on windows 2000 is a good news, because the first 2 (non public) versions were giving me alot of troubles on NT machines, and even this last "more stable" beta is not has i intend it to be under XP, because on win9X it runs a bit more smooth. I hope to correct this on the next versions, because the standard seams to be XP nowdays..

Also more graphical options will be avaiable on the next release, has for a couple more options on sound and common options has controllers key setup.

Im working on this on every pause/dead time i have at home/work to get the next release ready with the options i have in mind avaiable. Im really motivated, also thanx to this GREAT support im having from you guys, and from the comunity in my country! THANX ALOT, its so much more motivating to do this with support and of course, feedback!

A final tick, the "possible" slowdown of speed on the downloads, will be fixed tomorrow, has i only got home a few minutes ago. (1.11am Portugal) Im still searching for a good host for the site, so please have some patience on this.

NOTE - The emulator isnt on zophars domain yet