Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a laugh at computer tech support...

Thanks

Default Having a laugh at computer tech support...

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

Comical, and pretty true.

Thanks

OMFG! That is sooooo true its hardly even funny. Everytime i call a customer service number they barely speak english and dont know wtf they are talking about. Cool cartoon though

Thanks

OMFG! I dunno what to say...OMFG!

Indians don't speak like that..except in stupid hollywood flicks.

Thanks
    EP Points

You know thought that I have always had tech support based here in the US. I don't think I've ever gotten a person from India.

Thanks

Wow, I don't know if I've EVER gotten anyone based in the US before...

Thanks

MasJ, is this how Tech Support is in india?
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

I worked as a tech for four years and I have to say, 99.9 percent of all customers are completely spastic. However, the outsource tech support departments were just as thick as the end users.
    Arthur Fowler is the best mod by a country mile.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CCDART
    MasJ, is this how Tech Support is in india?
    No, actually, it isn't. But yeah, it's true that they're only trained for specific tasks and to answer specific questions so they don't really know much outside of the book. That in my opinion, is not the people's fault, the fault lies with the companies hiring them.
    Also, it is true that they get paid really less, main reason why companies are moving to India. However, it isn't as bad as these guys show it to be, they can speak decent English and communicate with the callers. I have had good experiences with Tech Support from almost all companies, but then I believe that if you want tech support, you have to consider a brand name, because it's only with those guys that you can expect support.

Thanks

I was trained with the same book, but I along with all the other techs I worked with took the initiative and learned more about the job we were doing and then some. The resources are all there for these guys to teach themselves. maybe it's not their responsibility to train themselves, but their ignorance is equally their problem as much as it is the customer's. Reading up on things will make for a happier working environment too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty amusing, Ive seen a few of the other animations from this set too.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

'bout time people realized the glory of Foamy.

Thanks

Yeah it was nice, and true!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Caerau
    I was trained with the same book, but I along with all the other techs I worked with took the initiative and learned more about the job we were doing and then some. The resources are all there for these guys to teach themselves. maybe it's not their responsibility to train themselves, but their ignorance is equally their problem as much as it is the customer's. Reading up on things will make for a happier working environment too.
    You forget to take into account that these guys are paid a helluva lot less than you people. Maybe if they were paid more that would serve as the 'initiative' you are reffering to ? Or it would work even if they were paid lesser than the American employees but more than they are currently paid.
    Also, they are not offered ANY benefits that employees in the US get. There is no 'medical' or 'dental' or any other such stuff. The maximum they get is a lift to the call center whenever they're on for a shift, and that is it.

Thanks

I was put through to an Indian customer services representative about 3-4 weeks ago, and she was possibly the nicest person I'd ever spoken to, ever. In fact, I think I fell in love that day, but that, woefully, is a story for another time. Seriously, she was lovely, so if the girl who sold me insurance for my car is reading this, get in touch. I want your children.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ
    You forget to take into account that these guys are paid a helluva lot less than you people. Maybe if they were paid more that would serve as the 'initiative' you are reffering to ? Or it would work even if they were paid lesser than the American employees but more than they are currently paid.
    Also, they are not offered ANY benefits that employees in the US get. There is no 'medical' or 'dental' or any other such stuff. The maximum they get is a lift to the call center whenever they're on for a shift, and that is it.
    They get benefits. Great benefits. Job security. And the jobs in the UK and the US disapear. How good is dental or health if it's taken away when these guys take our jobs?

There's a tradeoff.