Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a laugh at computer tech support...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fowler
    I was put through to an Indian customer services representative about 3-4 weeks ago, and she was possibly the nicest person I'd ever spoken to, ever. In fact, I think I fell in love that day, but that, woefully, is a story for another time. Seriously, she was lovely, so if the girl who sold me insurance for my car is reading this, get in touch. I want your children.
    Yeah, Indian girls rock. That's why I love Dingy!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Caerau
    They get benefits. Great benefits. Job security. And the jobs in the UK and the US disapear. How good is dental or health if it's taken away when these guys take our jobs?

There's a tradeoff.
    Look, they don't "take" your jobs. They're offered jobs by your companies. Blame them. That hardly accounts for people being underpaid and not getting seperate dental or medical care alongwith their job packages. And what job security do they have ? Tomorrow if your government changes, they have nowhere to go. So do take into account the fact that these people are paid much MUCH lesser than you guys, and they don't get the benefits you do, they're not taking "away" your jobs, they're just doing it for lesser.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, don't mess with Ashray!
    On fire. I saw this video a couple weeks ago, someone pointed me to it. Pretty funny.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Fowler
    I was put through to an Indian customer services representative about 3-4 weeks ago, and she was possibly the nicest person I'd ever spoken to, ever. In fact, I think I fell in love that day, but that, woefully, is a story for another time. Seriously, she was lovely, so if the girl who sold me insurance for my car is reading this, get in touch. I want your children.
    I'd like to hear this story, continue please.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also, I did find that thing really funny. Not really offensive or anything : ). Just that I don't like it when people say "you take away our jobs", you know, I don't know what to say to that since it's your companies giving them to us, we don't ask for them specifically, we just offer our services.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caerau
    They get benefits. Great benefits. Job security. And the jobs in the UK and the US disapear. How good is dental or health if it's taken away when these guys take our jobs?

There's a tradeoff.
    Well, MasJ said everthing I wanted to to that. (I love you too baby) Keke, not to get off topic. MasJ, actually found that quite funny. I know alot of people who who work in these call centres. They're not too qualified (not all of them I can say), but it all boils down to the essential argument of capitalistic tendencies towards globalization. It's the natural logical course that capitalism is bound to take...export of capital.
    And really, Caerau, they're jobs in India are as unstable as yours--they both depend on which govt. is in power in America. And you can't really blame them, since they can't even vote Bush out, Americans can...anyway, won't get into that aspect of the debate, I think it's quite clear to you that an Indian citizen cannot vote in American elections and the American worker can.
    They're paid lesser than 1/4 of what Americans are paid b/c of the labour aristocracy that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Wow, don't mess with Ashray!
    lol. Not used to him being called that here..was quite confused as to who Ashray was on the forums for a moment...:p

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold
    'bout time people realized the glory of Foamy.
    Fuck that. Foamy's a one-trick pony that got old a long time ago. It might've been funny the first couple times, but that shit is so played out now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I checked out the rest of the stuff and it's not all really good. The one which this thread pertains to is pretty good, and funny, but the rest aren't really very entertaining. I liked the Matrix one though =P. But most of the times, the endings are really lame..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daedric
    I'd like to hear this story, continue please.
    Heh heh, well in fairness there isnt anything really to tell, I was being what one would normally refer to as an oaf. However, it does annoy me that people slate Asian call reps when my experience has been nothing but exemplary. This lady in particular (and I did speak to her, I didnt make that up) took total interest in every I had to say, went out of her way to help me and spoke in a manner that was friendly but not to the point of offence. She was, indeed, lovely. We struck up a good rapport and she signed off by telling me to remain as happy as I was at that point - probably a throwaway line taken from an instruction book but bloody nice nonetheless.

If any customer services representives should get the flak its miserable shits from the north of England (Newcastle, mainly). Jesus, I dont think Ive ever spoken to people so dire, so permanantly pissed off. In my job I have to ring one of our call centres situated in Newcastle so I know of what I speak. Helpful? Yeah. Happy? Are they fook as like. Why the hell do call reps from abroad get abuse when lets face it, the ones closer to home arent that spectacular themselves half the time.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold
    'bout time people realized the glory of Foamy.
    Seriously. I had a sig of this guy like three months ago and people were calling him a cat! He's a damn SQUIRREL!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gfx.
    Seriously. I had a sig of this guy like three months ago and people were calling him a cat! He's a damn SQUIRREL!!
    Dude, it's not like it's apparent just by looking at it. Just goes to show you how little artistic talent Illwill actually has, if people can't tell what the hell it is they're looking at....

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought it was a cat.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    lol. Not used to him being called that here..was quite confused as to who Ashray was on the forums for a moment...:p
    Well I could have called him Ashy...
    That was used to put even more effect in the "Don't mess with Ashray" part.

I don't think anyone takes our job. If someone don't care about receiving less money than he should, well he can take the job. Not that i'm happy with it, because most of the time it's a sorta trade. Someone with less money than me gets a bit richer, then i become less richer than him. And since we prolly need more money to live in North America than in India, it's like i'm being ripped off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I don't think anyone takes our job. If someone don't care about receiving less money than he should, well he can take the job. Not that i'm happy with it, because most of the time it's a sorta trade. Someone with less money than me gets a bit richer, then i become less richer than him. And since we prolly need more money to live in North America than in India, it's like i'm being ripped off.
    Compared to the average Indian with their qualifications, they're getting paid quite alot. And Arthur, the sweetness you witnessed was most probably not ou of the dictates of a book or guide...Indians are like that, hell they'll even serve you at McDonalds, which is highly pissing b/c we Indians have to get up to get our own bugger when those whites can bloody get served while sitting their asses down in McDonalds...I don't blame them, not one bit. I blame the bloody Indians for being so damn subservient. It's funny being servile and inferior for over 200 years, you are left with this urge for acceptance and some non-coloured person telling you are worth it. It's very strange.
    Thus my point being, Indians are essentially very warm people who'll totally go out of their way to help anyone. Not all of them are nice but yeah I can say relatively they are.