Thread: BOFH (Barstard Operator from Hell)

Thanks

Default BOFH (Barstard Operator from Hell)

I just had my first run in with a BOFH. I had to ring the telephone company about my mobile phone, which has been on the blink just recently. I was told to ring them about it, rather then Nokia, as the phone was issued with my moblie plan. I also had my own reasons (one being that Nokia doesn't like to know that the Nokia 2280 exists, a big flop by them...)

Anyway, I rang up the telephone company, and was greeted by a scottish robot woman, speaking chinese, in a fake russian accent. After swearing and yelling at it for about 15 minutes, it diverted my call to a slightly more understandable Irish Robot, obviously running Windows XP (it couldn't understand what the fuck I wanted, and did its own thing all the time). Eventually, I was re-directed again, back to the first robot. Again, 15 minutes passed, and I was re-directed again, this time to an eglish speaking robot. I told it my problems, but when it came to telling it the name of the owner, it refused to understand me. I read my name 5 times, and it kept on saying "The name you read out doesn't appear on our list, please read the name out again." I swore at it, and hung up, and re-rang the company. This time I got another robot, running Linux (It did what I asked it and didn't question me). I got through all that, and was finally directed to an actual human.

"Customer Service" was the reply I got from the woman at the end of the line. I told her my name, and the problem I was experiencing. The response I got from that was, and I quote "Uh huh..." I then requested that something be done about it. The reply, "Why?" I then began a rant about the fact that I payed good fucking money to use a service that I should expect to have minimal downtime. The operator then began a rant about how much she didn't give a shit, and said that I could wait until she was done doing what ever it was that she was doing. I got the image of her scratching her testicles while giving her boss a rim job. I asked about 5 minutes later if she could be bothered to do anything yet, and the response that I got went something like this. "Nope..."

I released into the phone a variety of extreme language, (most of which would earn me a ban from hell, let alone from EP), which attracted the attention of the Customer Service Watchdog or some such thing. I was told that my service with the company would be suspended indefinitely, directly caused by my uncouth behaviour on the phone. I asked them to hear my side of the story, which they obliged to do. I thanked them, gave my story in it's entirety. I was then told that the whole conversation was recorded, so that new people could learn how to be BOFH's as well, and would be consulted to verify my story. Considering I had nothing to hide, I agreed, and was asked to hang up the phone. I did so without hassles.

About 10 minutes later, I was greeted to a ringing phone, which had the lady I had been talking to before. She apologized for her behaviour, and asked me whether I would want her to do the things I asked her to do before. I told her that I would be fine, and I would do something else about it.

I am now currently writing out an application to change moblie service providers.

What are your run in's with the barstard operator from hell? If you have one, post it up, I would like to know how many of these people actually exist.

Thanks

Man that's harsh... She actually told you to wait till she was done? Customer Service?

Rad that she had to call you back and apologize though, she probably got b'slapped by the boss.

Thanks

bah

sbc was suppose to send me an xbox live kit when i upgraded my dsl service and i still dont have it

i called em up recently and after going through a maze of button pushing i got a hold of a rep

he redirected me so i start button bashing again to another guys after i explain my whole story she transfers me to someone else

i explain my story for the third time and he redirects me to the company that does their promotions

back to button bashing but this time the message would just repeat it self over and over again no matter what i pressed

now i gotta call em up again this week

Thanks
    EP Points

lol well i had a wicked one when i rang up about my MMS

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, that's pretty bad! Thankfully, they haven't started using Voice Activated Robots much in India. But I've never really had such bad experiences with operators.

Thanks

Which provider did you have exactly? I got confused back there. (I ask because I have a mobile plan).
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Atleast it's over BN!
    I've had horrible experiences when my bloody sim got blocked...I dunno if it's a better or worse situation, but I was connected to a series of human donkeys who had absolutely no clue and could not even speak one line clearly in Gibberish let alone English. It was a truly horrid experience. They couldn't understand all the swearing and yelling I was indulging in..so I didn't earn me any nasty calls.
    I don't know how to tell you this...but humans sometimes can be worse than blonde robots.

Thanks

Dont have a really bad experience aside from endless button mashing and crap. What gets me is how in the world these people who dont speak freaking English get jobs doing customer service? When one of those idiots picks up im like transfer me to someone i can understand. I hate that crap.

Thanks

That lady got owned.
    You are the weenie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pienne
    That lady got owned.
    I would have forced her to clean out prison cells. W/ the inmates still inside.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

I work in a customer services environment (albiet not over the phone, I work in retail) and to be perfectly honest, if someone comes into the shop eff-ing and blinding then the last thing I want to do is actually help them. I had some council estate skank call everyone affiliated with Orange (the company I work for) wankers - at that point I told her to leave as I no longer had the time of day for her - or words to that effect. Ive never known a working environment like it. People expect that by coming into the shop or ringing up with a serious attitude like that, that it will actually get them anywhere...pah. Thankfully, for every customer like that theres several nice ones, people who I am actually willing to help and for whom 9 times out of 10 I get the job done satisfactorily.
    Touch my twat.