Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturn Emulation?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Saturn Emulation?

Is it just me or is Saturn emulation slow as a week in the jail?
    I know it's hard to emulate a console, but this has been ages and Saturn emulation is buggy and as compatible as a PCI card in an AGP slot.

All I wanted was to play shining force 3, but it looks like thats still going to be ages away, I don't know why it's taking so long for Saturn emulation but if anyone knows why it would take so long can you inform me please.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    Is it just me or is Saturn emulation slow as a week in the jail?
    I know it's hard to emulate a console, but this has been ages and Saturn emulation is buggy and as compatible as a PCI card in an AGP slot.

All I wanted was to play shining force 3, but it looks like thats still going to be ages away, I don't know why it's taking so long for Saturn emulation but if anyone knows why it would take so long can you inform me please.
    It is very awkward, its worse than n64 emulation, I can't really suggest an emulator to play it with, the settings you have to do with emulators(i've tried a few) are just plain silly. I would suggest using giri giri, thats your best option as far as i can see, im not sure if there are any better.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was informed on the hacker version of Girl Girl being able to play most of shining force 3.
    I got all the files needed and altho all the settings where correct the main problem lies with ISO's, mainly Saturn emulation is cd-drive dependant.

N64 emulation is great and has been fine for some time now, I can play 80% of my n64 roms, and I have the good set

I just wish that they paid more attention to older systems rather than putting all the effort into 3rd Gen consoles, I mean im sure that if NGC/Xbox/PS2 emulation is doing well that Saturn should be 100% by now but it's not.

Hell id settle for 50% right now.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was informed on the hacker version of Girl Girl being able to play most of shining force 3.
    I got all the files needed and altho all the settings where correct the main problem lies with ISO's, mainly Saturn emulation is cd-drive dependant.

N64 emulation is great and has been fine for some time now, I can play 80% of my n64 roms, and I have the good set

I just wish that they paid more attention to older systems rather than putting all the effort into 3rd Gen consoles, I mean im sure that if NGC/Xbox/PS2 emulation is doing well that Saturn should be 100% by now but it's not.

Hell id settle for 50% right now.
    I think when i said that n64 was bad i think in comparasion to psx emulation.

you could try daemon tools, and load your iso in there, then get the emulator to read the daemon tools drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have tried that and Nero image drive/ clonecd virtual drive.
    And with no luck on any of them, I think that would have to fall down to the CD plugin.
    Saturn was a great console and alot of people loved it, so you would think it would of been better emulated by now.

As far as PSX emulation, psx emulation is top notch and has been for a very long time, Epsxe is the daddy and my hats go off to the team that put it together.
    I can emulate any psx game I have threw at it, I don't own all psx titles, but I do own alot.

N65 is very much GPU dependant I think, and I think that emulation wise on that side will get better as the GPU's do.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the fact that saturn had two graphics chips had something to do with it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never knew that, like I said I don't know much about the Saturn, all I know is that the OS for it is very hard to emulate and emulation for it is still going to take a while

Thanks
    EP Points

I never knew that, like I said I don't know much about the Saturn, all I know is that the OS for it is very hard to emulate and emulation for it is still going to take a while
    LOL, it might take a while. still someone might do something about it..

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope so
    As emulation is the best thing since sliced bread "this saying is weird" and my hats off to the people that make it happen, I proberly have no right to piss and moan when things don't happen as fast as I would like to, and that I should be greaful for what we have already.

But we all have the right to piss and moan and I would love to see Saturn Emulation hit a mile stone like VGS/Epsxe.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope so
    As emulation is the best thing since sliced bread "this saying is weird" and my hats off to the people that make it happen, I proberly have no right to piss and moan when things don't happen as fast as I would like to, and that I should be greaful for what we have already.

But we all have the right to piss and moan and I would love to see Saturn Emulation hit a mile stone like VGS/Epsxe.
    Lets just say, I hope this computer course i'm doing pays off....

Thanks
    EP Points

Well good luck with that man, hope you do well.
    And all I can say is "Where is my damn Shining Force 3 emulation!!"

Thanks
    EP Points

I have some hardware docs on the graphics, but i need the docs on the sound chips. anyway, the project will officially be away on the 1st of january. hopefully with a little bit done already.

Thanks
    EP Points

o.O
    What are you saying, that you are going to work for a team that is working on Saturn Emulation?

Or that there will be an Saturn emulator coming soon that will do well?

Thanks
    EP Points

o.O
    What are you saying, that you are going to work for a team that is working on Saturn Emulation?

Or that there will be an Saturn emulator coming soon that will do well?
    bugger it I've given away more then enough hints to people. here's the story

I have been looking over the specs of the saturn for a while and downloading a few games. I have also been looking at programming for a while. I'm doing this on my own at the mo, (don't have no connections really) I'll be doing this in java, and i might re-write it in C++ (know a bit more on C++ at the mo) I've also been looking at different options for emulators, and trying my hand at lower end emulators.

So to recap

I am trying to make a saturn emulator

It definatly won't be perfect to begin with but i'll work on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats the spirit, good luck to you!
    Shame there is not more people like urself that wants to emulate this baby badly.