Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much longer can Nintendo survive? More Inside...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CCDART
    I still play Pokemon.
    yeah me too and im 21 years old.
    ninty have been around for hundreds of years they used to make playing cards like 300 years ago,not only that but there innovative and make the standard for gaming i have evry ninty console made i dont even want a ps2 or an xbox

Thanks

Nintendo isnt going anywhere. It's been around too long and has great games. And if you think playing Pokemon, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Story, Luigi's Mansion, etc. is childish, then you have big issues. I still play them. They better then most of the games out there. Yeah I have all 3 next gen systems, but my favorite is GCN, then PS2, then XBOX.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dude, Nintendo will never go third party, nor should they. They've already said that the day they stop making hardware is the day they exit the industry all-together, so there's no chance of that anyway. :eyeball:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caerau
    Yes, yes I do. If Ninty became exclusive to Microsoft XB, the sales would more than double in japan.

Blah, blah... The markets are a lot different now, Nintendo are in third place behin Sony and Microsoft in the console race and the console in the Europe has been dropped already by many large store chains. It's common sense that Nintendo could easily become a very, very successful 3rd party dev company. The Asian and American markets are huge though and even though their market share is poor in comparrison in to Sony and Microsoft in the USA, the still make a healthy profit.

Blah, blah... Why put the hard work in developing and manufacturing a console. Let microsoft do the hard work then take advantage by only developing software.

And cut that rolleyes rubbish please.
    Someone has an uncanny love for Microsoft... XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Fucking hell that is some evil shit with the Nintendo should quit hardware and make games for microsoft. The day that happens is well... another day where I lose even more respect for human kind.

I would lose approximately 700% of my respect for nintendo if they went third party, especially for one of the xbox consoles..

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

As we all know, Nintendo does not = Sega.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Norgus
    Fucking hell that is some evil shit with the Nintendo should quit hardware and make games for microsoft. The day that happens is well... another day where I lose even more respect for human kind.

I would lose approximately 700% of my respect for nintendo if they went third party, especially for one of the xbox consoles..
    i second that

it broke my heart when it happened to sega,it musnt happen to ninty or i might go mad

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Caerau
    Yes, yes I do. If Ninty became exclusive to Microsoft XB, the sales would more than double in japan.

Why are you reffering to legacy consoles? We're in a period where Nintendo have stated for the record that they are not going to push hardware boundries much further and they are happy with the current advances made by the Gamecube and will not be pressing to compete with PS2 and Xb on specifications. The markets are a lot different now, Nintendo are in third place behin Sony and Microsoft in the console race and the console in the Europe has been dropped already by many large store chains. It's common sense that Nintendo could easily become a very, very successful 3rd party dev company. The Asian and American markets are huge though and even though their market share is poor in comparrison in to Sony and Microsoft in the USA, the still make a healthy profit.

Remember I didn't say Nintendo should drop out of the console race (Nintendo president has already hinted at this in several high profile interviews and press releases) I simply stated they would be stronger. Why put the hard work in developing and manufacturing a console. Let microsoft do the hard work then take advantage by only developing software.

And cut that rolleyes rubbish please.
    Ok first's Nintedo never said that its next system will not be able to compete with the others Spec's wise. They said that their focus was on making a Revolutionary(SP?) system, not pushing those few extra poly's.

Nintendo might be in third place in Console Sales, but they are sill making more profit each quarter than, ether Sony or Microsoft(only in the video game market). MoF Nintendo has sold more GBA's then Sony has sold PS2's.

Nintendo is doing quite well actully, and i predict Nintendo will not let Sony or Microsoft get the jump on them next time, and the Sales race will be much closer.
    Last edited by GundamGuy; 12th-November-2004 at 20:36.

Thanks

*yawn* People were saying the same negative things about Nintendo when the N64 launched 8 years ago. But they're still around. Score. Or something.
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

If anyone, Sony are the ones on their way out...they refuse to use any programming language aside from Yabasic, which is really frustrating developers, as it is nearly impossible to find any info/courses/books on the language, making it rather difficult to learn. Most developers currently on PS2 are waiting for their contracts to expire and then they will switch to XB or GC.

I personally think Nintendo has always been a bit behind, but not in games, rather in hardware...they can make advanced hardware, but they always find some way to mess it up...GBAs still use an older technology of cart when they could just use a custom Flash Ram thing...and the GC uses minidisks...so that cut off the DVD playability that PS2 and XB had...Most people look at the features before how well something is built and end up uying the crappy system that dies very rapidly...(PS2...I bought one )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyruz
    If anyone, Sony are the ones on their way out...they refuse to use any programming language aside from Yabasic, which is really frustrating developers, as it is nearly impossible to find any info/courses/books on the language, making it rather difficult to learn. Most developers currently on PS2 are waiting for their contracts to expire and then they will switch to XB or GC.
    Wow. Just wow. That's the most idiotic thing I've read in awhile. Seriously. Where the holy hell do you people dredge up these ideas?

Sony isn't on the way out. Why the shit would they be, when they have the hugest selling system on the market? Even where what you said an issue, releasing games on the PS2 is almost a liscense to print money. I'm sure developers are willing to work through any troubles they might run into, due to that. :eyeball:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyruz
    WTF...?

The PSX programming utility used C libraries for developing... PS2 is based on UNIX, so in the least it has support for C built-in...

And about that "contract to expire" thing, developers will go where the money is... Since the PS2 had a huge installed base to begin with, that's where their aim was since the beginning... SONY's cold shoulder treatment is a different issue entirely, and my guess is it only affects smaller developer houses and a few big-time exclusivity contracts...

Thanks
    EP Points

Why must one console be "on the way out" just because it is in last place at the moment?

If you have 3 console, there is always going to be a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. If there were 11 consoles, being in 11th wouldn't necessarily mean you are on your way out. You obviously need to restrategise, but you aren't Chapter 11.

Historicaly, the PSX console was not superior to the other 32 (or 64) systems it competed against. What Sony did was release a birage of mediocre games to the public. They saturated the market to the point people believed "look at how many more games the Playstation has! It must be a kickass system." -stay with me, I have a point.

Now, the PS2 is in the same boat. I am not going to diss the system, I am sure there are people that truly like it. I personally do not, and for one specific reason: Saturation does not equal superiority. The games are ok, but they are not as sophisticated and/or appealing to me as the Nintendo games. I'll take 5 truly engrossing games over 100 ok games anyday.

The Xbox seems to be marketed to the older generation of gamers, of which I seem to be included. Fancy isn't it?...I suppose. Lookit the boobies! *Yawn...Kasumi has another address, and I know where she lives. What do you have for me?

Look up the true classics of gaming history. Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda. Final Fantasy is the odd ball out, as they have pushed whatever system they happen to be on. Sony has some mascots, Nintendo has icons.

Bottom line: Nintendo, while being in the proverbial rut, will survive as they always have. Competitors will soon have to realise that quality means more than quantity.

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong... Last I heard, Nintendo was third place over at the States, but second place all around the world... Booyah?

Thanks

ok, i agree that playstation was not as good as any other hardware they compete against, but what you call "saturated" is in fact giving gamer more option. for example when i say nintendo, what comes to your mind? mario. when i say playsation, most people can't think of just one game right away. sony gives people variety and nintendo has been trying to do that for the last 4 years. like rpgs nintendo has revive their fire emblem series and ship it to the us just to compete. like like twin snake nintendo has to beg kojima to let them remake it for the gamecube, all kojima said was yes. and he got tons of money for it. i would do it too, if i was him. true gamers like you are very few, and are being overrun by mainstream gamers. so the mainstream gamers would rather take a 100 games over 5 games that nobody ever heard of. iam an rpg fan, so i always will side with playstation. cuz no one beat them when it comes to rpg. its a known fact. ( yes, i realize that final fantasy used to be on nintendo's system)

nintendo is not first in the world in the total amount. they might be in japan. cuz people there are afraid of xbox because of the size of something.
    Last edited by DomonX; 13th-November-2004 at 00:14.