Thread: kazaa 2.7.2....arggggg!

Thanks

Default kazaa 2.7.2....arggggg!

Lately I've decided to update my version of kazaa to 2.7.2 but SURPRISE it installed lots of crappy programs like peer points manager, p2p networking, etc...I unistalled all these programs but I cant find my old version. Tried 2.5.1 but it also has peer points manager p2p networking, etc...Is there a place I can find versions of kazaa older than 2.5.1...or perhaps something better than kazaa?

Thanks

you really cant trust kazzaa, or P2p for that matter.
    I suggest you use bittorrent or something.

Thanks

at least use something like Kazaa Lite Ressurection...

Thanks

Well the version I had before was not all that bad....got cydoor but it was easily blocked with peer guardian but I'll try Kazaa Lite Ressurection and see what it looks like.
    EDIT : Tried kaza lite revolution...and it is GREAT. I like it but theres one thing I'd like to know...how to change my shared folder where my downloads go when they're finished. I'd also like to know if there are option like in kazaa (filter, max downloads, max uploads, etc.)
    Edit 2 : Neverming...just found the options. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Althar; 2nd-November-2004 at 04:52.

Thanks

Solution to any Kazaa-related issue: Stop using Kazaa.

Seriously... I know it's easier to use then all the other stuff out there, but that's just 'cause everyone is used to it. The FastTrack network is just dead... corrupted and mislabeled files here and there... impossible to find rare stuff... etc. You should really consider using networks like DC and especially bit torrent. We all have to move on and just leave Kazaa in the dust.

Thanks

Already use bittorent quite often but I don't know what DC is. Guess I'll have a look at this.

Thanks
    EP Points

DC - direct connect
    I guess its worth checking out, especialy if you know the server you want.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Althar
    Already use bittorent quite often but I don't know what DC is. Guess I'll have a look at this.
    Well I thought DC is a p2p program aswell, it stands for Direct connect

Thanks

Found the site but where can I download a version that works with Windows 98 cause I have problems downloading files from this site.
    Edit : Nevermind...finally got the page from file forum to load.
    Last edited by Althar; 2nd-November-2004 at 15:17.

Thanks

If you wanna use a good alternative for kazaa I wouls really suggest you use shareaza , it's a p2p program witt many things. The network is connected to the Edonkey networkd , Gnutella 1 and gnutella 2 servers. + it has an build-in Bittorrent client.

The only thing you need to take care of is that it connect with all the servers when you start the prgram up.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    meh

Thanks

Yes... shareza. I've heard lots of bad comments about it... like it's how it devours resources, crappy security and speeds, and just downright lameness.

Take this advice from an experienced filesharer to find anything you want on the www:

1)Use BitTorrentand the client Azureus or ABC(Another Bittorrent Client), use ABC only if Azureus is too slow on your machine. Have your favorite BT sites and search engines(can't name any... legal issues) bookmarked, and you'll stay up-to-date with new releases on just about anything(combine this with RSS feeds for added l33tness... read my thread in Computer Tech).

If you can't find what you're looking for on any search engine/BT site(unlikely, unless you want some really rare shit)

2)Use DirectConnect, and get the client DC++. Connect to the hubs(servers) that may have the stuff you're looking for. Ie: If you're looking for rare heavy metal albums, connect to a metal hub. Same applies for movies, games, anime, etc.

If you STILL can't find what you're looking for(very unlikely) or you can't find a working /seeded torrent or enough sources in DC...

3)Use ed2k(Edonkey) networks and use the client Emule+. Works a bit like Kazaa. You can find just about anything here if you connect to a big enough server(Razorback is best). What sucks is the queues, and you'll rarely get nearly half-decent speeds, but you can find just about anything you could possibly want with the search engines. Ed2k sites also provide assloads of downloads that may not appear in your search results.

4)Use IRC. Now this one is a bit of a hassle. You have to learn how to use IRC clients like mIRC properly, on top of finding channels/servers that serve the stuff you want. With a well-known BT/IRC search engine site... this is quite easy...

5)Use FTP/HTTP servers. Also a bit of a hassle. You need to find a server that has some good stuff. These are normally private servers that require a login and such(such as Emuparadise's file server). The deal is finding servers... so don't worry about this too much, just take a peek in servers that people link you to or that you find by yourself, but don't expect to find anything specific... it's merely files hosted on someone's computer that has a fast internet connection.

For quick song downloads I guess Soulseek is a pretty good app... but I rarely use it, it's better just using DC++ for that stuff. You can also find any song in Emule... but that's only in case you can't find it in DC, the queues aren't worth waiting for unless you can't find the file anywhere else.

Well there you go. This method has worked for me for a year, and I've found absolutely EVERYTHING I could ever think of downloading... Hopefully this helps people get off the dead and insecure FastTrack(Kazaa/Morpheus/Imesh) networks. Enjoy, and have fun filesharing.
    Last edited by Soeru; 2nd-November-2004 at 17:23.

Thanks

I almost never used kazaa , and I found everything too ... and about shareaza , I don't use it anymore because for music I use soulseek or WinMx , but shareaza sisn't so bad after all.

To give a little comment on DC , In most cases to find something you need share.It's normal to share but not everyone has 10 or 20 GB movies on his HD.Second , I never ( and many other users) had good speeds with DC or DC++ , if I had 10kb/s I could thank god.

I prefer all the methods that are pointed out in the above post exept DC++
    meh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djnickname
    I almost never used kazaa , and I found everything too ... and about shareaza , I don't use it anymore because for music I use soulseek or WinMx , but shareaza sisn't so bad after all.

To give a little comment on DC , In most cases to find something you need share.It's normal to share but not everyone has 10 or 20 GB movies on his HD.Second , I never ( and many other users) had good speeds with DC or DC++ , if I had 10kb/s I could thank god.

I would prefer to dowload stuff everyting in the above post exept DC++
    Yes, on many of the best hubs, they do require you to share a certain amount of share-worthy files(music, games, movies, etc., not installed programs, you Windows dir, etc.). Yet you can still find hubs that don't require any share(or a small share like 1 GB or 5 GB), they aren't the best, but they get the job done while you build your share. Right now I'm sharing about 65 gb or something, and I'm in a hub that demands a min share of 40gb, the others demand 20gb or none at all(not sure). Oh yes, don't be a wanker and don't fake your share.

If you never get good speeds in DC, then the problem is the person you're downloading the files from. Sort your results by "Slots Available", and choose the person with the most slots available and the fastest connection. Nowadays with the newest version it doesn't matter who you download from, as it automatically finds you alternate sources in case the person is a slow mofo or goes offline etc. I always get full speed in DC++ if I download from someone with a fast connection, or get full speed on all the files if I'm downloading a directory(since it downloads files from different people at the same time). Yes, DC++ owns you.

Just stalk the users with really fast connections and that have a lot of stuff you want to download, grab their filelist and rape their connection. I found some dude with a 40gb share, and I grabbed 3.4 gb of albums from him in one afternoon(since he had a fast connection, and I got tops of 190kb/s).

Thanks

That makes...quite a lot of things to try! Hope I'm gonna find one that suits me. Thanks for all this help and especially Soeru for pointing out LOTS of possibilities ^^