View Poll Results: Seperation of Church and state: Does religion have any place in politics/gov't today?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 28.57%
  • No.

25 71.43%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Religion & Politics.

Thanks

Default Religion & Politics.

In spite of seeing my old thread about religion being suddenly bumped by eviltoastman after months of oblivion, I decided to make this thread. Well, US elections are coming up, but I'm sure we're all tired of discussing which president is better. So here's something new:

Should religion have any place in government/schools/politics?

Discuss... or die...

Ziegfried Guest

Nein! Openly religious politicians are the devil, or something. Awaiting more responses to have something to argue against...

Thanks

A mesh of religion and politics might not be a bad thing if everyone in that particular country/region/whatever all followed the same religion, but they don't. Not to mention people within the same religion will disagree on the interpretation of the religion, or follow it to greater or lesser degrees, etc. Religion can be a great thing when used to uplift people, but far too often it is used as a tool to repress people.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks

Should stay seperate. Although many morals from religion are used in mordern govertments (don't steal, don't kill people etc. etc.) they should definatly stay seperate. Kerry is a Catholic but is not against abortion like most Catholics, which is like Mason put, down to interpritation of one person. But if say there was a Catholic Party in power, chances are abortion would be made illegal. So erm....yeh, stay seperate.

There's a reason I don't usually partake in the serious/topical threads and that's that a lot of what I say is wank.
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

Religion has got nothing to do with politics. Also religion is pretty pointless

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sky
    Also religion is pretty pointless
    *sigh*

That last comment just got you into some serious shit with the religious people on the boards. As much as I agree with that, we should keep stuff like that to ourselves, since I'm sure more than a handful of people were deeply offended.

Thanks

Ignore what I said then

Thanks

Religion and politics, in North America, should be kept seperate.. not because I have anything against religion, but because the USA (and Canada) are made of a huge mixture of different scum.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

France are doing the right thing with their secularist policies. Religion in the US is used as a political football and completely undermines Government and the electoral process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    *sigh*

That last comment just got you into some serious shit with the religious people on the boards. As much as I agree with that, we should keep stuff like that to ourselves, since I'm sure more than a handful of people were deeply offended.
    If chrisitans and other religious groups are forthright with their opinions, they shouldn't find it so tough when a more sensible and less radical view is presented such as the idea that religion and the worship of a make believe deity is fucking stupid.

Religion is santa claus for grown ups too weak to stand on their own two feet or too scarred of fimnalism of dying. Worm food crying to the "heavens" to be saved. It makes me laugh.

Thanks

Religion is santa claus for grown ups too weak to stand on their own two feet or too scarred of fimnalism of dying. Worm food crying to the "heavens" to be saved. It makes me laugh.
    Stop posting.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    Stop posting.
    The image of victory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eviltoastman
    a more sensible and less radical view is presented such as the idea that religion and the worship of a make believe deity is fucking stupid.
    And someone with the internet alias of 'eviltoastman' is the major authority of what's sensible and what isn't? Shit, hold me back from praising you're massive wang.

EDIT: Also, if you say people who believe in a God are too weak etc. you can equally argue that people who don't believe in one think too highly of themselves and are just scared of what may await them after death. Thinking there is nothing is a lot easier than thinking of an afterlife.
    Last edited by Hangman; 17th-October-2004 at 18:19.
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks
    EP Points

I disagree, thinking there is a god/afterlife is ALOT easier than trying to discover thinks through scientific fact. Almost a wimps way out..

Anyways I think seperation is a nessecity.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman
    And someone with the internet alias of 'eviltoastman' is the major authority of what's sensible and what isn't? Shit, hold me back from praising you're massive wang.

EDIT: Also, if you say people who believe in a God are too weak etc. you can equally argue that people who don't believe in one think too highly of themselves and are just scared of what may await them after death. Thinking there is nothing is a lot easier than thinking of an afterlife.
    I think it's better to believe in one's self rather than to believe in something which is as much as possible as the tooth fairy, as for criticising my name, that made me laugh hard. Really hard. Actually it didn't , it made me cry that someone gave you a computer and afforded you the good sense to use it with any degree of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzstaffel
    Stop posting.
    Ok, because you made a clear and relevant argument based on empiracal evidence which was not easy refuted and left no other alternative avenues of conjecture to explore.