View Poll Results: Seperation of Church and state: Does religion have any place in politics/gov't today?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

10 28.57%
  • No.

25 71.43%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Religion & Politics.

Thanks
    EP Points

I would not support taxes going to church because it goes against the Constitution.

I would also like to say that it was based on the moral and ethical values at that time which were based on the framers beleif in Christianity.

Thanks

i voted yes but even though it shouldn't have one. some people need to understand that just because someone says they are a christian dosn't mean anything. there are a lot of politics that get voted for because they say they are religious but it really dosn't mean anything. especially christians because they are the most hipocritical. I am a christian and i like to think i do the right thing but most of the time i dont. and that goes for all religions. your religion is shown through your actions and not your words.
    whistle tit woop woop

Thanks

Although I am not christian I still beleive in a sense it should be with some form of the government, because that is what this country was founded upon, not some Athiest George Washington trying to be an asshole about everything (im not trying to insult any Athiests, im saying there are some that totally disrespect other religions.... like that cocksucker Dr. Morgan. Fucker.)

Thanks

I would argue that it isn't any more uncommon for religious people to disrespect other religions...It's a trait some humans possess regardless of their religious beliefs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I would also like to say that it was based on the moral and ethical values at that time which were based on the framers beleif in Christianity.
    But that doesn't mean it's Christian values, which is what you claim in your previous post.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, I dont think Religion has anything to due with politics what so ever. There is no reason to bring religion into the political world.

BTW, how many times a year do we have a thread about religion? Just Curious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Kurosai
    Although I am not christian I still beleive in a sense it should be with some form of the government, because that is what this country was founded upon, not some Athiest George Washington trying to be an asshole about everything (im not trying to insult any Athiests, im saying there are some that totally disrespect other religions.... like that cocksucker Dr. Morgan. Fucker.)
    I could name just as many people with religious values who are completely intolerant of other religions.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks

Pfft, I think religion has no place in politics...two very different subjects in my opinion.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    do you know *who* the very last conversation you will have is going to be with? I do.
    tsk.tsk....
    you don't KNOW, actually, it is called a belief, and one you are welcome to, but to actually have the arrogance to assume the religion you were born into must be right because you were born into it....
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karragh
    tsk.tsk....
    you don't KNOW, actually, it is called a belief, and one you are welcome to, but to actually have the arrogance to assume the religion you were born into must be right because you were born into it....
    You are assuming that he believes it because he was born into it though...

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    You are assuming that he believes it because he was born into it though...
    ah, well he can correct me on that if that is the case, but it still doesn't change my point, that he is speaking of an opinion as a 100% guarenteed matter of fact.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.

Ziegfried Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mason
    I could name just as many people with religious values who are completely intolerant of other religions.
    What, just one?

Thanks

What happened to Dr Morgan? I didn't see anything wrong with his posts.
    I believe that when a fictional entity has power, then we need to sit down and discuss things with people.

Thanks

Religion doesn't belong in politics. But that doesn't mean that religion is apolitical. Religion in education...it's there. And not latently either, it's presence today in our schools and curriculum is quite glaring. Infact we have these RSS (a Hindu organization) schools which teaches students maths like this-'suppose you have 60 students and you subtract 8 Muslims, how many hindus will remain'
    Hell, my history book was so heavily saffronized by the previous govt. (Conservative-hindus) I was so tempted to quit history forever. In India the BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party) believe that to be an Indian means to be a Hindu. So being secular is seemingly becmoing a distant dream.
    They actually have something like 'Hindutva' in their manifesto which demands preference to Hindus, and then we like hypocrites write a constitution which states we're secular and don't have any state religion.

Thanks

Default Religion=Law

Laws are made on a moral and ethical basis. Religion builds are morals. So we HAVE to let some religious involvement in the goverment or we'd live in anarchy.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER