Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism...

Thanks

Default Feminism...

This is not to start a polemical debate on feminism. Just wanted to find out people's views on feminism and if there are some who actually think feminism=anti-men??
    Last edited by Dingy; 27th-September-2004 at 07:32.

Thanks

3 words

Couldn't care less

I couldn't have thought of anything better then sitting at home, and only having to do one or 2 things everyday. Clean, cook, and iron. Shit, I could get used to that. And what with dishwashers and all that bullshit, you could make your job heaps easier. But whatever floats your boat I suppose. If you wanna work, thats your own decision, I really couldn't care any more about feminism even if you paid me 2 million bucks. 3 Million, and maybe we have a deal...

Feminism doesn't=Anti-men. Case closed.

Thanks

feminists aren't only women and they don't only fight for the right to work...some also fight for the right not to work. Feminism is not the opposite of chauvinism, it's the opposite of patriarchy.
    I'm not about to pay you a cent for your care, so don't worry about that atleast you cared to say you don't care

Ziegfried Guest

INCOMING ARGUMENT ABOUT FEMINISM! DANGER!

...Yeah, I'll post here when I get back from school. Quick reply? Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, bitch.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Feminism is probably the hardest word to define in the whole world.

The End.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Neighbour
    3 words

Couldn't care less
    Just don't expect special treatment from anybody.

Thanks
    EP Points

Feminism.. most feminists are confused as hell, no wonder no one knows what it really means/should mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    and if there are some who actually think feminism=anti-men
    Plenty of so called 'feminists' around (women, if you please..) who think so, so you can't say that they dont represent the feminist movement, since they do call themselves feminists.

Thanks

It's bullshit. I make it a point to make as many inappropriately sexist jokes as possible, because of how much I hate feminists (not women)...

Ziegfried Guest

fem�i�nism Audio pronunciation of "feminism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fm-nzm)
    n.

1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
    2. The movement organized around this belief.

Yeah, that's one tricky definition. Oh, wait...

Thanks
    EP Points

Hasnt this thread been done?
    oh wait yes , yes it has it was done by Jace i still have the PM's to prove it to
    im all for it really if they wanna be like guys then good one them lets see then play cricket

Thanks

Originally posted by MasJ
    Plenty of so called 'feminists' around (women, if you please..) who think so, so you can't say that they dont represent the feminist movement, since they do call themselves feminists.
    They're wrong in calling themselves feminists. A misandrist may be a feminist, but not because s/he hates men. Feminism is not about hating men or trying to advocate matriarchy, which is what most of the posts in this thread are implying. It's about bringing an end to patriarchy and bringing about equality.
    If I'm a feminist I wouldn't mind making a sandwich for Skinner...even if he called me a bitch, but yeah, that wouldn't stop me from adding my extra-special ingredient to it
    Only women are not feminists. You have women who are patriarchial as well, that doesn't mean patriarchy becomes a woman's ideology or a problem. It's simply subscribing to an ideology, one's adherence to feminism is not determined by sex. There's a difference between sex and gender. Sex is biological and gender social. Just because I'm female shouldn't directly imply I'm feminist. And just because I too can make a sexist joke or laugh at one, doesn't and shouldn't mean that I'm not a feminist.
    When it comes to work...women are not allowed to work in fields that are dangerous like mining, etc. I don't have a problem with the kind law advocaters who were thinking of the safety of women. This might seem ok on the cover. But it is patriarchial. What if a woman wants to mine? What if a man who's scared of the dark or is claustrophobic doesn't? Does it have provisions for these needs? Why is that a man who goes on paternity leave is a sissy and a woman's maternity leave is called "disability leave"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ
    Just as terrorists misrepresent religious groups such as Muslims, "men-haters" (for lack of a better word) misrepresent feminists. Men-haters are not the majority, they're just a vocal minority that uses feminism as a shield to say whatever they want about men.

I myself am a feminist, and I'm male. I'm all for the equality of the sexes. Now, that isn't to say total equality, that would be silly. There are obvious biological differences between men and women and so there will always be differences between the genders is various social situations as a result. However, there are many places where women don't have basic equality to men. For example, there's no reason why women shouldn't be earning an identical amount of money as men for doing the exact same work. They don't though, they earn about 3/4ths as much (U.S. figure). It's issues like those that don't sit well with me and thus make me a feminist.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks
    EP Points

I sit next to someone in class that is a man hater. She is a friend of mine but hates most males. She really like it when she learned the root word male meant evil. It isn't pronounced the same as male as in a man.

I am to for equality for like pay and such, but you can't have TOTAL equality. As they say total equality would be no division or separation of sexes. This would lead to gay rights, which I am against, and unisex bathrooms since separating us would be evil.

Ziegfried Guest

If one gender had to be superior to the other, rule the world and what not, I'd rather it be female. Equality is good enough, I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    It's bullshit. I make it a point to make as many inappropriately sexist jokes as possible, because of how much I hate feminists (not women)...
    I feel you on that. Then tell them they aren't equal to men because they can't bench press as much as a man. Then point out what happened in the movie G.I. Jane could never really happen. Good thinking slim.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra