Thread: PS2 mainboard transfer

Thanks

Default PS2 mainboard transfer

I have a problem , My Ps2 is completely down , The lens isn't workin , the button to open en close the tray doesn't work anymore ..so now I wanna buy a new PS2 but I wanna know if I can put my mainboard from my old PS2 to the new one ... cuz to place the ripper chip over is ALOT of work and i've never did something like that

And my PS2 model is V7
    meh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ripper-chip? Vas is das? I'm not sure what you're on about. Are you looking to buy a new PS2, place the innards of the new on into the old casing, move the old into the new and then return it?

Thanks

First off , I have this chip : http://www.ripper-chip.com/ripper2/

Second , since my PS2 isn't in state of working I wanna buy a new one .
    But the ripper chip is attached to the mainboard of my PS2 so if I have my new one I want to get the mainboard out of the new one and replace it with my old one so that the new PS2 is modded.
    But I wanna make sure first that there aren't any conflicts if I do it because I have version 7 and if i'm right the latest PS2's are V9..

Understand it now ?
    meh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not really. You're probably SOL. You'll likely have to de-sodder the chip, and then find a diagram to sodder the chip to your new PS2. But what do I know?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Not really. You're probably SOL. You'll likely have to de-sodder the chip, and then find a diagram to sodder the chip to your new PS2. But what do I know?
    Sol????
    And to re-sodder the chip is gonna be a big problem i''ve never done that before....but my dad is very good at these things so he may do it
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

How can you be sure it isnt the mainboard itself thats dead/malfunctioning anyway?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nipedley
    How can you be sure it isnt the mainboard itself thats dead anyway?

Well first off , I went to a friend of mine who is good with this stuff and he checked my mainboard and he said that there is nothing wrong with my mainboard..

Second , he still can play DVD movies and Psx games ( some) so the problem is that there was way to much dust in my PS2 and that had effect on the config of my PS2 ( the voltage for example)

And for the last , I payed alot of money to let this baby modded but the guy ( I was sure I could trust him) placed another lens in my PS2 and he kept mine ... I just saw this 3 days ago because I opend it before it was getting modded and I checked it 3 days ago and I saw that there where pen marks on the lens ( not ''on'' it but at some other parts of the lens) so the mofo tricked me...
    meh

Thanks

Thats F bad... wouldn't you just need a new DVD Player?

I dunno, I dun have a ps2...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by djnickname
    Well first off , I went to a friend of mine who is good with this stuff and he checked my mainboard and he said that there is nothing wrong with my mainboard..

Second , he still can play DVD movies and Psx games ( some) so the problem is that there was way to much dust in my PS2 and that had effect on the config of my PS2 ( the voltage for example)

And for the last , I payed alot of money to let this baby modded but the guy ( I was sure I could trust him) placed another lens in my PS2 and he kept mine ... I just saw this 3 days ago because I opend it before it was getting modded and I checked it 3 days ago and I saw that there where pen marks on the lens ( not ''on'' it but at some other parts of the lens) so the mofo tricked me...
    Yup it could just be that laser that's buggered or something, did you try a lens cleaner? If that doenst work im sure i've heard of replacements you could try

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nipedley
    Yup it could just be that laser that's buggered or something, did you try a lens cleaner? If that doenst work im sure i've heard of replacements you could try
    I already cleaned but it had no effect , so I just have to replace the laser ..I found a store nearby and they can change it in front of my eyes... and they are ordering those lasers from sony and it will cost me around 80 euro if i'm right...
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

MMM, I don't think v9 lasers and v7 lasers are compatible. You can't swap the parts between ps2 like that.
    On a side not, the shop which can change the laser in front of your eyes, are they ok with console piracy? They may not like to see that ripper chip of yours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    MMM, I don't think v9 lasers and v7 lasers are compatible. You can't swap the parts between ps2 like that.
    On a side not, the shop which can change the laser in front of your eyes, are they ok with console piracy? They may not like to see that ripper chip of yours.
    the shop even mods PS2's

it's not illigal here to mod a console , nor to own copies .... you only can't sell copies legal...
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

But how could I know where you live?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    But how could I know where you live?
    not

I live in holland
    meh