Thread: Computer Trouble

Thanks

Default Computer Trouble

Ok here's the deal. My sister's computer has a problem. Every time I try to start up the computer, it gets to the welcome screen for windows xp, and then restarts. It does this every time, even when i start up in safe mode. So how can I fix the problem if i cant even get into windows?

Thanks

Hmm, how long does it take for the restart? It might just be a shitty virus that everyone knows and loves....

Try seeing if there is a process doing it you can kill right when it starts up.

Also you can try typing in "shutdown -a" in the command prompt. I believe that is the proper syntax that over rides shutdowns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Hmm, how long does it take for the restart? It might just be a shitty virus that everyone knows and loves....

Try seeing if there is a process doing it you can kill right when it starts up.

Also you can try typing in "shutdown -a" in the command prompt. I believe that is the proper syntax that over rides shutdowns.
    Windows starts up normally, and as soon as it gets to the welcome screen in restarts, i don't have a chance to do anything.

How can I run the command prompt during startup?