Thread: I need teh help getting teh mame32k emulator working...

Thanks

Default I need teh help getting teh mame32k emulator working...

Ok, I downloaded the simpsons roms and the make32k emulator. Now I am lost. What must I do with the rom files? I put them in the roms folder with no avail.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Isostealer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have to audit your roms before they'll work. Audit's in the options somewhere, but it's been so long since I've used Mame that I can't quite remember where. I'm pretty sure if you find the game in the list, you can right click it and choose to audit it from there as well. Try that. Should help.

Thanks

I tried that with no avail. Do the rom files need to be in a directory in the roms folder?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No. They just need to be in the Rom folder. Make sure they're zipped, otherwise the emulator won't recognise them. Or at least that was the case last time I used the emulator ages ago. If that doesn't help, then you'll maybe wanna PM Del_Boy and see what he says about it...

Thanks
    EP Points

That probably wouldn't work, I'm hopeless at MAME too lol

First of all what error do you get when loading them? Do you have the correct romset (ie the parent or whatever it's called).

Thanks

I am an idiot lol. I unzipped the roms. Thanks Cyber. And yes, I do have the parent set. Just I felt the urge to unzip it.

You learn something new everyday day

EDIT: New question : What are the controls and is there a way to change it?
    Last edited by Isostealer; 21st-September-2004 at 00:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol Glad it was sorted out so easily.

Thanks

COuld somebody help me out with my new question : What are the controls and is there a way to change it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You have to go into options and set the emulator to use a controller. It's set to the keyboard by default. From there, load up the game, and when you've done so, hit Tab. It'll open up an options window. Choose the option "Configure controls for this game", should be something along those lines, and then you'll be able to set up your controller for that game!

Thanks

remember to go into the options menu during the demo/title sequence, as emulation continues while you're in the menu. if the urge to make it easier (or harder) should come over you, you can change the difficulty by either "dip switches" in the options menu or by pressing F2 to get built-in bios settings menu. (what to do depends on the game, older games (before the mid-90s) tend to use dip switches, while newer games (neo-geo, cps-2, stuff after the mid-90s) tend to use software options.