Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good game = bad game, bad game = good game? Errr.... :S

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Good game = bad game, bad game = good game? Errr.... :S

Prologue

I
    So, have you ever bought/tried/played a game that apparently (according to reviewers/friends/other people) is bad, but you loved it with passion! In fact, it might even be one of your favorite games ever.

II
    So, have you ever bought/tried/played a game that apparently (according to reviewers/friends/other people) is good, but you hated it with passion. In fact, it might even be one of your most hated games ever.

Epilogue

I
    Yes I have. One of them being Hellnight (Dark Messiah in Japan) for PS1. It's a really great dungeon crawler/survival horror game. You are being hunted by this creature all the time. Only ONE enemy in the whole game. You can't kill it, but it can kill you. It's a really awesome experience. It got awful/bad review here in Europe.

II
    Yes I have. State of Emergency. I actually bought it. Can you believe it? I fell for the hype!! Reviewers thought it was a good game. I liked it when I first tried it. But today, I despise it. It's a GTA-wannabe with no fun factor at all, the missions are so damn repetitive etc etc. Yup.

So now, let's here what you have to say.
    Last edited by crusher; 13th-September-2004 at 17:37.

Thanks

I
    none I think

II
    I bought man-hunt wich was so not cool!!!reviewers thought it was a pretty good game, Man-hunt was screwed in my opninion

Ziegfried Guest

Uh. I ask people on IRC what they think of currently existing games. If they say something good about it that doesn't sound like total bullshit, I get the game. Haven't gotten any crappy stuff using that method yet, wooh.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Prologue

I
    So, have you ever bought/tried/played a game that apparently (according to reviewers/friends/other people) is bad, but you loved it with passion! In fact, it might even be one of your favorite games ever.

II
    So, have you ever bought/tried/played a game that apparently (according to reviewers/friends/other people) is good, but you hated it with passion. In fact, it might even be one of your most hated games ever.

Epilogue

I
    Yes I have. One of them being Hellnight (Dark Messiah in Japan) for PS1. It's a really great dungeon crawler/survival horror game. You are being hunted by this creature all the time. Only ONE enemy in the whole game. You can't kill it, but it can kill you. It's a really awesome experience. It got awful/bad review here in Europe.

II
    Yes I have. State of Emergency. I actually bought it. Can you believe it? I fell for the hype!! Reviewers thought it was a good game. I liked it when I first tried it. But today, I despise it. It's a GTA-wannabe with no fun factor at all, the missions are so damn repetitive etc etc. Yup.

So now, let's here what you have to say.
    I
    Any Rpg that was generally booed by reviewers

II
    A few football games.

(by the Way, where can i get Hellnight, I love those sort of games after playing resident evil 3)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theotheimpaler
    I
    Any Rpg that was generally booed by reviewers

II
    A few football games.

(by the Way, where can i get Hellnight, I love those sort of games after playing resident evil 3)
    You mean as in buy it? Dunno really. I was lucky to find it. I could however, make an ISO for you. Not until next weekend though, and you have to remind me.

Thanks
    EP Points

An Iso would be appritiated but no hurry i'm uploading a torrent at the moment

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theotheimpaler
    An Iso would be appritiated but no hurry i'm uploading a torrent at the moment
    Just remind me about it when you have the time and I'll make an ISO for ya.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Just remind me about it when you have the time and I'll make an ISO for ya.
    Thank you very much, I'll owe you for this.

Thanks

Yeah, The critics hates Vanguard Bandits....which is a kickass game....

.......Golden sun is teh shit.....

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Ziegfried Guest

Oh, that reminds me. People and critics all agree that CT is best, but it's really pretty mediocre. Oh well.

Thanks

Ahaha! I was gonna make a thread similar to this one, about those sleeper hits we all love...

But anyway...

Loved, everyone hated: Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness, Hybrid Heaven, Majora's Mask, Body Harvest, Quest 64 (yeah, I dunno why, but I felt compelled to keep going! )... Also, The Mark of Kri (I didn't hear much noise about this game, but it was good! ) and Shinobi (despite the lame level design and stupid "sword-draws-your-HP" gimmick... ).

Hated, everyone loved: FFX, Dark Cloud, The Bouncer.

Hated, everyone hated: Aydin Chronicles - The First Mage... , Turok 3 - Shadows of Oblivion (this one proved to be a weird experience -- I went through most of the levels using only my Crossbow! )...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Loved, everyone hated: Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness, Hybrid Heaven, Majora's Mask, Body Harvest, Quest 64 (yeah, I dunno why, but I felt compelled to keep going! )... Also, The Mark of Kri (I didn't hear much noise about this game, but it was good! ) and Shinobi (despite the lame level design and stupid "sword-draws-your-HP" gimmick... ).
    Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness: I was only put off by the horrid frame-rate at points. The game itself wasn't terrible.

Hybrid Heaven: Have not played enough to form an opinion either way. Kinda intriquing though.

Majora's Mask: Absolutely adored this one. The whole time limit thing puts some off. I thought it was brilliant.

Body Harvest: Haven't played it.

Quest 64: Yeah, hated this one.

Mark of Kri: Adored this one as well. It's a shame it didn't get the credit it deserved. Perhaps that will change with the sequal.

Shinobi: Don't know what world you're living in, but noone I talked to about the game had anything but positive things to say about it. I myself dug it, though I thought it could've been a bit more polished.

Thanks

I Not that I can think of.

II Yes, I absolutely hate Final Fantasy VII, sorry to all you FF fans, I just couldn't see what so great about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness: I was only put off by the horrid frame-rate at points. The game itself wasn't terrible.
    I never played Castlevania 64 until AFTER I played Legacy of Darkness, so when I found reviewers destroying the game for not delivering something bigger than its prequel, I was quite stranged... I myself loved it despite the awkward camera and character movement (which I got used to rather quickly). After playing Castlevania 64, though, I have to agree with their comments... If I had played C64 before LOD, maybe I would've shared their opinion...

Hybrid Heaven: Have not played enough to form an opinion either way. Kinda intriquing though.
    It has similar problems to LOD, but I myself loved the battle system...

Majora's Mask: Absolutely adored this one. The whole time limit thing puts some off. I thought it was brilliant.
    Loved the more "mature" theme of this game... Some didn't even give it the time of day, maybe because it was shorter than Ocarina... But harder...

Body Harvest: Haven't played it.
    It's a rather simple game (think: Star Ship Troopers), made by DMA design (Space Station: Sillicon Valley, GTA 1, 2 & 3 ). "Ugly" graphics, somewhat unpolished, but very fun...

Quest 64: Yeah, hated this one.
    I know, I know... I didn't like it much myself, but the game's difficulty really appealed to me... Never played it much, though...

Mark of Kri: Adored this one as well. It's a shame it didn't get the credit it deserved. Perhaps that will change with the sequal.
    Let's hope... My lil' brother loved slicing heads, too!

Shinobi: Don't know what world you're living in, but noone I talked to about the game had anything but positive things to say about it. I myself dug it, though I thought it could've been a bit more polished.
    Yeah, it felt a bit rushed and I remember reading a few mixed magazine reviews about it... I loved the fast-paced gameplay, but some things felt... Awkward...

Thanks

I
    Not that I can think of

II

FFX, Halo, GTA - All of them...