Page 220 of 267 FirstFirst ... 120170210215216217218219220221222223224225230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4000

Thread: What are you playing right now?

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS, Call of Duty 4, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, and Contra 4

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Starting a game on Shining Force II now. I hope it's as good as (or better than) the first game.

edit: So far I'm enjoying the game as much as I did the first. I don't think I'm anywhere close to the end, but I've already gotten several of the characters up to promotion level (though I'm gonna wait until at least level 25 to promote).
    Last edited by Tanthias; 16th-November-2007 at 03:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

CoD4

Thanks

Final Fantasy IX, don't know why.

Also, Super Mario World in SnesCube.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 2

Mai's theme, Marionette Messiah, is so shiny. Even if it is the exact same one she had in OG1 when she was Levi. Actually, probably partially because of that - some clips from fighting Judecca are on Youtube somewhere. I think I should track down a soundtrack for the PS2 version just because it's still shinier yet. Oh, Ash to Ash and Platinum Fallen Angel (Platinum Lucifer) are pretty good, too, and Trombe is classic enough to destroy boss BGMs.

EDIT: *.tta?
    Last edited by Mistral; 17th-November-2007 at 09:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, I'm playing FFIX as well. And it's truly a breath of fresh air after VIII. I don't even know why I played VIII again. Probably to see if I still disliked it.

I still do.

Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy IX for me too...er...three. I finished it once upon its release, really liked it, and then never touched it again for some reason. It's kind of nice, actually, since I remember so little of it. I've only just reached Burmecia, so I'm not very far yet, but I'm having so much fun going through it again. The soundtrack is wonderful, and I think it's the only Final Fantasy game where I really like the entire cast (okay, I'm not so keen on Amarant. But let's forget about him. ). I'm going to have trouble deciding on who to use~

I'm playing it in Japanese this time with the excuse that it's studying, but...it's not especially high level in terms of language, and the plot is quite simple, so I'm not really learning much. I'd be almost as well off just playing it in English. I guess any reading done in a foreign language will help towards a better reading speed, at least. Though that's probably just me trying to justify spending time on a game ahead of studying so I can keep playing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Actually, I'm playing FFIX as well. And it's truly a breath of fresh air after VIII. I don't even know why I played VIII again. Probably to see if I still disliked it.

I still do.
    Heh, I still say that some godlike power is aganist me finishing Final Fantasy VIII, I remember I had the game for PC, got until disc two and they just dissapeared. Then some friend sold me his backups and Disc 1 was damaged, I couldn't get past the Ultimecia parade, then, I got another backups and got stuck in the space part, but for some reason the game got freezed if someone used Thunder attacks. Then, I finally started playing them on my PSOne a few weeks ago and the goddamn piece that makes the disc spin is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    Final Fantasy IX for me too...er...three. I finished it once upon its release, really liked it, and then never touched it again for some reason. It's kind of nice, actually, since I remember so little of it. I've only just reached Burmecia, so I'm not very far yet, but I'm having so much fun going through it again. The soundtrack is wonderful, and I think it's the only Final Fantasy game where I really like the entire cast (okay, I'm not so keen on Amarant. But let's forget about him. ). I'm going to have trouble deciding on who to use~

I'm playing it in Japanese this time with the excuse that it's studying, but...it's not especially high level in terms of language, and the plot is quite simple, so I'm not really learning much. I'd be almost as well off just playing it in English. I guess any reading done in a foreign language will help towards a better reading speed, at least. Though that's probably just me trying to justify spending time on a game ahead of studying so I can keep playing.
    Uhh...I dunno. I really didn't liked the main cast, saying Zidane and Garnet, they were really meh-ish for me. Steiner is okay with his role, but my favorite characters are Freya and Vivi. Their background and story is awesome. In fact, I would have liked them being the main characters instead of the other two. Then there is Quina and the horned girl. Which I never use BTW.

I can't say I hate it or anything, but for my taste it's the lesser of the PSOne FF's. In other words, it's not bad, but not really awesome, kinda like a 8.0 for me.

Also, Resident Evil Zero. Again.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Focusing on Contra 4 right now, am getting my ass handed to me on stage 7.

Thanks

Also, Resident Evil Zero. Again.
    Survival Horror at it best and one of the best franchises (4VGs).
    Me I am half way through (again!) of Resident Evil:Code Veronica, on the Dreamcast of course.

Cheers gee Neighbors is on right now

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I plan on starting a game on Phantasy Star 1 (if I can get the game to work... if not, I'll just go ahead and skip to the second game) and playing through the series on Genesis.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Uhh...I dunno. I really didn't liked the main cast, saying Zidane and Garnet, they were really meh-ish for me. Steiner is okay with his role, but my favorite characters are Freya and Vivi. Their background and story is awesome. In fact, I would have liked them being the main characters instead of the other two. Then there is Quina and the horned girl. Which I never use BTW.

I can't say I hate it or anything, but for my taste it's the lesser of the PSOne FF's. In other words, it's not bad, but not really awesome, kinda like a 8.0 for me.
    Ah, I don't really know why I like all the characters as much as I do. Garnet, especially, just has something that I can't quite place my finger on. But I guess I liked Zidane in that he struck a nice midway point between the two RPG hero stereotypes. Most RPG heroes tend to be either abrasively optimistic, or just...well...jerks, for want of a better word. Zidane, though...ah...he was happy and upbeat, with a good moral core, but still had a bit of bite to him. I liked that.

As for the rest, I agree wholeheartedly that Vivi and Freya were awesome. Steiner really grew on me throughout the course of the game, and shows a surprising amount of development for a comic relief character. Eiko was really cute and funny, and is still one of the only child RPG characters that I don't find sickeningly annoying. And Quina was just...really, really weird. But in the best possible way. I don't know. It's really just a matter of opinion, I suppose. But FFIX's cast, Amarant excepted, just really agrees with me.

As for the game itself... It's a lot more modest that its two Playstation predecessors. VII and VIII both tried to do an awful lot, for better or for worse (in my opinion, in VII's case it's 'better' and in VIII's, 'worse' ^_~). And...as much as I liked the change of pace that VII and VIII's stories provided to many console RPGs before them, I kind of... There's a certain charm in playing something that does something so familiar, but does it all so exquisitely. I just can't find anything much that I don't like about IX. Every part of it just seems to interlock so neatly. I'm not trying to say that it's perfect, but...for me it is, I think. It just suits my tastes so well.

Thanks

now Playing Resident evil 4 on PC, or shud i say BIOHAZARD, with a trainer
    w00t

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post

Your taste is shit.

Thanks

The Witcher