Thread: Oh crap.....This is very bad guys.......

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Oh crap.....This is very bad guys.......

Here's my story. It's a bit long winded but I hope you'll stay and read the whole thing.......

Okay, it all starts in May of this year. The 17th or 18th, if I remember correctly. There was a fire in the building that I lived in with 3 other friends at the time. I had left with two other friends at about 11:30 PM or so. I was going to a friend's house to use his 'net (to come here actually; though I wasn't on the forums yet) since I didn't yet have the net. The other friend was just hitching a ride home. When I got back the building was surrounded by fire trucks, police cars, ect. I, being the curious one I am, went to take a look. Well, it seemed that the entire side opposite where I was staying was totally engulfed in flames. Everyone else from up there was out on the street. All of whom I knew and was (and still am) friends with. Well, I ended up going to my Mom's to stay the night until they'd let us back in (that one cost me my job, which I hadn't technically even started yet).

Well, all went pretty normally until one night when I went to the hospital for yet another severe anxiety attack. Well, one of the paramedics was also a firefighter and knew that I lived up there. Well, he asked me to come into the fire department the next day to talk to them. So I did. They asked me a bunch of questions (awkward questions, sometimes, now that I think about it) about the people that went up there. I agreed to help them out any way I could. Keep in mind I have anxiety and panic disorder, and I don't do well in situations like that. Well, shortly after that I moved to Findlay, about 60 miles away from here. That's about when I started actively posting here. Well, that lasted for about 2 weeks, maybe less. I ended up moving back here, to where I am now.

Now, here's where it gets interesting/weird/bad. I went to the hospital again tonight (I'm a severe hypochondriac) and guess what? Saw the same damn paramedic. And he asked me the same thing he always asked me when he saw me in the hospital. "Why all the anxiety?" He asked me that a lot. Well, he told me at first to come up and talk to them again. Which I thought was odd. I didn't think I could be of any more use to them. And so I told him that. Told him I hadn't heard anything new. So he told me to just forget it. Well, when I got home, I couldn't get it off my mind, so about an hour ago I decided to go up there anyway, since I figured that there HAD to be a reason they wanted to talk to me again. Well, we didn't talk long, but he told me that there had been another fire last night, and that it would be in my best interest to listen around and see what I could find out. He also asked me if this sherrif's deputy had talked to me any while I was in Findlay. Now, I don't REMEMBER talking to any deputy from here while I was in Findlay. When I told him that, he replied "interesting". Then he told me to come back Monday to talk some more, and I left. Now.....it seems to me that they're trying to pin this whole fire on me, simply because of my anxiety, like I'm anxious about getting caught or something. I DIDN'T start any fires. I wouuldn't put my friends in danger like that.

It just occurs to me that they haven't caught anyone in connection with the fire yet, and that I seem to be a perfect scapegoat. I mean, I moved not too long after the fire, so that could make it seem like I skipped town or something. I moved to Findlay because I needed another place to live (everyone moved out of the apartments that I was crashing in) and because I was gonna try to go to college there.......And on top of that I have "mental" issues.......

Am I wrong when I say that the law in the US is "Innocent until proven guilty"? But I suppose they just want the glory of finding out who started the fire. What the hell am I supposed to do? I get crazy anxiety when I'm put into situations like that.......And now I feel like I'm their #1 suspect or something. All because I'm a "vagrant" who moves a lot and have anxiety and panic disorder.......This just sucks.......I have a close friend who's a sherrif's deputy (and owns a gun store and listens to metal) and I think I'm gonna try to talk to him about this, if I can catch him. Anyone have any encouragement for me?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, if there's nothing connecting you to the fire but circumstantial evidence, you have nothing to worry about. They can't bust you if they have nothing on you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that may be true, but then how come there are so many innocent people in jail/death row? The American justice system doesn't want justice. They want a scapegoat to appease the public. Has Michael Moore taught you nothing? Watch Bowling for Columbine and read Stupid White Men.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. If we're to believe you, then there is absolutely no substantial evidence against you, so you won't get any trouble here.

And you being an admitted paranoid, are probably reading into thier questioning far more then you should. Of course they're interested in solving these arsons. But that they're asking you about them is likely because they know you lived there, and is not a case of trying to pin this on you. If they had anything on you, you'd be up shit creek without a paddle by now.

CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE COULD POSSIBLY GET YOU ARRESTED, BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO CONVICT YOU ON. So take a deep breath, relax and stop worrying....
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 27th-August-2004 at 14:21.

Thanks

Don't worry about it. Sounds like the fireman is just seeking attention. Probably feels unappreciated or something.

relax
    I am da geekness

Open Source rules

Thanks

Dont worry,they dont have shit on u.Like Cyberxion said:u are probably reading into thier questioning far more then you should.& until the police dont ask u anything u have nuthin 2 worry about.

Thanks

You're in some shit but I think you shouldn't be afraid since there isn't any prove that you did it

Thanks

Yeah, given that you didn't do it you're in pretty damn good standings. They can throw out accusations, but they can't prove a lie.

Thanks

The burden of proff lies on the prosecution. In order to convict you, they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you did it. The only evidence they have is circumstancial. I wouldn't worry if i were you. I would advise calling an attourney for further advice though. Dont let them question you again without reading you your miranda rights. Thats a core right you have. You also dont have to answer their questions, you can call an attourney, or invoke your 5th ammendment rights. But whatever you do, dont let them question you again without reading you your rights.